Please bring back the Emperor of the Galactic Empire

Prev1
DarthHanse
81 posts Member
edited April 2018
Again there is a daring droid event without the palpatine event before us. all the newer players like me, who had not a choice to get R2 last month cause the had not the necessary toons on 7* especially Palpatine, will have everything ready except to him again. Please dont let us out of the door to CLS for a second time. Please be patient and bring back the Palpatine Event.

Thanks a lot

Love SWGOH not in love with being out of the CLS Rotation

Yours
DasKleineDickeMaedchen
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Feel your pain dude in exactly the same boat
    R2 shows up in 4 days and I was so counting that EP would land first.
    Let’s hope they sneak him in ;)
  • I agree, I don't get the timing for the R2 event either, it doesn't make sense, I was preparing for the Palpatine event as well.
    I'm guessing CLS will turn up before Palpatine again as well, very annoying!
  • Looks like alot of us newer players are in the same boat. I just need ep and i hve everything i need for cls

Same :(
  • I'm two weeks old in game, how do you think I feel? :pensive:

Anyway, yeah these "must have this team to play" events are annoying.

I get it, we have to earn the privilege like everybody else but knowing it's there and won't be back for months....
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Should check out the debate on the r2 sub forum, one of the mods said that it's a luxary to have events. Not saying that it isn't but pretty much it's our fault for planning on the palp return and being caught with our pants down because we tried to optimise our plans around previous events schedules.

At least I'm slightly prepared I've just go to rush RG or magma for a shot at 7* r2.
  • It's a double edged sword either way both can be used to get the other one but neither is specifically required to get the other one and in reality you can get both without either one
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    There will almost certainly be another Daring Droid event before the next CLS event, if not concurrent with it. Be calm.
    Still not a he.
  • When the last palp event came around, I only managed to get him to 6*. And Thrawn was only 5* too.

And from that day, I thought: I want to be ready with empire for the next R2... but what if EP doesn't come back before R2?

So I started farming Magma Trooper, just in case

And when R2 came round a month ago, I was ready. Still had only 6* EP, and 5* Thrawn. But I had prepared for the worse, and the worse happened, yet I was ready.

I think it's a good lesson, like Scar would say:

f27ba68c4872ca982fff52ea249d4fc741f3e2f1908d84893abfe6e50a522c9c.jpg
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @zorglub might I enquire about the team you used as I'm looking at running magma as my 5th since I didn't get thrawn 7* and missed palp last event.
  • @Wardai sure,

my team was Tarkin lead with Vader, TFP, ST and Magma. If I recall correctly they were all G9-8. Key was to kill R2 asap
  • Also, I really don't regret farming magma one bit. my HPit team is Vader lead (no zeta), thrawn (no zeta), magma, TFP and Tarkin

With that team I managed to pull 8.2M damage on Heroic rancor (clearing P1, 2 and 3)
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Okay thanks, pretty much the line up I'm looking at
  • I’ve had to go same way except I’ve got snowtrooper instead of magma
    I’ve omega’d Vader’s basic and force crush and tarkin’s basic, Vader and tarkin are g10 tfp,st,& snowt all g8
    Hoping that’s enough!
  • Wardai wrote: »
    @zorglub might I enquire about the team you used as I'm looking at running magma as my 5th since I didn't get thrawn 7* and missed palp last event.
    I also ran Magmatrooper to unlock 7* R2. My lineup was Veers, Starck, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper.
    zorglub wrote: »
    Also, I really don't regret farming magma one bit. my HPit team is Vader lead (no zeta), thrawn (no zeta), magma, TFP and Tarkin

With that team I managed to pull 8.2M damage on Heroic rancor (clearing P1, 2 and 3)
    Magmatrooper is one of those generally solid units who's always the bridesmaid, but never the bride.

Though against non-heroic Sith, they can do hilarious things to Darth Nihilus. Thrawn lead, Magmatrooper, Deathtrooper. Put a Deathmark on Nihilus. Then just have Magmatrooper spam their basic against Nihilus. Non-heroic, you can have tenacity high enough to laugh off defense down, and on resisting that debuff, you get 70% TM from Magma's unique once a round, then 20% from Thrawn's lead twice. So you can literally trigger Deathmark twenty times in a row before you've fed Nihilus enough TM for him to act again.
    Still not a he.
  • Largada wrote: »
    I’ve had to go same way except I’ve got snowtrooper instead of magma
    I’ve omega’d Vader’s basic and force crush and tarkin’s basic, Vader and tarkin are g10 tfp,st,& snowt all g8
    Hoping that’s enough!

exactly same here. only snow still G7. will get G8 in time. hopefully it will be enough.
  • thanks for nothing DEVs!!! :'(
  • It's almost like they're playing... games.... with us.
  • thats brutal. really. kind of a slap in your face. one day after the end of R" they bring Palp back and laugh out loud.
  • DarthHanse wrote: »
    thats brutal. really. kind of a slap in your face. one day after the end of R" they bring Palp back and laugh out loud.
    DarthHanse wrote: »
    thats brutal. really. kind of a slap in your face. one day after the end of R" they bring Palp back and laugh out loud.

