galactic wars question

so, i have a question in reference to galactic wars and hope that someone maybe able to assist with this because I am really thinking of quitting game if this were to continue. I am level 82 have decent two full 7 star teams, in top 500 arena, etc.. yet I have only ever completed 2 gw fully, the reason why is every single and yes I mean every single day I get stuck going against full gear 12 plus zeta level 85 teams, that quite frankly destroy me. yet, another person in my alliance who started about same time i did, same power level almost identical teams never encounters teams like this and has nearly 70 completions of it and completes it no challenge every day... so why is that I am stuck with teams like this every single day? it gets very frustrating and i am seriously thinking of quitting as this is really taking away my enjoyment of the game.

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I haven’t seen anything like that I’m lvl 80 and worst I’ve seen is chaze, wiggs and r2z2 (didn’t check how many zetas they had) but that’s a common last node for me
  • dethmatic wrote: »
    so, i have a question in reference to galactic wars and hope that someone maybe able to assist with this because I am really thinking of quitting game if this were to continue. I am level 82 have decent two full 7 star teams, in top 500 arena, etc.. yet I have only ever completed 2 gw fully, the reason why is every single and yes I mean every single day I get stuck going against full gear 12 plus zeta level 85 teams, that quite frankly destroy me. yet, another person in my alliance who started about same time i did, same power level almost identical teams never encounters teams like this and has nearly 70 completions of it and completes it no challenge every day... so why is that I am stuck with teams like this every single day? it gets very frustrating and i am seriously thinking of quitting as this is really taking away my enjoyment of the game.

The difficulty of your GW is based on how powerful your top five is. So all I can suggest is to work on other characters and try to balance out your roster.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    dethmatic wrote: »

it used to be like that all the time, same at 85. best way i found to beat it was to get as many teams to gear level 9 as you can. use one team to weaken them / kill leader then go to town with the rest of your teams. hope that helps mate

You could also throw your weaken team under the bus or some random characters and try and bait out some abilities. Used to do this vs high level nilhus/palp teams as my main squad was Phoenix, normally tried to draw out lightning/drain and see what damage I could do.
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm noticing GW is getting easier with at least two solid teams. Node 10/11/12 are the "got two or three teams yet?" walls. Or at least a few benchwarmers that can do decent damage to soften them up.

I'm only at level 52 though. So I'm not seeing any solid factional teams yet outside of the occasional Phoenix, which is a matter of making the most of the few turns you get, crack one and you've beaten it.

Once I can spare the resources I'll use Vader as the super pinch hitter.

GW does sometimes throw you a bone however and give you an easier time with some runs.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What node are you seeing these teams on?

what is his arena rank/ team power compared to yours?

what team(s) are you using in GW? Do you TM load fresh teams? (I used to do 3 teams)
  • nodes range : for example today my very first fight was 85 maxed zeta night sister team , first fight for crying out loud, my team is 70k team my top 5 includes boba, kylo,mace, old ben and ahsoka... second team is 56k phoenix, working on my others currently and i constantly reload and refresh fights but getting no where
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    nodes range : for example today my very first fight was 85 maxed zeta night sister team , first fight for crying out loud, my team is 70k team my top 5 includes boba, kylo,mace, old ben and ahsoka... second team is 56k phoenix, working on my others currently and i constantly reload and refresh fights but getting no where

@dethmatic

I hate to tell you this but your top team is really lacking you have very little synergy and while boba Kylo and old Ben are good characters that lack of synergy really hurts you against high synergy teams like nightsisters.

One of the best tips you will get is drop mace windu he is an awful character with no redeeming qualities outside his ship and even then it's only ok.

It's also difficult to fully critique your squad without knowing what you have for mods do you have a swgoh.gg account if not you should get one and post a link to it here.

Last thing and I'm trying not to sound like a **** when I say this but what was the power rating of that nightsister squad and I ask because my top 5 puts me up in the 90K+ range and I pretty consistently get level 70 squads for my first node and have never seen a zeta before at least node 6 even before they lowered the difficulty. The exact composition of the nightsisters team would help as well as there are several different ways to make a nightsisters team.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    nodes range : for example today my very first fight was 85 maxed zeta night sister team , first fight for crying out loud, my team is 70k team my top 5 includes boba, kylo,mace, old ben and ahsoka... second team is 56k phoenix, working on my others currently and i constantly reload and refresh fights but getting no where

That does seem like a tough team to get in node 1 and I'm not sure the teams you've mentioned could beat it. I also can't speak to why you've had a different experience from your friend. However, some advice I can give:

Your top team is not a good team. Mace is a useless toon, drop him and don't ever look at him again unless jedi get a rework. Ahsoka also probably isn't worth investing in right now. The other 3 are good characters but only really work in specific setups - eg OB is a decent tank in a rebel team, kylo is a good attacker in a first order team. Using them outside of those teams is not a good idea.

GW is all about team synergy - you free to pick characters whose abilities complement each other or you're kitten. Your Phoenix squad is a better option - with health and protection recovery they don't get progressively streaker at you progress through the nodes.

The next thing to think about is mods. If your team isn't modded at least half decently you're going nowhere. What's your mod situation?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    GW is scaled to Stat Power, not Galactic Power so telling us you have a 70k power team means nothing really. Stat power is also highly weighted towards stats like protection and health so if you have a bunch of useless tanks like Mace or Chewbacca then you are only artificially inflating your GW difficulty for yourself.
  • thanks for all the advice i am working on first order team currently, the ones i got were all based on luck in getting them haven't spent anything on game so i get what i get basically, it just stinks that my luck in gw is horrid once first order done the i'll be working on empire
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Yeah I highly question that node 1 team. Most of my node 1 teams are in the mid 70s (yes I’m level 85). I don’t usually see zetas until node 9 if that

Agree with everyone else that synergy and multiple teams is a must. When I was leveling I had 2 decent squads that carried me until I could solo GW with Phoenix or FO. Just gotta stick with it OP, it’ll get there.