Are we on same side here?

Prev1
Sarith_LeKit
258 posts Member
edited April 2018
I have my R2 team ready since I use empire in arena but does anyone else thinks this is sort if a kitten move from CG? They said they will announce those events from now on but it looks like they are trying to find loopholes to that like this one, put event in start of the month so they can put few days notice instead of possibly whole month.
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Hopefully it is a bug - apparently this kind of thing has happened before!
  • I have my R2 team ready since I use empire in arena but does anyone else thinks this is sort if a **** move from CG? They said they will announce those events from now on but it looks like they are trying to find loopholes to that like this one, put event in start of the month so they can put few days notice instead of possibly whole month.

They only promise a one-week notice for « new » events. Learn to read before insulting.
  • kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Ambassador wrote: »

They only promise a one-week notice for « new » events. Learn to read before insulting.

they also said events that have appeared more than twice will be in the event calendar kinda cheap to have the event pop up in pending prior to the calendar even being posted imo

Like Sarith said it seems like they are using it as a loophole to get around having to give us plenty of notice about an old event
  • kindlekm wrote: »

they also said events that have appeared more than twice will be in the event calendar kinda cheap to have the event pop up in pending prior to the calendar even being posted imo

Like Sarith said it seems like they are using it as a loophole to get around having to give us plenty of notice about an old event

Sure, it’s their fault if you decided to farm something else.
    Best advice I usually see around the time each Legendary or major event pops up, and people complain about not having enough prior notice is this : if you really wanted to succeed at that event, you should have put all your focus towards it right after the prior iteration.
    If you did, you’re ready by the time it comes back.
    If you didn’t, it’s your choice.
    If you then complain, it’s a mark of entitlement, and this is childish. Now, suit yourself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kindlekm wrote: »

Can I ask, if they had put out the may calendar on Friday, would this have helped you in any way? Then you wouldn't be claiming they are using a "loophole"...
  • It's nice to see players understand each others.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Can I ask, if they had put out the may calendar on Friday, would this have helped you in any way? Then you wouldn't be claiming they are using a "loophole"...

Because they had to put it on the beginning of the month, even tho they know alot of players want him and he is required for one of two hero journey characters?
    Are you telling me that after a day notice for rey and 8 hours for CLS it is fair to do this?

Best advice I usually see around the time each Legendary or major event pops up, and people complain about not having enough prior notice is this : if you really wanted to succeed at that event, you should have put all your focus towards it right after the prior iteration.
    If you then complain, it’s a mark of entitlement, and this is childish. Now, suit yourself.

My first line is that I have my empire ready so I am not complaining about that, actually I am not complaining at all, I will have R2 this time around, my point is that they could put him in May with start on May 10th and then it would be on calendar for May people who didnt farm empire would still not have time to do it and would still pay for empire if they are willing to pay at first place but now it seems they do all this talk about schedule and how they will communicate more about it and then they look for loopholes to suit the deal to their needs. It is borderline hypocrisy for me but that is just my opinion.

Because they had to put it on the beginning of the month, even tho they know alot of players want him and he is required for one of two hero journey characters?
    Are you telling me that after a day notice for rey and 8 hours for CLS it is fair to do this?

My first line is that I have my empire ready so I am not complaining about that, actually I am not complaining at all, I will have R2 this time around, my point is that they could put him in May with start on May 10th and then it would be on calendar for May people who didnt farm empire would still not have time to do it and would still pay for empire if they are willing to pay at first place but now it seems they do all this talk about schedule and how they will communicate more about it and then they look for loopholes to suit the deal to their needs. It is borderline hypocrisy for me but that is just my opinion.

Guess you miss the new event equals week notice, old event goes in the calendars, or you just feel like being obnoxious for no reason.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    ^I think he's slightly pointing out we don't have the calendar yet?
  • It is okay that they go to calendar, my point is if they put event at start of the month like this they can go by on calendar announcement, plus they usually need to push update for event to show up so if event is to occure on 1st of some month and they push that update lest say 30th of the previous one u have 8h CLS thing again but for you it would be fine since they said they go on calendar and it would show up on calendar even tho it is 1 day?
  • Wardai wrote: »
    ^I think he's slightly pointing out we don't have the calendar yet?

