What's the deal with the R2 event

Replies

• If you read the cadence release post it is only NEW legendary events that will have a minimum of 1 weeks notice and that only the first 2.times.through is the event considered new. After that its just added to the event calender so I would hold back all the accusations of lying and whatnot
  • I’m just happy to have another chance at R2.

You should be.

R2 is one of the first "best" characters you can get your hands on :smile:

• It's a fair point about the cadence release but I'm pretty sure both palp and R2 have been around more than 3 times
  • Yeah sure especially since you can't get becouse your farming and building squad for palp to get that r2.

And this "extremely rare event" was not event 2
    Months ago where palp happened over 80 days already. Very logical.
  • Yeah, R2 event now falls into the "legacy" category, which means it goes on the calendar at the start of the month. Unfortunately, because he is early in the month it does seem like short notice. However, if he was towards the end of the month you would have 2/3 weeks warning when the calendar is published.

You should be.

I just hope to 7 star him this time around~ Hopefully with Thrawn that can become reality so when CLS comes around again I’ll be able to get him!

• Soo annoying, been farming for palp this whole time, was gonna do empire next

You should be.

I just hope to 7 star him this time around~ Hopefully with Thrawn that can become reality so when CLS comes around again I’ll be able to get him!

Excellent! With focus and avoiding distractions you will get there!

• i'm a bit annoyed NGL as I'm so close to 7* R2 i can smell it , and I think i might make it still but having palp first would have really secured me in my plan
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I'm panic farming magma (I did the math I hope I'm right but I can get 225 tokens by the time he leads and I need 185) and going to try and get RG up just for a chance to get him 7* incase for some unknown reason Palpatine we get the return of hero's journey way before we get another palp.

I also just want 7* r2 for the sake of it.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hopefully I will get 7* R2 without Palpatine. I'm confident of my success with my recent 7* Thrawn incorporation.

Will we see also CLS 4th May? :p
  • ARGH! I literally got my last Phoenix shard yesterday because I was planning for EP!

I was farming empire concurrently, and am close, but ever since the daily increase of 8 battles per hard node, my drop rates for ST and RG have tanked.
  • kindlekm wrote: »
    i'm a bit annoyed NGL as I'm so close to 7* R2 i can smell it , and I think i might make it still but having palp first would have really secured me in my plan

You've got a choice then, as this game always offers - spend money or wait till next time :smile:
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    ARGH! I literally got my last Phoenix shard yesterday because I was planning for EP!

I was farming empire concurrently, and am close, but ever since the daily increase of 8 battles per hard node, my drop rates for ST and RG have tanked.

I'm not the only one... I got 2 shards out of the 24 st nodes, CG is tricking us with the daily increase to bait us into spending money as when they release r2 before palp.

Oh god what is going to happen to me now that I know the truth... Send help
  • Problem here is alot of people counted to get Palp before r2 event since they bailed palp out of april since they skipped rotation of yoda/palp in march to give us premature hero journeys. And atop of all that they stomped on everything they said about hose events and announcements. It is nice to see that when there is problem with crystal prices they respond in matter of minutes but when community is asking for an explanation there is no dev in sight. BTW I have my empire ready but alot of my friends dont and i dont think this is fair treatment but that is just my opinion.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    The main problem is people were tracking based on last events, and the time difference between events in the past, I'm slightly lucky I've only got to panic farm either magma/rg and i'll have my 5.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    ARGH! I literally got my last Phoenix shard yesterday because I was planning for EP!

I'm not the only one... I got 2 shards out of the 24 st nodes, CG is tricking us with the daily increase to bait us into spending money as when they release r2 before palp.

Oh god what is going to happen to me now that I know the truth... Send help

The tinfoil hats are out in force. I've done the nihilus node 5 times so far today and gotten 5 shards.

Where is everyone getting info about an R2 event? It's not showing up for me and I don't see a may calendar.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Yeah, R2 event now falls into the "legacy" category, which means it goes on the calendar at the start of the month. Unfortunately, because he is early in the month it does seem like short notice. However, if he was towards the end of the month you would have 2/3 weeks warning when the calendar is published.

