Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Darkhelmet44
    76 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    MY fairly well modded g11 troopers got destroyed in wave 8 after starting it with full health and protection. Switched to g12 ep zeta L, g12 Vader, g11 tarkin, g12 thrawn unique zeta, and g11 shore and beat it with ease.
  • ReddFoxxStandingBy
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Maxed out Thrawn lead, g11 ZVeers, G12 Starck, g12 Deathtrooper, G12 Shore. Easy peasy. Although wave 8 I tried on manual, hit auto after about 5 minutes and watched them all die. There was a point in the match where Troopers just took over and dominated.

Edit - Shore hit yellow a few times, but didn't come close to losing anyone.
  • Options
    I beat it on third try, thrawn lead (g12), Vader (g12), palp(g11), bb8(g12), r2(g12), trick for me was spamming thrawn maneuver at the end of each round to prep for AOE at beginning on next round, make sure everyone was well protected with thrawn special as well. Save illuminated destiny for last tier, have it timed to be the first move for your team in tier 8, fracture papalo, AOE, Vader special to elder, more AOEs, game over
  • Options
    I just completed it, bout a dozen + attempts, zzVader L, death trooper, snow trooper, veers, EP. only Vader and EP were gear 12, all others gear 11. Oh and veers has his zeta. Had to land dots with Vader. Once Ewok elder was low enough health used culling blade. Lost EP and veers in the fight.
  • Options
    So much whining. You get 2 Zetas and 2 omegas. Of course it is hard. I would be mad if it wasn’t.

My Zeers lead Troopers lost in wave 8.

My zzPalp 219, Vader 163, GAT 263, Shore(g11) 120, TFP 218 (meh should have done r2 or snow) all g12 won pretty easy. Arena mods only on GAT.

The key is to always swap TM with Shore to keep his protection up and have him taunt. Last wave I killed Elder first, then Scout, then Wicket. Palpo has too much health and takes forever.

Hope it helps someone and stops all the belly aching.
  • Options
    I beat it 2nd try with droids.
    R2 full gear 12 one zeta
    Bb8 gear 12 with a multi tool zeta
    88 gear gear 11
    47 gear 11
    Grevious gear 10

I tried with a solid empire first and didn’t get far. I waited to use illuminated destiny on the the last phase till right before the Ewoks went to take everyone back up to 100 turn meter. That finished up the elder and logray. Also when I used r2’s stealth I left bb8 exposed so every time he countered r2 would go and stun someone.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Beat it with zzEP (g12), Vader (g12), zuThrawn (g12), Tarkin (g10), and veers (g10).

Kept shock on paploo and killed in this order: EE, wicket, scout, paploo, logray, then chirpa

If you lose anyone prior to wave 8, you are going to have a bad time
  • Findae
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, I think droïds are the key, here... Did it on first try, 3 stars, with them :

- R2 / BB8 : full gear 12, two zetas for each of them, really good mods.
    - IG88 / IG86 / HK7 : gear 8, no mods, no omega (except HK47 lead).

In the 8th wave, I thought for a moment I was gonna be murdered, but I dit it !
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lets all be honest here...whether the event is considered “fun” or “awful” really depends on how we do at it, doesn’t it?
    If an event is too easy or too hard for our specific characters today, then it’s terrible. If it provides just enough level of challenge then it’s fun.
    I hear complaining that the devs made the event hard by overturning characters stats. How else should they do it?
    Would you rather they pitted you against 25 moderately powered Ewoks? Or 1 super-tuned Ewok? Or nerfed your own characters abilities? Or gave the Ewoks more super powers? If you don’t like the stat tuning method, then what would be a better way to increase the challenge level?

In my opinion they did a lot of things right here. There are a number of teams you can use to complete it, not just one single combination that you either do/do not have. There is strategy involved. It isn’t just an rng fest like the thrawn event was (hit auto until the last tier and hope the battle starts out well for you).
    I’ve always liked this event since it was first introduced for that very reason and the new tier is more of the same.
  • Options
    Findae wrote: »
    Well, I think droïds are the key, here... Did it on first try, 3 stars, with them :

- R2 / BB8 : full gear 12, two zetas for each of them, really good mods.
    - IG88 / IG86 / HK7 : gear 8, no mods, no omega (except HK47 lead).

