What is the minimum requirements to beat these ewoks in the assault battle event?

Gorem
1190 posts Member
I have a G9 7* Vader/tfp/Tarkin, I saw the requirements say G8 ect. Yet even Vader dies in one or two hits in tier 1. Also saw a lot of people saying use Snowtrooper, and wow, he does make a massive difference, but problem is mines not going to be strong enough in time (pushed me to wave 5).

Besides those 4, what else should I be adding? I'm a relatively new player, only 2months, so don't have many options, would be good to know what 5th I'd need to push it and beat it, thanks!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mods make a big difference. you need to be fast enough to get an AOE off before they kill you. they are super strong but low health.

shore trooper is a good one too.

as a 2 month player i wouldn't stress this event too much, you dont want to redirect too much resources. stick to your plan and the event will come back again.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Thanks Kyno! good to know. Yeah, I can see a lot of people also talking about getting good mods with speed on, seems to be a stat that I need to focus on regardless of this event. I just love my Vader lead :p I can tell that I will have to wait for it to return.

So, is that all I will need, much better mods and shore trooper? sweet. Was preparing actually for R2d2/cls hence my other three being where they are, plus of course I have all of their ships. Was concerned about what next empire to focus on, snowtrooper seems awesome, esp for this event, and will have a look at shoretrooper now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gorem wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno! good to know. Yeah, I can see a lot of people also talking about getting good mods with speed on, seems to be a stat that I need to focus on regardless of this event. I just love my Vader lead :p I can tell that I will have to wait for it to return.

So, is that all I will need, much better mods and shore trooper? sweet. Was preparing actually for R2d2/cls hence my other three being where they are, plus of course I have all of their ships. Was concerned about what next empire to focus on, snowtrooper seems awesome, esp for this event, and will have a look at shoretrooper now.

it helps. the key is to make sure you have 2-3 AOE on the team. use them when you hit the elite groups. the rest are just slug fests. Tarkin is good with the TMR, palp is great with the stun. snow is a great AOE to add, and is a key toon in a Trooper team, which can also be effective in this event.
  • Two things will help you greatly next time the event rolls around:

1. EP lead.

2. Mods are critical. I managed to complete the bonus tier last time (not mythic) with a G8/9 empire team (EP/Vader/Tarkin/Thrawn/Tie pilot)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Thanks FallingCrab!

What's interesting actually is how long its been since we had EP come back, when he does I will definitely be unlocking him. Seems to be quite a staple on many empire teams due to his awesome abilities.

And you managed bonus tier without snowtroopers insane tm gains? Now I wish I had also grabbed Thrawn. A well, been told already that it would be unlikely that i'd do it so soon without spending a lot, just means for next time I'll be ready for it :)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Just an update for you guys, Thanks for the tips, with that I managed to beat tiers one and 2, and also the bonus tier this time around!

Feels good beating the bonus tier with lvl 80 characters only g9ish. Had to use Tarkin for the bonus tier as my Palp was only six star, but man does SnowTrooper basically solo the place