Are we on same side here?

2Next

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @Ambassador so optimising my plan on previous event timetables is a bad thing to do and just expect it all to be random? Even Kyno said that was a bit of an exaggeration on the post he did that on.

Based on that reasoning I should try and get let’s say 8 different empire characters besides the normal go to like rg, Magma and let’s say gar Saxon. I’m pretty sure this game is about optimising resources especially if you’re going to be f2p.

I know there is no set timetable but you can’t say someone expecting palpatine event before r2 and planning for that is that wrong. Yes it is probably wrong to plan on getting an event before another event, but history would of backed up this plan not taking into the account this bonus event. I’m only worried at this point that this will see cls the following week and thus change the cls event for 3 months from now instead of seeing it around June and at latest probably July.
  • Ambassador wrote: »

So, you’re telling me you set up your farming plans expecting the events to line up perfectly, to have the least farming to do and to unlock some of the most powerful characters of the game the fastest and with the least amount of commitment ?

Well it didn't really seem to be an unreasonable thing to expect palp to return before R2D2 since we just had an R2D2 last month. But apparently they have decided to just go with a completely random approach to adding events.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    @Ambassador so optimising my plan on previous event timetables is a bad thing to do and just expect it all to be random? Even Kyno said that was a bit of an exaggeration on the post he did that on.
    What you call optimizing your plan, I call gambling. Optimizing is when you devise a fool-proof plan. Depending on the return of an event which has a set regular pattern before another, is taking a risk. YOU take the risk. It could have worked, it did work in the past for others, but it’s not because it HAS or it COULD work, that it WILL.
    Like in most everything, taking a risk increases the size of the benefit you can get, if all goes well. But taking the risk also increases the size of the failure, if not everything goes well, or increases the odds of a failure. What you and others failed to take into consideration is that, by taking the risk of farming only four Empire toons and relying on the risk taken to bring the fifth, you incurred a chance of failure.
  • Ambassador wrote: »

So, you’re telling me you set up your farming plans expecting the events to line up perfectly, to have the least farming to do and to unlock some of the most powerful characters of the game the fastest and with the least amount of commitment ?

Well it didn't really seem to be an unreasonable thing to expect palp to return before R2D2 since we just had an R2D2 last month. But apparently they have decided to just go with a completely random approach to adding events.

Guess what ? It’s a game. Randomness is a part of it. It would be stale if everything was set according to a rigid timetable, with defined progression which would be the same for everyone.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Well doesn’t matter now the events happening, let’s hope this is not the last r2 event before cls and that this doesn’t effect the return of this event in the next two months and this really is a “bonus” event, I’ll happily take the 6* anyway easy.
  • I think it's kind of silly fro CG to not release the calendar one week in advance. If you think about it, it would have caused one full week of panic farming to be ready for R2 AND a possible may 4th CLS (which wouldn't be in the calendar since it's legacy).

Instead, people who are not ready are crying out their despair on the forums, and will probably not panic farm because... well there's not enough time for them to be ready. So you get an angry mob and not much extra $$$ instead of an excited spending spree
  • Sarith_LeKit
    258 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Okay lets do analogies.
    If i travel the same road to my job every day I know exact times when lights will be green and if you drive optimal speed for area where you live you will catch so called "green wave" so you can actually count on all green lights if those who made system made it right or said they made it right.

Also I think that someone who is moderator should not have that kind of attitude with a customer so if you could tell me where i can report your behaviour ? @Ambassador
  • Okay lets do analogies.
    If i travel the same road to my job every day I know exact times when lights will be green and if you drive optimal speed for area where you live you will catch so called "green wave" so you can actually count on all green lights if those who made system made it right or said they made it right.

Also I think that someone who is moderator should not have that kind of attitude with a customer so if you could tell me where i can report your behaviour ? @Ambassador

I'm not 100% sure the mods are paid by CG, I've seen a lot of posts where @Kyno was very critic of CG. But I second you on @Ambassador 's behaviour. If you get personal in your posts as a mod, you're doing it wrong
  • zorglub wrote: »
    Okay lets do analogies.

I'm not 100% sure the mods are paid by CG, I've seen a lot of posts where @Kyno was very critic of CG. But I second you on @Ambassador 's behaviour. If you get personal in your posts as a mod, you're doing it wrong

He probably isnt paid by CG but CG gave him power in forum so he is kind of employee
  • zorglub wrote: »
    Okay lets do analogies.

He probably isnt paid by CG but CG gave him power in forum so he is kind of employee

That is not how it works.

Secondly, moderators can get personal on the forums, its just that they cant let their personal beliefs interfere with their "jobs". As long as he doesnt sound like a mod while saying them i m fine with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zorglub wrote: »
    Okay lets do analogies.

As said above, that's not how it works. We are volunteers, I guess we could be considered representatives, but not employees. We gain no benefit from this "relationship", we like many are just here trying to help the community and the game become more/better.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    zorglub wrote: »
    Okay lets do analogies.

As said above, that's not how it works. We are volunteers, I guess we could be considered representatives, but not employees. We gain no benefit from this "relationship", we like many are just here trying to help the community and the game become more/better.

Maybe I dodnt express myself enough, but still the title carries somekind of responsability and that is not making snarky comments like "learn to read" to users of this forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are other posts on this topic and this has gotten a little off track.

Closing this.

Answer to the OP.
    A Legendary or Mythic event becomes a Legacy event after its first two runs. In those instances, we will be adding those Legendaries and Mythics to the event calendar when we post the calendar for the next month at the end of the current month.

There is no statements about announcing events that are "Legacy" they will be added to the calendar when its released.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest
This discussion has been closed.