strategy or illogical

2Next

Replies

• Shrug. You just need to be Ready™. Don't count on a rotation. Don't count on this comes before that. Be Ready™. Start now. Keep at it. Don't look at the shiny new things until you're Ready™.

Then, get Ready™ for the next event.
    It will be Soon™.
    Promise™.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Yeesh. So much rage over nothing.
    Still not a he.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yeesh. So much rage over nothing.

Depends on where you are atm. The people panicking are all the new players who seem to be relying on palp to just get them over. Also most have only seen one cls event maybe 2 depending if they started in december so they won't know much about how the whole event works. I was worried because I doubted r2 was coming back in time for cls or this meant the return of cls as the calendar hadn't been released no one knew.
  • Even if CLS does follow R2, I doubt the people who are worrying about not having Palp for R2 are somehow only missing 7* R2 for CLS. Chances are they're not ready for CLS at this time anyways.

If you don't get R2/CLS/whatever this time, just plan ahead for next time. That's always solid advice.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Wardai wrote: »
    Now you've got me doing math about whether I can get leia in time... I play games so I don't have to do math :wink:

But see? This is exactly why, as soon as I miss an event the first time (assuming it's a character I want), I ignore any new shiny content or characters, put my head down and farm the needed characters to 7*. That way, the next time the event drops, no math and no waiting. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    So to put things in their place, I'm ready since my first level, because I have evolved all my game depending on the events, to be operational and acquire all the characters that would allow me to get Palpatine, R2 and CLS.
    I just did my level 85 two days ago and here is my inventory.

180502052340783530.png

Normally Palpatine was to be expected this beginning of me and R2 well after
  • Do you have any other Empire toons close to 7*, even if they're bad? I did this event with Tarkin Vader Royal Guard Stormtrooper and TFP. It becomes a grind for good RNG, but you don't need EP or Thrawn to complete it.

I understand your frustration - I was very upset when CLS ran "early" in March right after RJT, with no warning at all - but R2 should run with CLS next time the event comes. You already have R2 geared, so you won't miss CLS next time.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Do you have any other Empire toons close to 7*, even if they're bad? I did this event with Tarkin Vader Royal Guard Stormtrooper and TFP. It becomes a grind for good RNG, but you don't need EP or Thrawn to complete it.

I understand your frustration - I was very upset when CLS ran "early" in March right after RJT, with no warning at all - but R2 should run with CLS next time the event comes. You already have R2 geared, so you won't miss CLS next time.

Had magma trooper at 5* but even with perfect gw I fall one day short. Teach me to start farming a raid team with teebo/qgj, instead of locking down magma. Still going to complete magma now, but just going to halt on my empire team over getting phoenix up for Palp.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    and no, I had focused all my hopes on the duo Palpatine / Vader. In view of my inventory, I could not have any other rescue empire character. Especially since I made sure to have the other characters for the following events R2 and CLS. it is a long and gigantic work.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Now we get to see if we are prepared for palp right Sithius?
  • I understand why you're upset sithius however you didn't create a back up plan, I can see that you have almost a 7* baze and have a 7* churit, of you used that to instead farm empire you could have been fine without palp. As a FTP you need to focus your efforts otherwise you'll miss events like this.
  • Sithius wrote: »

"Normally" ? There's no such thing here...

• Sithius
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I found the dates of the events

Emperor's Demise:

Event History
    Date
    2018-02-08 84 Days
    2017-11-09 91 Days
    2017-09-14 56 Days
    2017-07-03 73 Days
    2017-05-11 53 Days
    2017-03-09 63 Days

Daring Droid:

Event History
    Date
    2018-03-22 42 Days
    2017-12-21 91 Days
    2017-10-26 56 Days
    2017-08-03 84 Days
    2017-05-04 91 Days
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They short cycled R2 because May 4th is the anniversary of R2's release.

And the schedule is always discretionary. There is no normal.
    Still not a he.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    he may have been shortened for his birthday, and I am delighted, but why they did not place the Palpatine event at the end of April as normally according to the dates it should have been. it's still more than 84 days since it did not reappear
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Because they wanted two legendaries in April and two legendaries in May, probably.
    Still not a he.
    he may have been shortened for his birthday, and I am delighted, but why they did not place the Palpatine event at the end of April as normally according to the dates it should have been. it's still more than 84 days since it did not reappear

OK, but "according to the dates" R2 shouldn't be here at all. So just pretend this R2 doesn't exist, get Palp in a week, and then be ready for R2 next time. Palpatine isn't required for R2 - just 5 empire toons. Relying on a legendary unit who only comes around every 3 months as one of the 5 is setting yourself up for this exact scenario. I, too, wanted to use Palp. But he was tuck at 5*, so I got Stormtrooper up instead. Now I have 7* R2D2, and can 7* Palp when he comes.

"Normally" ? There's no such thing here...
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They short cycled R2 because May 4th is the anniversary of R2's release.

And the schedule is always discretionary. There is no normal.

Let's not get stuck on semantics here, English is hard even for those who know no other language.

I would be disappointed too if I were in Sithius' shoes. But there is nothing that can be done about it now ... unless of course there is some way to panic-farm your way into completing your fifth Empire squad member. I know, you could buy a bunch of Chromium! Might get an Empire hero that way.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Kyno's right, you can't plan around a schedule that doesn't exist. It sucks that palp didn't return first, but you should always have a backup plan.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    and yes but rather than a backup plan, I preferred to farm the characters to unlock CLS.
    I have just been level 85, and I am disappointed to have to wait when I see all that I have accomplished after several sacrifices
    and yes but rather than a backup plan, I preferred to farm the characters to unlock CLS.
    I have just been level 85, and I am disappointed to have to wait when I see all that I have accomplished after several sacrifices

But nothing has really changed .

There is no CLS after this R2, and there will be another R2 before the next CLS. And Palp will be in between the R2 events. So your farming hasn't gone to waste, and you're not going to get CLS any later than the next time the event runs anyways.

At most, you're missing out on having 7* R2 for a few months, but I'm not sure how that screws up anyone's plans.
  • Sithius
    13 posts Member
    well if another R2 is planned before the next CLS, everything is fine, it suits me

But you farmed two characters not needed for CLS, I got Palo with the CLS rebels plus Biggs and wedge. You chose the two hardest rebels to farm which means you didn't have time for other things.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Sithius wrote: »

But you farmed two characters not needed for CLS, I got Palo with the CLS rebels plus Biggs and wedge. You chose the two hardest rebels to farm which means you didn't have time for other things.

Baze is hard node that would interfere with empire farm for r2, not exactly cls but might matter here, Wedge would interfere unless he bought it all through fleet and Biggs is gw which like his counterpart would interfere with farming magma, not really a cls toon required but could fix his current problem.

• Sithius
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I totally agree with you, but the game is not based solely on these three events, I also need to advance in bright fights, dark fights, squad battles and I also need pilots for the fleet ;)

On the screenshot, I only show the characters able to do these three events, I have many others, like Ackbar (fleet), a team draft Phoenix (5 characters), same for the first order (2 characters 7 * Kylo / TIE) turn meter (Teebo, Jyn, Bistan, GQJ, Han Solo) to make the raid heroic.