Sim

I can auto all the way through Galactic War with one team...is it really necessary to do that 60 more times before I can sim?

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Yes lol
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Yes, be glad that you only need to clear 60 more nerfed GW instead of 60 more pre-nerf GW.
  • madhader
    71 posts Member
    Zachbacon wrote: »
    I can auto all the way through Galactic War with one team...is it really necessary to do that 60 more times before I can sim?

No it’s not. It a ridiculously high requirement that makes no sense other than to irritate people.
  • madhader
    71 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Yes lol

No lol
  • madhader wrote: »
    Yes lol

No lol
    Yes
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    madhader wrote: »

No it’s not. It a ridiculously high requirement that makes no sense other than to irritate people.

@madhader

Actually since it's an achievement in game it does make sense because there are additional rewards for doing it.

It would be like me saying yeah my guild has the HAAT raid on farm we have not been able to fail it since we completed it the first time I shouldn't have to wait 30 raids to 7 star GK I should just get it now
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

@madhader

Actually since it's an achievement in game it does make sense because there are additional rewards for doing it.

It would be like me saying yeah my guild has the HAAT raid on farm we have not been able to fail it since we completed it the first time I shouldn't have to wait 55 raids to 7 star GK I should just get it now

Except GW is a time-sink (which they are trying to fix & is SIM-able) and you can't ride some1 else's coat tails to the end of GW. On the other hand, you sure can w/ GK.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »

@madhader

It would be like me saying yeah my guild has the HAAT raid on farm we have not been able to fail it since we completed it the first time I shouldn't have to wait 55 raids to 7 star GK I should just get it now

Except GW is a time-sink (which they are trying to fix & is SIM-able) and you can't ride some1 else's coat tails to the end of GW. On the other hand, you sure can w/ GK.

No, but you can build one or two squads that will virtually ensure success for completing Gw based on advice from others, so ride their experience versus coattails
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Everything in this game is a time sink and I dont ride anyone's coattails I am the reason my guild started completing the HAAT but that's besides the point. The devs picked that number of completions because of the achievement and I doubt very much they devalue one of their achievements to being able to be won by simming
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »

@madhader

No, but you can build one or two squads that will virtually ensure success for completing Gw based on advice from others, so ride their experience versus coattails

You can build a single squad that end GW w/o losing any protection/health. My second account used Palp, Vader, cls, r2 & thrawn from lvl 82 on. That doesn't change the fact that it is a complete waste of large ammounts of time. Which is a pretty big topic these days (QoL) & the reason we can now SIM it.
  • Are you already at level 85. If not I hear it gets harder as you approach 85 so you may not be out of the woods. And yes it's a grind to finish before you can sim but i don't really know how else they could have done it. Since it increases difficulty as you level, you need to set it high enough that it is unlikely to be completed before level 85. Otherwise you don't truly beat it. But i feel your pain. I still had about 30 left when they put the sim in and was beating it on auto with one team for a month or so before that.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Everything in this game is a time sink and I dont ride anyone's coattails I am the reason my guild started completing the HAAT but that's besides the point. The devs picked that number of completions because of the achievement and I doubt very much they devalue one of their achievements to being able to be won by simming

1. You were the reason 49 other people were getting GK shards (this was my point, not that you were riding coattails)
    2. The achievement (like every other achievement) has a reward already that has nothing to do with SIMs.

The primary concern here should be wether or not the amount of time spent on GW is intended still. At lvl 85, you have likely beat GW somewhere around 100 times. This should be enough... not the magic number 100, but the fact that you suffered through doing it manually til you hit 85.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member

1. You were the reason 49 other people were getting GK shards (this was my point, not that you were riding coattails)
    2. The achievement (like every other achievement) has a reward already that has nothing to do with SIMs.

The primary concern here should be wether or not the amount of time spent on GW is intended still. At lvl 85, you have likely beat GW somewhere around 100 times. This should be enough... not the magic number 100, but the fact that you suffered through doing it manually til you hit 85.

