Who to farm for Phase 1 AAT teams? Need help

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Characters with counterattacks can be useful.

Like CLS???

:p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Savage Oppress can solo p1 if you have patience and a looooot of time on your hands (alternatively, if everyone has him you can do it pretty quickly). That requires a Zeta, though, like Kylo Ren, but at least he's a faster farm.

To be honest, if your guild doesn't have zetas for p1 teams then you're probably not ready. I understand not having access to Luke or Han yet, but all the solo teams hinge on at least one zeta. (Well, Chripatine doesn't need one, but a basic zetaless Chirpatine won't solo it--just get very good damage)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I've got both zeta Kylo and zeta Savage and prefer Kylo Ren, personally. Savage Oppress gives you more chances to Escape, but will do less damage per successful attack. Kylo Ren will give you more damage per attack, but only one attempt to escape. In the long run it's all about the same.

But, that said, your best bet is to work on Dathcha/Luke/Raid Han. Once you get that chugging along you can do a million even with bad luck.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My guild is currently doing the normal AAT raid, and we're in a similar situation as the OP. When I saw this thread, I hoped there'd be less "just use these incredibly advanced characters" responses than there were.

So for guilds like us who aren't doing heroic pit (ie. no Han), and don't have any CLS or JTRs (though a couple of us will probably get CLS the next time he comes around), what kind of teams work best in the first tier?

We seem to be able to clear phases 2-4 pretty well, but getting through phase 1 takes forever. What's the general idea here and what early game accessible characters work best? While we don't have any of the hero's journey or raid characters, pretty much all of us have the legendaries.

I'm not expecting to solo it, but any tips to improve my damage would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'm looking more for help on the theory rather than if my toons are levelled up enough or have the right zetas.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    If you dont have zeta kylo or zavage or cls or raid han you are probably in the area of whacking away.

Phoenix and Jedi are tems that can pull their 2% in phase 1 but if you dont have the right answers in your guild its a matter of deploying 50+ tems and wearing away at it.

As to what tems work tems with counter attack, teams with healing and tems with tmr where the users can count to 7 are good.
  • Does zeta Kylo still work? My alt account is close to getting my first zeta and I was really considering making it Kylo for the AAT (and I use him in my arena team already).

But I heard somewhere that you can’t solo with zKylo anymore. But if he comes close, I might still do it. Afterall...that’s what alternate accounts are for, no?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Does zeta Kylo still work? My alt account is close to getting my first zeta and I was really considering making it Kylo for the AAT (and I use him in my arena team already).

But I heard somewhere that you can’t solo with zKylo anymore. But if he comes close, I might still do it. Afterall...that’s what alternate accounts are for, no?

Does your guild actually need you to yo pull off phase 1. Zeta kylo is slow and retreat focused.

Nothing sucks more than thinking i can aolo phase 1 and someone else comes along with cls raid han and datcha and does it one run when you are less than 10% through.

Also there is a very big rng component. If you want to solo phase 1 you might need about 40 runs. At the moment with the way the rereat mechanic works rouhgly every second run tends to be good(the others you forfeit) so it takes a lot of time.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Does zeta Kylo still work? My alt account is close to getting my first zeta and I was really considering making it Kylo for the AAT (and I use him in my arena team already).

Does your guild actually need you to yo pull off phase 1. Zeta kylo is slow and retreat focused.

Nothing sucks more than thinking i can aolo phase 1 and someone else comes along with cls raid han and datcha and does it one run when you are less than 10% through.

Also there is a very big rng component. If you want to solo phase 1 you might need about 40 runs. At the moment with the way the rereat mechanic works rouhgly every second run tends to be good(the others you forfeit) so it takes a lot of time.

Like I said earlier, I'm not necessarily looking to solo the HAAT, or even start the heroic level yet, I'm just looking for the best way to improve our ability to do phase 1 in the AAT without the use of the Hero's Journey or Raid characters (CLS/Han/GK/JTR) that nobody in my guild has access to. I am working towards CLS now, but I'm a ways off still and even farther from him being levelled up and actually useful.

So since we're not doing the heroic, they aren't counting on me to solo it since I'll always be able to try again the next day. What do you mean by being retreat focused? Clearly I'm out of the loop on a lot of these techniques, but what does retreating do? I know it allows you to use him in another attempt, but wouldn't you return with the same health and TM as when you escaped?
  • In regard to the jedi teams above, I noticed they all have Anakin who I don't have. I'm happy to farm him, but is there something specific about his kit that is used in P1 of the raid? Is it his damage? Buff Immunity?

I'm trying to think of who might be a decent alternative until I can get JKA farmed up. The jedi options aren't ideal for me either because it's a faction I've largely ignored to this point.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So since we're not doing the heroic, they aren't counting on me to solo it since I'll always be able to try again the next day. What do you mean by being retreat focused? Clearly I'm out of the loop on a lot of these techniques, but what does retreating do? I know it allows you to use him in another attempt, but wouldn't you return with the same health and TM as when you escaped?

Yes. The reason you do it is that it resets the enrage counter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The idea of a retreat focused team if that you go in hit the boss 8-10 times, hit retreat get out before enrage and go back in.

Zylo is a good choice because his zeta lets his special cause him to recover as much protection as he deals damage.

Everytime he suffers damage theres a 50% chance to recover hia cooldowns so if he is on his own he can go with his special every time and keep ahead of the damage he suffers.

If you manage to avoid enrage he is at gear x and modded for protection or at gear xi essentially immortal as long he is avoids the tank being enraged.
  • Of course. Thanks, I probably should’ve thought about the enrage counter resetting.