Nihilus, Chirrut, ATF, Krennic, Gar and Holdo

Replies

• Nomad1941
    55 posts Member
    Don't forget they are expecting a lot of new players with Solo coming out so right now the focus is on new players. Quests and daily logins focus on very new players. This BH thing is for players as they are trying to get pieces. Even ships rework I believe is geared so it is easier for new players to get in and use it.

As someone said earlier "It's a common mistake that people make thinking everyone who plays is in the same position as they are." The devs have to create content for everyone. They have ignored new players for a long time. Sith Raid, Territory Wars and Territory Battles are not even remotely close for beginners.

Content is not for every player in their life cycle. So they are doing there job by trying to create a an engaging life cycle so they have to address all areas. On top of that they also need to focus on different play styles. The collectors, the competitors and so on. If you don't like something because you can't use it, step back and look if it would benefit a player in a different stage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would expect the drop rates to be any different.

The one thing I'm most interested in seeing is which nodes will be getting which characters added to them.

It sounds like any node will just have a chance to drop the related toons depending which side you are on. Not that a toon will be added to a specific node.
  • This event is clearly targeting newer players. Any of thier “giveaway” is rng implemented well the game itself is 99.9% is rng in every catagories so im not suprised
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

First off, I am a launch player and don't have Krennic, ATF, Gar or Holdo at 7* yet. Secondly, even at 5* Holdo is the shizzle in res teams (especially when you split into 2 res teams for TW) - so you are mistaken there. Gar's ship is very useful and his leadership ability is great (he's also fun to run with a Phoenix team - as he pretty much attacks constantly) in certain aspects of the game.

So yes, I need 4 of the 6 and all are useful. They might not be meta/arena toons (at least not the 4 I need) - but I like the choices, as almost all will be a pleasant bonus.

I started at Launch too, I've barely spent anything other then a few Hamiltons along the way - do you have Hoda unlocked, maybe 7* yet? My hoda is behind in shards but it's because i siphoned that currency to 7* krennic ...

ATF was also just a choice between more zeta and her shards - 7* her too. (And I just assume anyone at our point has DN and Chirrut)

I do still need Holdo and Saxon (not that I care that much for Saxon, I won't say no to free shards)

Point is I think I'd rather have double drops to farm what I need - rather then this feeling that I gave up a zeta mat or two for ATF and I guess I'm the schmuck for doing so (and I just did it for TB - she still has blue gear....)

My choices, I know, But...
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I just need to give up on the stuff that should be stickied in bold and neon. Let people complain while I just have fun playing the game.

Ah man you’re in jail.

Lmao
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    I’m thinking that maybe Holdo will get a capital ship(all a guess though), and maybe Gar is hinting towards his ship getting reworked? Again, just guessing.
    (PS idk why I’m so intent on ships

Holdo is never getting a capital ship. She also didn't have her own in the movie
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    I’m thinking that maybe Holdo will get a capital ship(all a guess though), and maybe Gar is hinting towards his ship getting reworked? Again, just guessing.

Holdo is never getting a capital ship. She also didn't have her own in the movie

Agreed, this honor should go to Leia. If we ever get new trilogy Leia, that is...
  • Nauros wrote: »

Agreed, this honor should go to Leia. If we ever get new trilogy Leia, that is...

I like it. General Organa.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    tenor.gif

THE GOAT !!!!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Probably for the new players who don't have the characters. In the survey I said that they should do more for the newer players, so maybe this is there way of doing that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I've been playing for a little over a year, I'm doing pretty well, and I have precisely zero of these characters at seven stars.

Nihilus has been more raid material than meta until the recent update. Even now, he's a late game long farm that a lot of people have only started fairly recently and have a long way to go on.

Chirrut is great, and you can start slowly working on him from the fleet store fairly early, but he's nowhere near as good without the late game long farm that is Baze, and he doesn't make direct progress toward other important projects, most notably CLS and Thrawn. A lot of people have put him off, especially if they want to use the fleet store to actually improve their fleet.

Fulcrum is good, and about as accessible as Chirrut, but that's also competing with all the other valuable ships and pilots in the fleet store, most notably Darth Vader, and Fulcrum is in direct competition as a dedicated single target attacker with Princess Leia, who is much easier to get, and gets you CLS. I have literally zero Fulcrum shards because, even though she's a good character, I haven't gone out of my way to get her.

Krennic. He's good, and useful, but not currently meta, and he's a single hard node long farm. Not a lot of people go out of their way to get him. He's a character I really want, and want to train up for my troopers team, but I can't spare the resources because I'm working on JTR requirements and a Resistance team that has only one point of overlap with the JTR requirements.

Gar Saxon. Little compelling reason to get him to 7*, especially since the conga line of cantina farms is endless. However, he's got a great ship.

Holdo. Very good unit, wanna work on her for my Resistance team after I get Jedi Training Rey, but I need my standard energy to work on Rey and Finn, so she's on hold for now. Very glad for any Holdo shards I get.

I'm personally glad for four out of the six (Nihilus, Chirrut, Krennic, Holdo), and ambivalent for two.(Fulcrum, Gar).
    Still not a he.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I like it. General Organa.

I would pay to see a full team of 5 Hans vs a full team of 5 Leias
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I've been playing for a little over a year, I'm doing pretty well, and I have precisely zero of these characters at seven stars.

