What's the minimum upgrades I should do for each heros journey event?

I have pretty much every character I just don't want to upgrade them past what I need to.

Replies

• Minimums are always bad advice.

Always be ready to upgrade characters well past the nominal "minimum." Having the minimum means you need the blessings of the Random Number God, which can take many frustrating hours, or even cost you the event.

With sufficiently good mods, G8 is adequate, with some omegas. Most notably, Farmboy Luke's special for its cleanse.

You can use that as a baseline, but I strongly suggest saving up to push beyond, if and when it proves necessary.

I also strongly suggest choosing one or two characters to push much further. Whichever ones you're most likely to use later. R2 and BB8, most likely, as R2 compliments most light side teams well, and BB8 is Rey's best friend.

Zetas are not necessary, but can help tremendously. ST Han's zeta can make the last battle for CLS almost trivial, as it lets Han tank for days instead of suffering death by a thousand cuts, though R2's number crunch is the most likely to have long-term value. Finn's lead is the most potent for the Rey quest, but BB8's Roll with the Punches has more lasting value. Zetas are, ironically, the best way to spend fewer resources in other regards.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Minimums are always bad advice.

Always be ready to upgrade characters well past the nominal "minimum." Having the minimum means you need the blessings of the Random Number God, which can take many frustrating hours, or even cost you the event.

With sufficiently good mods, G8 is adequate, with some omegas. Most notably, Farmboy Luke's special for its cleanse.

You can use that as a baseline, but I strongly suggest saving up to push beyond, if and when it proves necessary.

I also strongly suggest choosing one or two characters to push much further. Whichever ones you're most likely to use later. R2 and BB8, most likely, as R2 compliments most light side teams well, and BB8 is Rey's best friend.

Zetas are not necessary, but can help tremendously. ST Han's zeta can make the last battle for CLS almost trivial, as it lets Han tank for days instead of suffering death by a thousand cuts, though R2's number crunch is the most likely to have long-term value. Finn's lead is the most potent for the Rey quest, but BB8's Roll with the Punches has more lasting value. Zetas are, ironically, the best way to spend fewer resources in other regards.

Thank you
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Minimums are always bad advice.

Thank you
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    That's some great info YaeVizsla! I definitely agree that aiming for the minimums is a bad idea because of how it puts you so much at the mercy of the RNG gods and doesn't account for the quality of mods people have. Especially if people plan to farm up to the minimum then move on.

With that said, the minimums a good threshold to work towards. If you level up each toon individually like me, it's good to have a target to get all of them to before upgrading past that. I wouldn't want to get one character to gear 11 with every ability maxed with all the omegas and not have enough resources to get the rest past gear 7 and level 4 abilities. It's also nice to know know which characters are most important or where any further resources are best spent.

I especially like knowing which abilities are most critical to upgrade as I've been finding it hard to get everyone to 7's across the board in time for the events.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I recommend G9 at the least with most abilities maxed, and your best mods.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I recommend G9 at the least with most abilities maxed, and your best mods.

Abilities max do you mean omega'd as well or just lvl 7? Also what would be the two most valuable to get higher gears if I want to say farm luke and maybe old ben around g7/g8?

I've just got my first two g9 (one was st han) today and would rather focus getting my arena team geared up around g10.
  • I found that having number crunch and Leias special i think it is omegad to be most useful during the cls journey and had fbl n st han at g9 with old ben at 7 and I was able to walk through the event with no problems. Mods were avg except r2s since he was on my arena team.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Leia's zeta is on her unique. Though I'd say Han's is more useful for this mission.

The thing that'll get you is death by a thousand cuts in the last mission, and Han recovering 5% protection every time he takes damage makes the last fight almost trivial, and makes him a perfect tank for as long as you can keep the attention on him, which isn't hard between R2's smoke screen and his own taunt.
    Still not a he.