Exactly. They will put r2 on calendar but they could also put his event on 10th so people who are missing out a few shards know they should panic farm those. And as I said I AM ready so I dont complain about not being able to get him this time and here is my proof
    https://swgoh.gg/u/sarith_lekit/squads/58493/
  • It is okay that they go to calendar, my point is if they put event at start of the month like this they can go by on calendar announcement, plus they usually need to push update for event to show up so if event is to occure on 1st of some month and they push that update lest say 30th of the previous one u have 8h CLS thing again but for you it would be fine since they said they go on calendar and it would show up on calendar even tho it is 1 day?

Yea, I wouldn’t care, because as also previously pointed out, if you truly wanted the event char, you would have made sure to develop the squad you needed after/during the previous run. As such. If i was hunting for R2, I would have already built my empire and just would be waiting for the event to return, like several of my guildmates have done.

Again, old events go in the calendar, and furthermore, with it being which month? . . May . . .. and which day . . ..? . .the fourth. .. . Typically the devs do some extra BONUS events and whatnot, we already can see how all the cap ship events are returning one after the other, it stands to reasonable suspicion that there will be other events ran for the fourth as well.

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Only thing I'm annoyed is I was planning on palp coming back first, now I'm slightly panic farming rg/magma

Yea, I wouldn’t care, because as also previously pointed out, if you truly wanted the event char, you would have made sure to develop the squad you needed after/during the previous run. As such. If i was hunting for R2, I would have already built my empire and just would be waiting for the event to return, like several of my guildmates have done.

Again, old events go in the calendar, and furthermore, with it being which month? . . May . . .. and which day . . ..? . .the fourth. .. . Typically the devs do some extra BONUS events and whatnot, we already can see how all the cap ship events are returning one after the other, it stands to reasonable suspicion that there will be other events ran for the fourth as well.

Oh it is May 3rd but that is irrelevant plus last time r2 was around was with cls which was at the end of march which makes this time a little over a month for it to come again and most people counted palpatine as 5th which hasnt come since 8th of february so instead puting r2 in mid may so that people who waited for palps have time to replace him oh lets punish them
  • Wardai wrote: »
    Only thing I'm annoyed is I was planning on palp coming back first, now I'm slightly panic farming rg/magma

I am so glad you replied when you did. Thank you

Oh it is May 3rd but that is irrelevant plus last time r2 was around was with cls which was at the end of march which makes this time a little over a month for it to come again and most people counted palpatine as 5th which hasnt come since 8th of february so instead puting r2 in mid may so that people who waited for palps have time to replace him oh lets punish them

Guess you don’t understand BONUS EVENTS Oh well ,
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @GhostTruckin he's probably worried (sought of like me) that this will be cls return and we will probably have to wait 3 months for the next cls attempt, as r2 is normally accompanied by cls. I'm still a month worth of farming out mainly due to leia.

Like the last time R2 was bonus event with cls he didnt come again until CLS was around again?
    Please if you are going to say something as argument make it valid first.
    Wardai wrote: »
    @GhostTruckin he's probably worried (sought of like me) that this will be cls return and we will probably have to wait 3 months for the next cls attempt, as r2 is normally accompanied by cls. I'm still a month worth of farming out mainly due to leia.

Not worried about CLS, I just think this is not fair to players that is all, especially when they said they would have better communication about these stuff
  • That’s possible, However , with it being may and all, and with all three cap ship events returning one after the other, as well as previous years, it’s entirably reasonable that this is a bonus event due to 5/4/18. The return is early as mentioned , it’s not in the rough timeframe as usual, what’s changed? Just that it’s appoaching may fourth,

Like the last time R2 was bonus event with cls he didnt come again until CLS was around again?

Not worried about CLS, I just think this is not fair to players that is all, especially when they said they would have better communication about these stuff

Lol, try to use common sense laddie it does wonders for your well being.

If you can’t accept bonus events for may fourth. Then Mebbe you need to re-examine why your here
  • That’s possible, However , with it being may and all, and with all three cap ship events returning one after the other, as well as previous years, it’s entirably reasonable that this is a bonus event due to 5/4/18. The return is early as mentioned , it’s not in the rough timeframe as usual, what’s changed? Just that it’s appoaching may fourth,

Look I get what you are saying and i agree that event is old you should be ready and all that, but I also think it is not fair to have lots of posts,videos etc trying to improve communication with players and then you put event like R2(tbh he is one of best toons in game and all of that) and you say nothing about it. They could've put it in that announcement where they said Han Solo would be may log in character and this would not be issue

Lol, try to use common sense laddie it does wonders for your well being.

