34 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the strategy tips. I beat it 2nd try with:
    * zzPalp (l) - G11
    * zVader - G11
    * Thrawn - G12
    * zR2D2 - G12
    * BB8 - G11

Thrawn, R2 and BB8 have my arena mods (250+ spd), Palp and Vader are 'B' tier mods (200 spd).

For the last phase, I followed the strategy of fracturing Paploo, then focusing on Elder, and making Vader tank whenever R2 could stealth people. I opened with BB8's Illuminated Destiny, which may have been a mistake because I didn't do much damage with my initial attacks, and it was then back to me getting 1 attack, them getting 12. I only had Thrawn, BB8 and R2 left at the end.

I don't like the mechanic of watching while the other team gets multiple attacks each time I move - it feels a lot like being perma-stunned. I'd rather they have stronger attacks so I get to move more and use more of my skills; but that is a minor complaint. This is supposed to be hard, and it is beatable with mostly G11 (but zetad) units, so it's about the level they say in the description. And 2 zeta mats is a reward worth working for, IMO.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Full G12 with Zeers on imperial troopers and i steamroll to last stage only to get widdled down by unstoppable Ewoks.....anyone beating this?

Troopers are bad here cause of daze. You really need the classic imps. Zader would work as well. I had no issues with the event on my 900k gp alt (ran zep, vader, thrawn, chopper and tfp ranging from g9-g11) so i dont understand why others are having problems.

As has been shown time and again in this thread, you don't "need" any specific comp. There's multiple strategies that work, which is why it's a cool event.

FWIW I did it with G12 zader lead, G12 Thrawn, G12 Shore, G12 DT, G11 zVeers. So three troopers were right there in the thick of it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Finished with droids—HK leader, 88, BB8, R2, B2. 88 and BB8 are g11, the rest g10. Zetas on Numbers Crunch and both BB8’s abilities.

Save Illuminated Destiny for p4, stun and ability block the elders but otherwise focus on Teebo. Be careful with spreading Secret Intelligence, since BB8 will taunt each time. The crits you get from attacks will drop ID’s cooldown well enough.

P8 take out the Elder first, then Logray. Again, use 88’s ability block and R2’s stun to lock down Logray. Save B2’s cleanse for when Chirpa throws retribution on everyone.

Took 3 tries. First time I taunted a little too much with BB8 and a Scout one-shotted it in p7. Second try I had bad, bad luck with crits and dodges in p4 and Teebo exploded 88 so I reset. Third try worked like a charm.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Actually managed to beat it with a *cough* different team setup, no shore! Please refrain from laughter as you read

Zaxon (L) G12
    Palp (no zetas) G12
    Krennic G12
    zDeathtrooper G12
    zThrawn (unique) G12

Poor little bears didn't last very long, got it on first try. And, YES, I did make a team around Gar Saxon, and YES, it works quite well :smile: Keeps me in top 200 for the most part, not the best team, sure, (stick zeta on palp and I'm in business, sure) but really fun. Key was ewoks kept channeling counters into paploo and a fracture on elder. (280 speed on thrawn)

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Actually managed to beat it with a *cough* different team setup, no shore! Please refrain from laughter as you read

Zaxon (L) G12
    Palp (no zetas) G12
    Krennic G12
    zDeathtrooper G12
    zThrawn (unique) G12

Poor little bears didn't last very long, got it on first try. And, YES, I did make a team around Gar Saxon, and YES, it works quite well :smile: Keeps me in top 200 for the most part, not the best team, sure, (stick zeta on palp and I'm in business, sure) but really fun. Key was ewoks kept channeling counters into paploo and a fracture on elder. (280 speed on thrawn)

That sounds like a fun team. The counter attacks hurt fast opponents more, and those toons have some nasty basic attacks. No laughing here.
  • Got two stars with thrawn zeta on unique g12,
    Palp gear 11, Vader gear 11, r2 zeta on number crunch gear 12 and bb8 zeta on roll g12. Speed wasn’t crazy 240’s on both droids 230 thrawn 200 palp 180 Vader. lost palp just on last phase but took elder first and by the time I was ready to take a turn wicket and chirpa were pretty much dead so finished them off. Took me a few attempts as palp didn’t make it to last phase once before that attempt
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I cleared it with zvader lead g12, z veers g12, dt g10, zstarck g11, and snowtrooper g11. Took a lot of attempts before rng let Vader go first and land his dots and even then barely cleared it.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Yes! I beat the mythic tier with the following team:
    ZVador (L) g11
    ZVeers g10
    ZThrawn g12
    Snowtrooper g10
    Shoretrooper g10

I barely won actually. Only Vador and Thrawn made it but that was enough. Veers and Thrawn had to often refill Shore's protection but it was worthy, Shore could held his ground with his immunity to crits. Vador as a leader helped a lot for wave 8 with the dots. Veers too with his aoe.

Thank you sir, i had exact same gear levels and zeta's and did it with vader and thrawn standing.
    Only tried that team after seeing your post.

• scuba
    14039 posts Member
    lesismore wrote: »
    Only R2 and BB8 are g12 with decent mods, rest g11 with ordinary mods, no strategy, barely a scratch on my beloved droids:
    5BOpXWX.png
    OkqmhNJ.png

ÉDIT: fixed the title ;)

Yes droids ftw! I was about to go zeta ep and figured I would give the droids a try. Hk, 88, Bb8, R2, chopper killed it.
  • My team: ZZemp, thrawn, Vader, r2, tfp. Beat it first try without losing anyone. All g12 except tfp at g11.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    PAlp, Vader, Thrawn, IG88 and BB8
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    So the first time i tried a Tarkin lead team for his extra speed.Failed miserable and by the third phase i was only having Tarkin and Vader.Switched to Palp lead and used Stormtrooper as a tank.Palp,Vader,Tarkin,TFP and Stormtrooper did the trick (Palp G12,Vader G12,Tarkin G12,TFP G11 and Stormtrooper G10).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    All g12 and modded respectably @ +75 to +90 speed. Tired of swapping arena mods around...

