strategy or illogical

Prev1
Sithius
13 posts Member

why is there less and less logic in the calendar of events.

Announce R2D2 before the Palpatine event, better and better.

put CLS before R2D2, and we will have the win trifecta.

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Supposedly r2 was released on may the 4th, so it’s a bonus event. I wouldn’t know if he was but supposedly he was release on that day so it’s a double Star Wars/anniversary day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wardai wrote: »
    Supposedly r2 was released on may the 4th, so it’s a bonus event. I wouldn’t know if he was but supposedly he was release on that day so it’s a double Star Wars/anniversary day.

Ssshhhh, dont give away the secrets...

It's all a conspiracy against the players, nothing to see here.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    HAHAHA Kyno there was already a heated discussion on this, don't mind me trying to keep the peace :smiley:

Plus once I found this out my stress of panic farming was laid to rest.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    the problem is that the whole strategy of my roster was set on Palpatine to win R2D2.

they just have to put the Palpatine event at the same time as R2D2 and everyone will be happy
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    A lot of people did based on the calendar, it's really just been over a month, I was one of them. Currently working on magma atm in maybe trying to get 7* r2 if not i'll be prepared if I don't 7* palp for the next time around.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    I understand the confusion of many people about it, but I invested a lot, everything was prepared even for the future.

I only miss Palpatine 7 * for R2D2 and CLS 7 *

I farm Veers 7 * / Tie 7 * / Vader 7 * / Tarkin 7 *
    then
    Han in stormtrooper 7 * / Luke Farmer 7 * / Old Ben 7 *

all that for ? wait another 6 to 8 months for me to finish everything
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sithius wrote: »
    I understand the confusion of many people about it, but I invested a lot, everything was prepared even for the future.

I only miss Palpatine 7 * for R2D2 and CLS 7 *

I farm Veers 7 * / Tie 7 * / Vader 7 * / Tarkin 7 *
    then
    Han in stormtrooper 7 * / Luke Farmer 7 * / Old Ben 7 *

all that for ? wait another 6 to 8 months for me to finish everything

It wont be 6-8 months, but you should always have a backup plan. I would think this is a special run of R2, so you can expect him again at some point in whatever rotation they decide on.

Also they have always run R2 before CLS, yes always(subject to change). Hero events are stated to run 3-4 months apart. I dont remember when the last CLS run was, but even if it was yesterday, you could expect to see R2 then CLS in 3-4 months....just guessing but it's based on actual history and slightly less speculation then the palp/R2 relationship
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    that's why I'm pretty dissatisfied with the system, without palpatine 7 * I can not have R2 and CLS coming, I should wait for the next in a few months.

all my hope was based on this character, I do not have anything to go back to another
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    that's why I'm pretty dissatisfied with the system, without palpatine 7 * I can not have R2 and CLS coming, I should wait for the next in a few months.

all my hope was based on this character, I do not have anything to go back to another

Yeah, that does suck, but that is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket.

We also dont know when CLS is coming, and as I said they have always had R2 and CLS launch in "quick succession" (subject to change) so this may have been a special run and we may see R2 again before the next CLS.

But now you have time to plan and make a backup plan.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    my plan was fully planned, that's why I had farm old Ben and farmer Luke and Han in Stormtrooper ^^
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    my plan was fully planned, that's why I had farm old Ben and farmer Luke and Han in Stormtrooper ^^

You cant "plan" on things that are not scheduled. Or I guess you could call it a flaw in the plan, either way, you have the time now to make a better plan, you may want to make sure all your ducks are in a row for the future.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    As Kyno said, previously, R2 has returned along with the CLS event. I think your goal this time should be to acquire R2 (so you can start gearing him) and then make sure your empire team is ready for when he comes back with CLS. Then when you get him to 7 stars next time, he's already geared and ready to go for the CLS event.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Cls was last week of March, it’s actually been just over a month for r2 to return, I was working on st,tfp, vader and got greedy and went teebo to start building a rancor raid team.. stupid me lol. And based on my math (50/85 on magma) I’ll just miss out by 1 day I think on r2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wardai wrote: »
    Cls was last week of March, it’s actually been just over a month for r2 to return, I was working on st,tfp, vader and got greedy and went teebo to start building a rancor raid team.. **** me lol. And based on my math (50/85 on magma) I’ll just miss out by 1 day I think on r2.

That's true, but it could be a May 4th miracle!!! :smiley:

The close ones always hurt, like losing TW by 100 points...
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    where I do not explain my story, I missed the last time 5 thumbnails to finalize my Wegde and I could not have Palpatine 7 *, then R2 and CLS, I waited for those famous 3 months for retry Palpatine 7 *, but this will not be possible for the rest of R2 is shifted and I could not have it to finish CLS
  • But it would be nice if they extended R2's event for one day so people who waited for EP can have a shot at taking R2
  • I was worried they were bringing CLS back again this month, which would have been a big problem for me. As long as there's another R2 event before the next CLS, then I don't really care anymore. :p
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    If there is a second, no worries. If on the contrary there is no other, we can forget CLS
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    So much consternation over a BONUS event. Sad really.
  • kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    So much consternation over a BONUS event. Sad really.

where has it been said officially that it is a bonus event (from what people have said i'm tending to agree but still)
    @GhostTruckin
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    You are correct, at this point, it has not been called bonus by the developers,

However, that being said, look at what’s all going on here, may fourth, each of the cap ship seven star events are rolling out everyday, which doesn’t happen, r2 event returning a month after the last official run, and it is the one year anniversary of r2 launching in game,

Those events alone make for a pretty compelling arguement that this is all 5/4/18 related, and not related towards any of the shadier theories floating around, as well. , not to mention that r2 is on the calendar , because it’s also a legacy event, . . And CLS, is NOT on the calendar, which is also a legacy event now, folks presuming a CLS event is happening right away are overlooking that detail.

Now, could CLS land in June , Mebbe, but as also mentioned, the devs have stated prior that legendary event chars needed for hero’s journey chars will run right before the hero’s journey, So , even if another legacy ClS runs in June, it will be prefaced by r2

• kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    You are correct, at this point, it has not been called bonus by the developers,

However, that being said, look at what’s all going on here, may fourth, each of the cap ship seven star events are rolling out everyday, which doesn’t happen, r2 event returning a month after the last official run, and it is the one year anniversary of r2 launching in game,

Those events alone make for a pretty compelling arguement that this is all 5/4/18 related, and not related towards any of the shadier theories floating around, as well. , not to mention that r2 is on the calendar , because it’s also a legacy event, . . And CLS, is NOT on the calendar, which is also a legacy event now, folks presuming a CLS event is happening right away are overlooking that detail.

Now, could CLS land in June , Mebbe, but as also mentioned, the devs have stated prior that legendary event chars needed for hero’s journey chars will run right before the hero’s journey, So , even if another legacy ClS runs in June, it will be prefaced by r2

they have also said that Hero's journeys won't ever be on the calendar but like I said with some added information I generally agree just have the nagging feeling at the back of my mind that they are gonna surprise us with CLS on Friday
  • They said legacy hero’s journey will be on the calendar
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    They said legacy hero’s journey will be on the calendar

Sorry dude, this is what they said:

"Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums".

But point stands, by that cadence no CLS or JTR on the 4th.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "Not necessarily."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @ChristophIV thanks, was mis remembering that part a little
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Now you've got me doing math about whether I can get leia in time... I play games so I don't have to do math :wink:
  • Lol one plus two equals. . . .four, . . No. Six. . .dang it. Five. .. . ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lol one plus two equals. . . .four, . . No. Six. . .dang it. Five. .. . ;)

dont forget to carry the 9