Panic farm for R2

Wardai
252 posts Member
edited April 2018
Okay so r2 is coming back way earlier (fk was planning on palp coming back to get 7* palp) so who should I panic farm and which lead.

I’ve got two choices magma or rg (0/85 so really going to have to invest in rng)

I’m looking at tarkin/Vader lead/tfp/st.

Vader I need 4 shards st is 91/100 and top is around 30/100 will invest fleet whenever he pops up
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• I'd say, given you're limited choices:
    Vader(L), Tarkin, TFP, RG, and ST. Long as your storm has got good gear and decent mods you'll have a decent defense. Tarkin Will be great for his AOE debuffs. RG will make for a decent off tank and adding more defense buff on top of storm's when his runs out. And TFP aoe buff immune should help out as well. Worst case if Vader lead isn't doing if for you, can always try and have Tarkin lead to see if that proves better.
    It is unfortunate that you can't use Palp in there. He would have really made your life about 10 times easier for this event.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I’ll start working on Rg shards starting tomorrow after I get my last 4 st shards, hope a single Vader shard shows up in the fleet store unless really bad luck and I’m screwed.

Also it wasn’t unreasonable to suspect palp would come back before r2 right?
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Palp was over 3 months ago. R2 even not 2...

CG loves us... I rly doubt r2 will come back again right before next cls...
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Palp was over 3 months ago. R2 even not 2...

CG loves us... I rly doubt r2 will come back again right before next cls...

You checked events right in game, he's coming out in 4 days...
  • Palpatine was like 84 days ago (under 3 months), R2 was just over a month ago (35 days i believe).

CG did say that required legendary characters would have their events just before the event they are required for (so either CLS is going to be on the heels of this R2 event, or there is going to be another R2 event before the next CLS).
  • I complained to the EA about this happening. Hopefully they will will fix it.
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I complained to the EA about this happening. Hopefully they will will fix it.

People have complained about the lack of warning and there was already another heated discussion that's been closed.

Yes the calendar comes out at the end of the month so by revealing the event in events it would get around it. Also so long as this is 100% a bonus, meaning it doesn't screw with r2 returning before cls which people say that it will, then it's a great thing. So long as cls doesn't return, except in a 100% bonus that palpatine should return this month and won't stop us seeing him in the next 2 months, I think everyone will be fine with this.

TLDR: If this is a bonus there is no problems.

• True, but the thing is, I really needed palp so I could get R2D2. I have a 6* Vader, and 3 farmable empire toons. That makes 4, and I was planning on Palp to be my fifth. But the fact that R2 came before Palp, in the opposite order I needed, is really painful, regardless of whether or not R2 will return.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Trojan
    23 posts Member
    Where is everyone getting this info? I haven't seen next month listed yet
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

They won't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

They won't.

I know, but hope is how the rebel alliance defeated the empire.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Trojan wrote: »
    Where is everyone getting this info? I haven't seen next month listed yet

What info are you referring to?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @Trojan I'm guessing you've got R2 7*, it will only show up for those that don't have r2. I don't know what is happening about the mythic events.

Also a lot of people planned on palp, I was one but I should still have the time to get rg/magma up for the event.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    So the legendary R2 unit coming eh? ohhhhh shoot me, im no where near done
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Don't panic.

Nobody is going to miss out on Commander Luke because R2 came back early. Every Commander Luke event so far has had a concurrent R2 event.

There is no need to stress.

Now, working toward Empire is a fine and reasonable idea. If you want to try for R2 this time around, I will suggest Magmatrooper for the simple fact that they are the more reliable farm, at a guaranteed 15 shards a day any day you can beat GW, and Magmatrooper will not compete with other cantina farms.

Even if you only get five- or six-star R2, you can work on leveling and gearing him at your leisure until the next R2 event comes around, and if you want R2 for any particular team other than heroic events and last phase territory battles, R2 is entirely usable below seven stars. Star rating is one of the least important aspects of a unit's power, after mods, ability ranking, and gear. Tanks and supports especially work fine at lower star ratings.
    Still not a he.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I'm more in the insanely worried incase cls returns and then we don't see him for 3 months.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    We already don't expect to see him for about three months, give or take.

He'll come when he comes. No help stressing over it.
    Still not a he.