In the 8th wave, I thought for a moment I was gonna be murdered, but I dit it !

There is something in the future of ig 88 and IPD for sure. Maybe one day we ll get scout trooper as well with another TL ability.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Tried out a few squads and eventually beat it with droids--HK, IG twins, R2, and BB8

R2 gear 12, double zeta, 248 speed
    BB8 gear 8, no zeta, 216 speed
    The rest were gear 11 and modded for crit damage and offense, not speed

The secret was having illuminated destiny ready to go for the first move in stage 8, so I had to make sure it was off cooldown and then use the event special to burn turns in stage 7 so that I could make sure BB8 would be the first to go once I hit stage 8. Then I stunned logray and killed elder first

Overall, it's definately a hard event but you it's definately beatable with undergeared toons as long as they're the right toons and you go in there with good strategy. It's how an event should be

It's also worth noting that the ewoks in the early stages hit hard but don't move particularly fast, while the ewoks in stage 8 are blazing fast but don't hit hard. You have to go in there with aoe toons
  • Findae
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Aaaaaah, IPD... Only in my dreams...
    In my guild, we only have two troopers teams good enough to get IPD shards (including mine). Makes me sad :'(
  • Options
    I beat them on 2nd try, 3 stars with:
    zEP (g12), Vader (g11), zThrawn (g11), Tarkin (g10), TFP (g11)
  • Options
    Findae wrote: »
    Aaaaaah, IPD... Only in my dreams...
    In my guild, we only have two troopers teams good enough to get IPD shards (including mine). Makes me sad :'(

That will change in time. Imperial troopers are a fantastic “must have” faction and people will build them. IPD is also with the bounty hunter events. You ll get it sooner than you think.
  • Options
    For people using imp troopers.
    U had ur clue when they announced a new assault battle using only troopers/BH.
    Why would u want to still try ur luck and expect anything else in this event?
    I for one am happy with how this event is..even though i am not able to complete mythic.
  • Options
    Was having a hard time with ep lead, switched in BB8 for r2 and zader lead for ep (non-zeta) was able to win with following team/speed:

Zader (L) (200, G12)
    Thrawn (Z unique) (250, G12)
    EP (200, G11)
    TFP (270, G12)
    BB8 (250, G10)

I found the key was to regen protection with thrawn on slow rounds, manage turn meter to use ID round 5/8 to nuke before the Ewok masses can take out EP. Fractured Paploo r8 and kill order was elder, scout, wicket, then rest based on whoever had lowest health. With zader lead rather than ep, daze was less of a concern since you use tmr instead of gain, so there’s no need to sweat logray.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Not sure if I can win it, get defeated at last tier. My droids and shore aren't strong enough to use. Still changing my Empire squad up to see what may work best.

Ugh I hate it! I had great rng by last stage: My zThrawn went first, fractured Paploo, and I targeted Elder, but the ewoks attack so many times and daze my Empire. Only got about half of Elder's protection off before fracture expired and they started swarming. gheyyy my guys aren't strong enough yet.
  • Options
    It was fairly easy I thought. Used zpalp lead, vader, thrawn, r2, and bb8. I fractured logray, cuz his daze will ruin zpalp, wasn’t too hard. Vader and thrawn g12, palp and bb8 g11, and r2 g10
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    i havent paid to much attention when i entered the event but, does the event give you 2 attempts on each tier (mythic just 1) or just 1 for every tier?
    because i started with the mythic, and then saw that every other tier had just 1 attempt
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Failed with zVeers Troopers a couple of times, switched in Thrawn lead and won. Not even great mods on anyone but Thrawn and Shore.

zThrawn G12 (zeta on Ebb & Flow), zVeers G11, Shoretrooper G12, Deathtrooper G12, Snowtrooper G11. Speeds Thrawn 250, Veers 177, Shore 200, Death 157, Snow 165.

