What's the deal with the R2 event

Prev13
Why do we have the R2 event again, we haven't had Palpatine back since R2 was last in and the fact it wasn't on the calendar (yes I'm abit salty cos I need palp for the R2 event)

Replies

• Palo is on a two month rotation along with grandmaster Yoda so you'll only see him then.
  • Same here. I don't understand why they've done that. Let's wait the May Calendar (since it will be post today) and see what's ahead
  • Yeah heard palp and Yoda are bi monthly rotation but didn't we last have palp in January? (I can't remember for sure) knowing my luck they'll bring in palp the day after R2 leaves
  • Well, it will be a shame if it happens the way you said.
  • I hope this is an error as I need my palps to be 7 star to get R2 :(
  • Same here, only seeing R2 in the events currently though. Fingers crossed they have both on at the same time
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Uh was expecting palp before r2d2cand cls.. only way i can do r2d2 now is if theres a empire bundle to splurge on
  • Even with a bundle... Without Palpatine, it's mostly impossible to do it, or you are really high level
  • Isn't R2 recommended level 85 & g9+ anyway?
  • Yup
  • More than one week's notice, YEAH RIGHT.

CG once again showing that the communication of legendary events is just going to get worse and all their promises are lies.
  • Well, they do it like this because without preparation you have to buy bundle. And that's exactly what some people do. So why CG would change their way ?
  • HobbitCraft
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @xXDarthRevanXx they promised > 1 weeks notice in their "character release and events cadence" post. Therefore they changed, then said "kitten it we lied".
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • I'm in the same boat as you guys, as are a lot of my alliance members. The devs are either not thinking or are actively trying to make it tough on us. If I cant get r2 this go around and they have the CLS event without having r2 again I will not be able to get him either. There is no way im gonna wait ANOTHER cycle to collect these toons. Ill dump my money into another game before i wait another 8 months.....
  • Sorry the cadence of events isn’t working out exactly as you would have liked. This is why I made sure I had 5 empire toons without palpatine last time r2 came around. EP came first, but I still had insurance.
  • 8months? not sure where you got that from - R2 was here only 1-2months ago, and EP 84days ago.

But yes its kind of a kick in the nuts that they have gone back on their promises.
  • I've done the same thing as you if you wanna know. But I think about other people who don't. That's all. And be honnest, EP makes the Daring Droid Event way more easier.
  • same boat. i getting really angry now. we blame us to not start the game with annoying Phoenix! and they bring no Palp Event since January. And im not f2p so i put a good amount of money in the game but no im busted again and all others on my shard are moving on. first time i think about quiting the game and leaving toward Marvel Strike Force. I love swgoh but i feel treated like a **** by the cg.
  • Sharky350z
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Sorry, i meant 8 months for missing r2 this coming CLS event and having to wait until the following CLS event. Which i think would be around 8 months or so (give or take).

And for the record, i really do enjoy this game. Stuff like this just doesnt make sense, all we ask for is a candace we can count on. We would still spend the money, i dont see the harm in giving us an idea of what is coming up.
  • I’m just happy to have another chance at R2. I didn’t have thrawn and veers at 7 star last time. Just wish I had a bit more time to gear them is all.

Though I understand the frustration that others are going through.
  • They made a mistake, actually, they wanted to give 3 chewbacca shards
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Sorry the cadence of events isn’t working out exactly as you would have liked. This is why I made sure I had 5 empire toons without palpatine last time r2 came around. EP came first, but I still had insurance.

Uh i have been planning for this and still will fall short without a bundle, starck is 6* rg is 6* snow 6* veers 5* krennic just unlocked tarkin vader storm thrawn 7* ep 6* shore 5* tfp 5*

Ive also been farming cls event counting on the cadence to avoid tfp in cantina, but your right i screwed up. Should never count on cadence apparently after their post about it.
  • I bet they do it 100% intentionally. So they will drop cls without notice and without r2 before now so you just forced to buy bundles or go and screw myself and wait another 8 months or so for a another chance...

I feel kicked in a balls now... thank you CG!
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    I bet they do it 100% intentionally. So they will drop cls without notice and without r2 before now so you just forced to buy bundles or go and screw myself and wait another 8 months or so for a another chance...

I feel kicked in a balls now... thank you CG!

Buying bundles i dont mind, but when the cadence gets whacked you cant get there even buying bundles, it sucks.
  • Completely agree. It's what frustrate me the most. But hey, they are completely aware of the cadence of events, what players expect etc so what's the point of making people angry with such moves?
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Best part is my guild mates blame me for not being ready, even though ive farmed everything else required to participate in TB and STR, like wth.
  • I hear you. I’m also really, really annoyed right now. I’ve been waiting and preparing for the Palpatine event for months now so that I would have a shot at R2 and CLS the next time they arrived, but they keep withholding the EP event. And now they just spring another R2 event on us out of the blue? Why? This most likely means we won’t see another one in ages.

I just failed to unlock 7* Thrawn as well. If that event had come a week later I might have had a shot, but no. I was stuck at level 81 and at that level you just can’t beat it.

I don’t TH R2 is doable without EP or Thrawn, so now I’ll again fail to get a 7* R2, which means I won’t even have a shot for CLS the next time it comes, which means I’ll again have to wait for months and months. Utterly frustrating.

This schedule is messed up. Either the live producer really dropped the ball on this one or they are doing this on purpose to make life miserable for us players. It’s not adding challenge or anything like that, I bet they just enjoy tormenting people.
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Since i think you all are new players, just know that:-

All legendary event characters, required for a heroes journey event, will precede the heroes journey event, before it commences.

I.e., even if you miss it now, you'll have a chance to 7* it before next event.

Spread the word!
  • Join my guild i wouldn't blame you for not being ready haha, only needed the palp event and I'd be ready...... How silly of me to think an event that was last seen 3 months ago-ish would return before one we had just over a month ago.....
  • We (I imagine majority of people) know a hero journey required legendary will show up before the "hero" does, it's the fact the R2 is easier with Palpatine, add the fact that R2 will of appeared twice since palp. That's what's annoying people..... Well me anyways