Lost w/ zzEP lead 2x
    Lost w/ zVeers lead 3x
    Succeeded w/ :

zzThrawn (L)
    zVeers
    Starck
    DT
    Shore

Everyone gaining the special from Thrawn's lead makes getting rid of daze amazingly easy and massive tm gain to go again. +50% from special, +15% from Thrawn unique, +15% from Shore unique = fully cleansed and +80% tm, ready to go again.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    lesismore wrote: »
    Only R2 and BB8 are g12 with decent mods, rest g11 with ordinary mods, no strategy, barely a scratch on my beloved droids:
    5BOpXWX.png
    OkqmhNJ.png

ÉDIT: fixed the title ;)

Very similar experience (fairly easy go and won on first try) except I lost BB-8 at the end. My team was EP (Lead G11), Thrawn (G12), Vader (G10), R2 (G12), and BB-8 (G11). Not one Zeta on any of them.

https://swgoh.gg/u/themadbastage/

5byKOhB.jpg
  • I beat it 2nd try fairly easily with

ZEmp - g11, okay mods, only leader zeta
    Vader - g12, okay mods, no unique zeta
    Tarkin - g10, terrible mods, no zeta
    Thrawn - g12, good mods, no zetas
    And R2 - g12, good mods, full zetas

Like everyone is saying, focus Logray, then elder and the rest was a cake walk. I kept feeding TM to emp from Thrawn (or if someone needed a little more protection) to keep stuns and AoE going. Once Logray went down though the whole fight went down easily. Just took some patience and used R2 as a stealth provider for my empire team while R2 took the beating.

But I 3 stared it with a mediocre group with okay mods and only partial zetas, and everyone still had protection at the end.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Took me 5 tries with zzPalpatine (G11), zzVader (G12), zzGrand Admiral Thrawn (G12), Deathtrooper (G12) and Shoretrooper (G12). The troopers died in the process of taking out Elder, Paploo and Logray, fortunately could kill the rest.
  • So.....
    Thrawn lead, EP, Vader, zzR2, zBB8. All g12 except BB8 who is at 11. Very doable. You need to careful pop that destiny and specials to get good TM for the final stage but it’s easier with this team.
    See now I can understand the frustration on this one, but this is how a mythic tier should be. You can do this with proper strategy, a well put together team, and proper mods. That’s it. Sure there’s a little luck still needed but the tuning is perfect. Very fast murder bears, but on the final stage it’s all about debuff placement and kill order. That’s how you do a mythic event.
    You don’t give preloaded TM, crazy speed, crazy damage and crazy abilities that require all luck to beat. @CG_TopHat make notes on this mythic tier. That’s how it’s done!
  • This thread should be sponsored by Kleenex with all the tears from crying.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Couldn't make it with trooper g11 .
    Made it with
    Hk47 g9
    ig86 g10
    Ig88 g11
    ZzR2 12
    Zbb8 g11
    3* first attempt
    ****** Empire lol
  • Here is a guide, hope that it helps those in need:

https://youtu.be/eZA8AlrRL0w
  • I've tried ZVeers(L), zStarck, zzThrawn, zDT, and ShT
    and
    zzEP (L), zzThrawn, zzVader, zDT, and ShT

both teams with full blown arena mods that I place top 20-30 with, and they are all 7* g12 and I can maybe kill one or two ewoks in the final battle. I go through all 7 stages just to get stomped on the final stage. Exactly what kind of team is supposed to be capable of beating them? Seriously if those teams can't beat them, what can?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Read through this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    One answer is Tarkin lead. I used Tarkin G11, Vader G11, Thrawn G12, R2 G12, BB8 G8. 3 star clear. No zeta except R2 NC and CA
  • I've tried ZVeers(L), zStarck, zzThrawn, zDT, and ShT
    and
    zzEP (L), zzThrawn, zzVader, zDT, and ShT

both teams with full blown arena mods that I place top 20-30 with, and they are all 7* g12 and I can maybe kill one or two ewoks in the final battle. I go through all 7 stages just to get stomped on the final stage. Exactly what kind of team is supposed to be capable of beating them? Seriously if those teams can't beat them, what can?

I used your exact 2nd team with TFP instead of DT and beat it first try didn't even have to move mods

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthpedro/collection/
  • This is nuts. Full gear 12 with speeds of 250 plus and I get mowed down by god ewoks
  • @Seltgar

Post a link to swgoh.gg and who exactly did you use
  • I 3* it with zVeers, Starck, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper. All G12 and with good mods. I autoed till the 8th stage then played manual.
    Some guildmate found it easier with Thrawn lead, Veers, shore, snow, Deathtrooper (fracture +deathmark combo, plus cleanse) and many had success with zPalp teams.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Seltgar wrote: »
    This is nuts. Full gear 12 with speeds of 250 plus and I get mowed down by god ewoks

You are doing something wrong. I don't have a single toon with 250 speed and I got it on first shot

ZEP g12
    Zader g12
    ZThrawn g12
    Shore g12
    R2Z2

https://swgoh.gg/u/julmay/
  • I need to gripe about the mythic tier rewards. Are you telling me that upon repeat completion, you ONLY get 2 Omega mats? For THE hardest tier of an assault battle? Where's my well earned Ewok shards, the one thing these events are supposed to give out he whazzo? Credits? Gear? If you wanted to stick with ability materials as rewards, can I at least get purple mats? You can't possibly justify 2 Omega mats for the price of a mythic.