If you can’t accept bonus events for may fourth. Then Mebbe you need to re-examine why your here

My point is they could have announced what is coming for may the 4th like they did for login character, which is by their words celebration for may the 4th

Look I get what you are saying and i agree that event is old you should be ready and all that, but I also think it is not fair to have lots of posts,videos etc trying to improve communication with players and then you put event like R2(tbh he is one of best toons in game and all of that) and you say nothing about it. They could've put it in that announcement where they said Han Solo would be may log in character and this would not be issue

Your crossing up between what they said and what you think they said.

You just said it’s an old event, which means it doesn’t get announced anymore, and frankly, r2 is good, but not the best, nor the end of the world if you don’t have him.

You just said it’s an old event, which means it doesn’t get announced anymore, and frankly, r2 is good, but not the best, nor the end of the world if you don’t have him.

As someone who have all legendary chars I am well aware of starting farm early so you dont have to worry, my point is not for character or event or anything else, I am talking about principle. They state they will announce things on calendar but then they use this "loophole" where they can put event in the beginning of the month and when calendar is out you know that event is tommorow, like for CLS or JTR in March which noone seen as "you should have farmed earlier you pleb" because it is not about character it is about principle which you my friend dont seem to be able to understand

As someone who have all legendary chars I am well aware of starting farm early so you dont have to worry, my point is not for character or event or anything else, I am talking about principle. They state they will announce things on calendar but then they use this "loophole" where they can put event in the beginning of the month and when calendar is out you know that event is tommorow, like for CLS or JTR in March which noone seen as "you should have farmed earlier you pleb" because it is not about character it is about principle which you my friend dont seem to be able to understand

Lol, you still are missing the point here, one last time, . . MAY FOURTH BONUS EVENT, Try reading that twice if needed, There is no loophole , there is no conspiracy, and you sir are off your rocker, Good Day

Lol, you still are missing the point here, one last time, . . MAY FOURTH BONUS EVENT, Try reading that twice if needed, There is no loophole , there is no conspiracy, and you sir are off your rocker, Good Day

And you still dont get it. Point is WHEN they announced it and how

So, you’re telling me you set up your farming plans expecting the events to line up perfectly, to have the least farming to do and to unlock some of the most powerful characters of the game the fastest and with the least amount of commitment ?
    I think @Kyno made the analogy of leaving your home to go to your office just in time, on the condition all lights are green. I rather think you left your home for your office, just in time but not only counting on all green lights, but also on foot and expecting to hitch a ride from a stranger. Things don’t always go as planned. There are already many freebies in this game, don’t expect to be handed everything on a silver plate.
    That’s possible, However , with it being may and all, and with all three cap ship events returning one after the other, as well as previous years, it’s entirably reasonable that this is a bonus event due to 5/4/18. The return is early as mentioned , it’s not in the rough timeframe as usual, what’s changed? Just that it’s appoaching may fourth,

And you still dont get it. Point is WHEN they announced it and how

And you still don’t get that they don’t need to announce the event a week (or 10 days, as you seem to want it on the 10th) before. Now, if you disagree with the Calendar being released on the very last days of the previous month, I can ask the Devs to simply drop the idea of the Calendar. That way, you’ll get the feel of the game experience the launch-year players had. :p

Oh, and totally by the way, even if the event was in the calendar, there’s that magic sentence up there : « DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ».
  • Well, if the moderators think like this, we can now be sure that CG follow the same way. And you taunt others by the way. Great job modo
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I understand they could have released notice of it a week ago saying it would be early in the calendar for next month, but the point still remains if you were not ready for it, you are not ready for it.

My point is that they are not trying to exploit a "loophole". Not everything is a plot against the players.

I would be dissapointed that i may not have time to get 7* R2 and therfore CLS when he comes back next time unless they decide to grace us with yet another shot at R2 but no i wouldn't have been upset at them about a loophole
This discussion has been closed.