Not being hyperbolic at all are we. . . . . Smh. . .
  • DarthHanse wrote: »
    What, did you expect them to overlap legendary events when they've literally never done that before? It's always been one, then the other.
    Still not a he.
  • I had set up a rebel team to finally get palpatine to 7 stars and at the same time, i was preparing the empire team to get R2 to 7 stars either (wich included Palp). Everything was planned acording to the usual (and logical) cadence...
    But now a single day of difference between an unexpected R2 and the palp event which follows it jeopardizes my plans. Who knows how long I’ll have to wait until R2 respawns again after the Emperor’s Demise scheduled for the 10th...
    I can’t feel other than frustration and disappointment.

You can’t expect the sun raising just because it usually does, right?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    You made an assumption.

You were wrong.

C'est la vie.

Do ya really need R2 right now? He'll be back. If you have literally no contingency, you made a bad plan.
    Still not a he.
  • kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You made an assumption.

You were wrong.

C'est la vie.

Do ya really need R2 right now? He'll be back. If you have literally no contingency, you made a bad plan.

Depending on when CLS returns on if they continue the trend of having R2 back during the CLS event (which with the way they have been on events recently is questionable at best )

the answer very well be yes or wait another set of months before CLS returns again

just because this possibility is unlikely you and others posting similar act like we are in the wrong to be worried about it
  • I made the assumption that Palp would come in May (last time was Feb 9th to 15th). I was right. And the next logical step is to wait for the R2 event a few days later (last time was 22nd of March).
    If this time R2 comes sonner than expected to commemorate the May the 4th, I fear the next time he shows up will be between two to three months from now.
    I know in this game sooner or later you achieve your goals, but my point is that we need some order to make our daily efforts worthy.
    I could have chose to spend my energy for the last two months farming for BB8, JTR or even Thrawn if I knew they would come before I was able to complete my empire team for R2. Now that’s another assumption, but I strongly believe they will.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    It's a double edged sword either way both can be used to get the other one but neither is specifically required to get the other one and in reality you can get both without either one

It seems a little arrogant but I'll quote myself anyways. This thread amuses me because people are complaining about their bad planning. If you wanna be ready for an event then farm what you need for the event.

You already have a huge advantage over the people who went for him when he originally came out in you have 2 options for legendary characters because thrawn wasn't even in the game at that point and empire is much easier to farm now than it was then.

Also may 4th is the anniversary of r2d2s release it makes sense to do it as a special event then. The only event he's required for is CLS so keep prepping, he will available before or at the same time. If your worried about building him up for that event and will be unlocking him at the same time save up your resources, enough credits to level him up, ability mats, gear https://swgoh.gg/characters/r2-d2/gear/ and mods so you are ready
  • kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    It's a double edged sword either way both can be used to get the other one but neither is specifically required to get the other one and in reality you can get both without either one

It seems a little arrogant but I'll quote myself anyways. This thread amuses me because people are complaining about their bad planning. If you wanna be ready for an event then farm what you need for the event.

You already have a huge advantage over the people who went for him when he originally came out in you have 2 options for legendary characters because thrawn wasn't even in the game at that point and empire is much easier to farm now than it was then.

Also may 4th is the anniversary of r2d2s release it makes sense to do it as a special event then. The only event he's required for is CLS so keep prepping, he will available before or at the same time. If your worried about building him up for that event and will be unlocking him at the same time save up your resources, enough credits to level him up, ability mats, gear https://swgoh.gg/characters/r2-d2/gear/ and mods so you are ready

that little bit of detail that may 4th is the anniversary of r2's release and thus any event near that is just an anniversary of his first appearance and not evidence of CLS' imminent arrival if confirmed by the developers whose stated intention with hero's journey is to give us minimal prep time so that preparing ahead without foreknowledge of the event coming back soon is rewarded would greatly assuage the fears of newer players like myself that if we don't get R2 this time we will miss out on CLS for yet another cycle even if we had everything else ready

a lot of you are really dismissive of reasonable fears based on what the company has done and said recently in regards to events
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    That may 4th anniversary thing makes it seem like it's actually a 100% bonus event. Now i'm not as stressed that I've got to get 7* r2 this time.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There's 17 Empire characters. If someone chooses a specific 1 of those to make up their R2 team, and that specific unit isn't readily farmable, well then they're kind of at the mercy of the event calendar.

I'd love to use EP in my R2 team. But he's 5*. So I have 7* Stormy instead.

All indications point to this being a bonus R2 event anyways. Palp is still coming mid may. So go 7* EP, and pretend this R2 event never happened. Then you'll be ready for the next one, as you would be if the bonus one never occured.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
This discussion has been closed.