I did lose Veers in the final stage, which made me fear I might lose, but once Elder and Wicket went down, it got a lot easier. Going to try with Starck instead of Snow tomorrow, see if that's easier or not.
  • Options
    This is very easy, think on some strategy
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    i havent paid to much attention when i entered the event but, does the event give you 2 attempts on each tier (mythic just 1) or just 1 for every tier?
    because i started with the mythic, and then saw that every other tier had just 1 attempt

You can clear each tier once. Attempts are not shared so clearing the easier tiers does not impact your opportunities to clear the later tiers.
  • Options
    This event will always hold a special place to me as someone that really loved droids and empire since the beginning. I couldn’t beat the 2nd tier (at the time there was only 2) I tried in no joke a 100 times. Always coming up just short. It was an obsession. I think i Still have the kill order memorized I was always like a few hits away from killing EE. But the next time it came around I did it.

I was pumped. All my coworkers even knew how pumped I was lol. They still ask me about the event till this day. You all will get it eventually I promise. No consolidation right now I know. But you will! I have faith.
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wasn't hard but tedious. Very tedious.

Used ZZThrawn(L), Tarkin, ZBB8, ZR2, Shore (G12 all)

Shore died on the 5th stage I believe but after that the Ewoks don't hit all that hard, just hit a lot. So R2 stealthed the group whenever it was up with Thrawn restoring protection on R2 as needed. Take out Elder first on stage 8 or you'll be there forever. (Even taking him out first it felt like that stage took 10 minutes).
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    This event will always hold a special place to me as someone that really loved droids and empire since the beginning. I couldn’t beat the 2nd tier (at the time there was only 2) I tried in no joke a 100 times. Always coming up just short. It was an obsession. I think i Still have the kill order memorized I was always like a few hits away from killing EE. But the next time it came around I did it.

I was pumped. All my coworkers even knew how pumped I was lol. They still ask me about the event till this day. You all will get it eventually I promise. No consolidation right now I know. But you will! I have faith.

Same here, I remember the first couple of times this event came around it took me so many attempts to get good enough rng to clear the second tier. I was almost disappointed when my toons became stronger and the event became easy for me. Now I’m happy to have a difficult tier again!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Beat it the first try on two different accounts with the same team.

zEP lead (g12)
    Vader (g12)
    Thrawn (g12)
    zVeers (g11)
    Snowtrooper (g11)

No tank needed. All offense and TM gain. Veers/Snowtrooper mow effortlessly through all the early phases so that you shouldn't take a scratch. Snow gives everyone some TM on every enemy defeat. You should enter the last phase with considerable TM advantage, and full health/Protection on everyone.

Then with ability block on basic for Vader and Snow, AoE ability block for Veers, AoE stun for EP, and fracture from Thrawn controling the enemy team is easy. You have plenty of damage output from Vader, and Snow. The enemies don't hit that hard, so you can heal up quite a bit from a variety of ways with that team.

Just be sure to prevent Logray from dazing you. Vader gives you huge TM jumps as long as you avoid that. I fractured him personally. Also put a shock on Paploo to prevent taunt. Or you could fracture him if you stun/ability block Logray. Then kill Elder first (no resurrections allowed) keep him controlled as you do. If he does get a cleanse off it will set you back, but with EP Zeta it means your whole team will have 100% TM, so it may not be the end of the world.

Enjoy.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So lemme get this straight - teams with zetas and the majority of characters at at least gear 11 seem to do really well in this event?

I mean it's like there's some kind of correlation between zetas, high gear and the likelihood of success isn't there?

Odd. Anyone else noticed that?
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Same here, I remember the first couple of times this event came around it took me so many attempts to get good enough rng to clear the second tier. I was almost disappointed when my toons became stronger and the event became easy for me. Now I’m happy to have a difficult tier again!

Right! When it was just spamming aoe I could just sim through
  • Options
    Full G12 with Zeers on imperial troopers and i steamroll to last stage only to get widdled down by unstoppable Ewoks.....anyone beating this?