LOL, right but suffered, seriously. . . That’s a joke. And as for amount of time. If you are struggling to get the 150 win achievement, then you need to up your game. That’s an achievement in game that was put in at launch, before simming was even thought of never mind became a thIng. Frankly, I would stop crying about having to beat Gw 150 times to get the game achievement , which has the added side BONUS of allowing simming now, and instead be happy that with a clear goal in sight, you can sim once you hit that milestone. There are many many MANY players that have played Gw for over 800 times , all before that 150 final achievement was worth more then just some Vader shards and crystals

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

LOL, right but suffered, seriously. . . That’s a joke. And as for amount of time. If you are struggling to get the 150 win achievement, then you need to up your game. That’s an achievement in game that was put in at launch, before simming was even thought of never mind became a thIng. Frankly, I would stop crying about having to beat Gw 150 times to get the game achievement , which has the added side BONUS of allowing simming now, and instead be happy that with a clear goal in sight, you can sim once you hit that milestone. There are many many MANY players that have played Gw for over 800 times , all before that 150 final achievement was worth more then just some Vader shards and crystals

I said no such thing. Both my accounts are 85 and can SIM GW. Suffering != difficult. Suffering == wasted time on something that should just be SIM-able once you hit 85.

150 is an achievement... with a reward like every other achievement in the game. How people decided that SIM-ing GW was somehow tied to that achievement is mind-blowing, honestly.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member

I said no such thing. Both my accounts are 85 and can SIM GW. Suffering != difficult. Suffering == wasted time on something that should just be SIM-able once you hit 85.

150 is an achievement... with a reward like every other achievement in the game. How people decided that SIM-ing GW was somehow tied to that achievement is mind-blowing, honestly.

What do you call it then when the ability to sim unlocks with achieving 150 wins? A coincidence?
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member

What do you call it then when the ability to sim unlocks with achieving 150 wins? A coincidence?

I would call it what it is... the # they decided on.
    But... it's still your prerogative to make that connection if it help you in some way.

I think the misunderstanding here is, you are assuming that any1 who is in favor of this hasn't been playing as long as you, isn't as far along as you, wasn't here for the iterations of GW, haven't played through galactic war some 800x manually, didn't have to eventually farm zFinn resistance to make it easier, etc, etc...

You'd be mistaken.

I'm still in favor of removing this.

This isn't a "when I was your age, I had to walk 1700 miles to school with no feet" situation. It's still a QoL issue that affects a lot of people. Not being one of those people doesn't make it irrelevant.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member

I would call it what it is... the # they decided on.
    But... it's still your prerogative to make that connection if it help you in some way.

I think the misunderstanding here is, you are assuming that any1 who is in favor of this hasn't been playing as long as you, isn't as far along as you, wasn't here for the iterations of GW, haven't played through galactic war some 800x manually, didn't have to eventually farm zFinn resistance to make it easier, etc, etc...

You'd be mistaken.

I'm still in favor of removing this.

This isn't a "when I was your age, I had to walk 1700 miles to school with no feet" situation. It's still a QoL issue that affects a lot of people. Not being one of those people doesn't make it irrelevant.

Lol your making assumptions that are simply cute for being so off.

Most times it ends up that folks that are demanding to sim ahead of the 150 generally have not worked on their roster and want a shortcut towards getting Gw handled, if you look at the stated intent of Gw , by the devs . . Regarding developing players, . .. you would Mebbe think differently,

Mebbe not make asinine assumptions, for starters, and for second, the design of Gw is supposed to be a trial and a challenge, from the devs themselves, every time this gets cried about enough,

Sims were introduced simply because after the cap on squads you face, it made Gw very easy for well developed players, . . . The sims were not put in for new players, they are an achievment , tied to the 150, not something I’m telling myself , not something I’m helping myself with, I’m mean, beyond basic reading comprehension of what the devs have stated regarding Gw over the last couple years anyway,

Feel free to try paint the tying of simmable GW with the final achievement for completing Gw tables 8nto anyway it makes you feel better, but the simple facts are, the devs picked that last achievement as the final milestone in a players Gw success. .
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    What player level are you?
    Also, does anyone know how long it roughly takes to reach lvl 85? I've hit multiple caps along the way aswell as GW reworks, so i have no clue how it is nowadays. I do know that i never had an issue clearing GW while the forum was filled with complaints about the difficulty, but that seems to be on par for the course.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    What player level are you?
    Also, does anyone know how long it roughly takes to reach lvl 85? I've hit multiple caps along the way aswell as GW reworks, so i have no clue how it is nowadays. I do know that i never had an issue clearing GW while the forum was filled with complaints about the difficulty, but that seems to be on par for the course.

I didn't have a lot of trouble, but that's mostly because I read and learned. Figured out by reading the forums what worked and what didn't, including building multiple teams, preloading TM, and not maxing out my top team to avoid the GW power creep.

Put in the effort, reap the rewards. I beat GW 9 out of 10 days back then. 6 months before allowing sim of GW seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH