JTR or CLS

I've just finished my last farm (Phoenix for the Thrawn event), and I figure I'll be able to get one of the two Hero's Journey characters the next time they come around. I'll immediately start farming for the other, but in the event that I can only get one team farmed in time, who do you suggest I get?

JTR

or

CLS

I know CLS came first so Luke-->Rey is probably the order most people did them, but for us newbies or players who haven't got either, who do you think is the most useful and/or should be farmed first?

Cheers!

Replies

• Not that it matters for the sake of this thread, but this is my current progress:

JTR:
    Rey - 151/330
    Finn - 152/330
    VS Chewie - 25/330
    VS Han - 0/330
    BB8 - 330/330

CLS:
    Luke - 54/330
    Leia - 15/330
    ST Han - 330/330
    Old Ben - 166/330
    R2D2 - 330/330
  • Seems pretty straightforward then - Finish getting ready for CLS. You don't even have Vet Han unlocked and I hear the farms for the vets are horrible.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • True, I'm definitely closer to CLS, but I should be able to farm JTR's toons by the time she comes around again. 3 months should be enough time to get 4 characters done.

I just know that since I can't get both, which is the better one to have?

That is, unless you don't think it's possible to get what I need for JTR in time. In which case, it absolutely matters that I'm closer to one than the other.
  • CLS will be easier to farm because you're closer. As soon as you finish Old Ben you won't need any other cantina toon for CLS, so start farming the vets because that will start your JTR farming without interfering with your CLS farming. Same with Farmboy and Scav. Rey, farm both at the same time if you get enough currency to do so (it is very possible). And I don't remember where Finn was.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Guild store, a 10 energy cantina node, and a 20 energy light side node. Easy farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So Old Ben, Finn, Vets would be my order on cantina. OB is also an easy farm, I think he is on a low-energy node.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The lowest! (8 energy)
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    True, I'm definitely closer to CLS, but I should be able to farm JTR's toons by the time she comes around again. 3 months should be enough time to get 4 characters done.

That is, unless you don't think it's possible to get what I need for JTR in time. In which case, it absolutely matters that I'm closer to one than the other.

The problem with that thinking is that maybe JTR comes back sooner - then you're stuck not ready for either. As @dogwelder79 pointed out, it's actually possible to be working on both at once.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    True, I'm definitely closer to CLS, but I should be able to farm JTR's toons by the time she comes around again. 3 months should be enough time to get 4 characters done.

The problem with that thinking is that maybe JTR comes back sooner - then you're stuck not ready for either. As @dogwelder79 pointed out, it's actually possible to be working on both at once.

This. Don't try to predict when a Hero's Journey will return. Focus on a farming plan. You're closer to CLS. Finish off the requirements you need for him on Cantina Nodes and then shift energy spend to the Vets. Continue to farm Leia from Arena Store.

Rough calculations say it will take you 96 days to farm VS Han from Cantina nodes only. So no, 3 months is not enough time unless you plan on spending crystals.
  • Bahumat
    146 posts Member
    CLS will be easier to farm because you're closer. As soon as you finish Old Ben you won't need any other cantina toon for CLS
    What about farmboy in 1-B?

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    CLS will be easier to farm because you're closer. As soon as you finish Old Ben you won't need any other cantina toon for CLS

He's got 2 cantina nodes, a hard node, and shows up in at least 1 shipment store.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Guild and Guild Events (although don't waste your GEC on him).
  • Bahumat wrote: »

Guild store is better for him. There are too many toons in cantina.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Bahumat wrote: »

Guild store is better for him. There are too many toons in cantina.

1-B is better for him. You can do an 8-energy cantina farm so much faster, especially if you're doing refreshes.
  • Or do both, and get him over with that much faster!
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I do 3 cantina refreshes every day consistently, so the lower energy toons tend to go pretty quick.

Rebel_yell made a good point that JTR might come back sooner than I'm expecting, so in that case, I guess I should just stick to CLS.

I didn't really want to post my progress at first just because the point of the thread was supposed to be a "With all things being equal, who should I do first?" type of thing.

I know CLS is usually the one people do first, but is that because he's the better/more useful toon, or because he's the one that came out first and most people were able to get him first?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CLS works in more squads and situations. I use him in every game mode that he is allowed in.

With that said, JTR is a lot of fun to play, and vital for the Sith Raid.

FWIW I got them both last December.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I've been playing since last October, and I'm usually fine to let an event pass and get it the next time around, but now that I'm starting to get these legendary characters (though it does kinda burn me that I'm gonna miss out on 7* Thrawn by a couple of days), I'm really starting to notice exactly how much they change things for the better. I've now watched these two pass me by twice now and I'd like to get at least one of them the next time around.

So the plan now is to just go after CLS and see how close I can get to Rey after that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I know CLS is usually the one people do first, but is that because he's the better/more useful toon, or because he's the one that came out first and most people were able to get him first?
    Neither.

CLS is a much easier farm, and four of the five are very useful units.

For Rey, they're all substantially harder units to get overall, most notably the veteran smugglers, who are fairly useless, and they are the literal last two cantina nodes, so they take a ton of cantina energy and a serious team to even start farming.
    Still not a he.
  • Rey is better. More usable overall. However, you're much closer to CLS. I'm farming the vets right now and I hate it, god **** it. I get 6-10 shards a day and it takes forever. Just finish up for CLS (they're all quick farms aside from R2) and then farm the vets like there's no tomorrow.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    You should buy all the things from the Guild store. Old Ben, Luke, Finn and Rey. You can farm those last three in their normal nodes as well. Using cantina energy to farm any of these toons sounds like a waste to me, I would just start on veterans.
  • Random9 wrote: »
    Rey is better. More usable overall. However, you're much closer to CLS. I'm farming the vets right now and I hate it, god **** it. I get 6-10 shards a day and it takes forever. Just finish up for CLS (they're all quick farms aside from R2) and then farm the vets like there's no tomorrow.

My toons are pretty much ready for CLS and now I'm farming the vets and it's a chore, I wish they would do a double drop day in May to get these over the line as it's the worst grind.
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I wonder how many awesome mods one could farm with the loads of cantina-energy neccessary for 2 x 330 vet-shards...
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    I wonder how many awesome mods one could farm with the loads of cantina-energy neccessary for 2 x 330 vet-shards...
    According to the odds I’ve seen, you could probably get 4 or 5 mods with 15 speed secondary or higher with the same amount of cantina energy it takes to farm the Vets
  • Go for CLS, JTR is very good but she requires a good team and zetas to really be great. Also that veteran farm is no joke, ever since the FIRST JTR was announced, I have been solely farming VS with 3 refreshes a day, I finished them a week ago. Drop rates are horrendous, especially for such mediocre characters. CLS can be plugged into any team and it’s an easy farm.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Eman5983 wrote: »
    Go for CLS, JTR is very good but she requires a good team and zetas to really be great. Also that veteran farm is no joke, ever since the FIRST JTR was announced, I have been solely farming VS with 3 refreshes a day, I finished them a week ago. Drop rates are horrendous, especially for such mediocre characters. CLS can be plugged into any team and it’s an easy farm.

Thats kind of ironic i finished the vets yesterday 1 refresh a day and have been farming them since about two weeks after the JTR event ended with taking time off to farm KRU in between the vets
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

• Darthpedro wrote: »
    Go for CLS, JTR is very good but she requires a good team and zetas to really be great. Also that veteran farm is no joke, ever since the FIRST JTR was announced, I have been solely farming VS with 3 refreshes a day, I finished them a week ago. Drop rates are horrendous, especially for such mediocre characters. CLS can be plugged into any team and it’s an easy farm.

Thats kind of ironic i finished the vets yesterday 1 refresh a day and have been farming them since about two weeks after the JTR event ended with taking time off to farm KRU in between the vets

you might want to add after 1st appearance of RJT in december :)
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Dracarys78 wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »

you might want to add after 1st appearance of RJT in december :)

Nah he totally did it in a month
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

That seems a little high to me. I'd bet on 1.