There is nothing unfortunate about it. They know that they can use start of the month as loophole for announcements. Wouldnt be surprised to see same thing for bb8 event. This doesnt really affects me but i really think this is not fair treatment nor is it respecting of deal they made.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    It's ingame, it showed up in the events along with the fleet challenges, all 3 of them endurance then executrix then home/r2 are released on the same day.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Funny, my event calendar just shows endurance in 2 days, executrix in 3 and home one in 4. Must be a US/EU thing.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

There is nothing unfortunate about it. They know that they can use start of the month as loophole for announcements. Wouldnt be surprised to see same thing for bb8 event. This doesnt really affects me but i really think this is not fair treatment nor is it respecting of deal they made.

There’s no loophole to use. They promised a one-week notice, but this is only for NEW Legendaries (and new Mythic too). Palp’s and R2’s are not new.

I wish people would start actually reading what Devs write, and not imagine what they’d like to read...
  • Funny, my event calendar just shows endurance in 2 days, executrix in 3 and home one in 4. Must be a US/EU thing.

I dont think you can see R2 event if you have R2, only question is do you have it :D
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Funny, my event calendar just shows endurance in 2 days, executrix in 3 and home one in 4. Must be a US/EU thing.

I dont think you can see R2 event if you have R2, only question is do you have it :D

Probably this as people who have r2 would be going for mythics, I've only got 5* R2. Also I'm AEST (9:40pm atm) so I don't think it's a us/eu thing.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

According to the cadence it should be "rotating " and will appear on the calendar next time it's due in the rotation
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Its more of a if you cant plan your farm in a game where the quickest farm is i think 22 days? Based on previous event cadence then your throwing darts blindly. Which if thats the devs intent to make you never kniw in advance so you spend money.. ok great. Just sucks when you have been grinding the characters with finite resources and then have your planning thrown out of whack
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Cyggy wrote: »
    Its more of a if you cant plan your farm in a game where the quickest farm is i think 22 days? Based on previous event cadence then your throwing darts blindly. Which if thats the devs intent to make you never kniw in advance so you spend money.. ok great. Just sucks when you have been grinding the characters with finite resources and then have your planning thrown out of whack

I think that's what has annoyed most as everyone seems to have been planning for palp, and the previous event schedule would have supported palp coming back before r2, but anyway YOLO let the panic farming begin.
  • I’m guessing they released R2 sooner than usual to stagger the BB8/R2D2 a little since they basically happened at the same time last time. I just wish they did it the other way around and did BB8 first.

It doesn’t seem right to have R2 come before Palpatine though.

I already have R2 so it doesn’t hurt me personally, but it will if it means CLS is coming ealry too (like May 4th early). I’m farming those toons now but I’m about 3-4 weeks away from Leia.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But your not blind, you know it's coming back. The best plan is to prioritize what you feel is important or is needed for your long term plan of growth and development. The minute you miss a character during their event, you should only focus on what you can control to get that toon the next time around. Or change your priority and accept the fact you may not get X toon next time around.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @Kyno I think it's trying to make the most optimal plan and save as many resources. An example is my current farming plan which was to look at it empire => r2 => cls. Unfortunately I've made the mistake of expecting palp first, probably like most people, based on previous event schedule and planning to get him to 7* so that I could focus farmboy luke/old ben after I got my TFP to lvl 7. Now I'm investing cantina/hard nodes on rg, whilst also going after magma to cover my bases as I was expecting on 7*palp to be my 5th. This is diverting more resources from what I could be doing because seriously who wants a 7* RG/magma (mainly because I need to invest in ships). If I miss r2 and cls because schedules were brought up I'm looking at finishing my farming in about a month, and I'm already looking at another 3/6 months before JTR based on what everyone says about vets and I've yet to really touch rey/finn

Also I think some people are worried because this means CLS is probably next week and they are freaking out because they are still trying to farm leia/han because you can't exactly buy refreshes/spend money (don't quote me on it) to speed them up
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

But your not blind, you know it's coming back. The best plan is to prioritize what you feel is important or is needed for your long term plan of growth and development. The minute you miss a character during their event, you should only focus on what you can control to get that toon the next time around. Or change your priority and accept the fact you may not get X toon next time around.

+1.

I only got it 6* last time but this time I will do it 7*. I started to farm the toons required for CLS the moment he was released so I would get him next time. Now I have all of them 7* except R2 and Luke (21/100) so if they release CLS in the same way as they have done this time with r2, I will be more than ready to get him.

On the other hand, when they released Rey/BB8 and CLS/R2 one week after (it was such a surprise) I supposed that they could do that again in a future without respecting the rotation of events. I dunno if I am the only one who think this way but I'm happy of it.