Nihilus has been more raid material than meta until the recent update. Even now, he's a late game long farm that a lot of people have only started fairly recently and have a long way to go on.

Chirrut is great, and you can start slowly working on him from the fleet store fairly early, but he's nowhere near as good without the late game long farm that is Baze, and he doesn't make direct progress toward other important projects, most notably CLS and Thrawn. A lot of people have put him off, especially if they want to use the fleet store to actually improve their fleet.

Fulcrum is good, and about as accessible as Chirrut, but that's also competing with all the other valuable ships and pilots in the fleet store, most notably Darth Vader, and Fulcrum is in direct competition as a dedicated single target attacker with Princess Leia, who is much easier to get, and gets you CLS. I have literally zero Fulcrum shards because, even though she's a good character, I haven't gone out of my way to get her.

Krennic. He's good, and useful, but not currently meta, and he's a single hard node long farm. Not a lot of people go out of their way to get him. He's a character I really want, and want to train up for my troopers team, but I can't spare the resources because I'm working on JTR requirements and a Resistance team that has only one point of overlap with the JTR requirements.

Gar Saxon. Little compelling reason to get him to 7*, especially since the conga line of cantina farms is endless. However, he's got a great ship.

Holdo. Very good unit, wanna work on her for my Resistance team after I get Jedi Training Rey, but I need my standard energy to work on Rey and Finn, so she's on hold for now. Very glad for any Holdo shards I get.

I'm personally glad for four out of the six (Nihilus, Chirrut, Krennic, Holdo), and ambivalent for two.(Fulcrum, Gar).

Seen a few videos with gar and some troopers rocking sion.... he may just have a point... though veers, stark and some troopers is better
  • Nomad1941 wrote: »
    Don't forget they are expecting a lot of new players with Solo coming out so right now the focus is on new players. Quests and daily logins focus on very new players. This BH thing is for players as they are trying to get pieces. Even ships rework I believe is geared so it is easier for new players to get in and use it.

As someone said earlier "It's a common mistake that people make thinking everyone who plays is in the same position as they are." The devs have to create content for everyone. They have ignored new players for a long time. Sith Raid, Territory Wars and Territory Battles are not even remotely close for beginners.

Content is not for every player in their life cycle. So they are doing there job by trying to create a an engaging life cycle so they have to address all areas. On top of that they also need to focus on different play styles. The collectors, the competitors and so on. If you don't like something because you can't use it, step back and look if it would benefit a player in a different stage.

Yes, I agree with you.
    They're focusing on Solo movie (Han Solo shards in daily login) and for new players DN, AH, CI, DK, ATF will be helpful. Gar Saxon is just a not needed char for empire faction.
    @all. If you don't agree with these bonuses you have to see the chance to exchange them in shards store to get other shards or items.

I have to say that I haven't get AH and Gar yet. AH because she wasn't released above 20 weeks and Gar is uninteresting imo.
    Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

First off, I am a launch player and don't have Krennic, ATF, Gar or Holdo at 7* yet. Secondly, even at 5* Holdo is the shizzle in res teams (especially when you split into 2 res teams for TW) - so you are mistaken there. Gar's ship is very useful and his leadership ability is great (he's also fun to run with a Phoenix team - as he pretty much attacks constantly) in certain aspects of the game.

So yes, I need 4 of the 6 and all are useful. They might not be meta/arena toons (at least not the 4 I need) - but I like the choices, as almost all will be a pleasant bonus.

Great points.
    Side question, when you split your resistance up for TW, who gets stick Rey, and who gets Rose?
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Great points.
    Side question, when you split your resistance up for TW, who gets stick Rey, and who gets Rose?

Rose? who dat?
    Save water, drink champagne!

Great points.

For me Finn gets rose and holdo.
    Rey goes with JTR
  • leef wrote: »

Great points.

Rose? who dat?

A nice old lady from St. Olaf
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'll complain about this--they should have just done double drops like they've done before.

I have zero excitement about this "celebration", whereas I'd be pretty stoked about double drops
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Great points.

Rey goes with JTR

Both of them? You don't put RT RP and Poe with Finn? I would think you'd want all the expose characters with Finn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Great points.

Rey goes with JTR

Both of them? You don't put RT RP and Poe with Finn? I would think you'd want all the expose characters with Finn.

Zinn, Poe , rt Rose, holdo- on offense
    Jtr, bb8 , r2, rp, rey - on d
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Huh.

Zinn, Poe, RT, RP on offense.

JTR BB8 Rey R2 Holdo on offense.

Rose sub-6k power...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Huh.

Zinn, Poe, RT, RP on offense.

JTR BB8 Rey R2 Holdo on offense.

Rose sub-6k power...

Maybe I’ll switch. Get rose up a little. Her extra stun helps.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Betty White for next Jedi.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Oh, you know this?
    13600317_1613889835307130_2845812270626374109_n.png
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kodimus
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2018

The biggest mistake you can make when giving feedback is to assume that your experience reflects that of the majority.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Oh, you know this?
    Pst. Click the post you just quoted.
    Still not a he.
  • If holdo gets a capital ship, she should have a 6 turn cooldown ultimate that suicide jumps into the enemy team xD.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    If holdo gets a capital ship, she should have a 6 turn cooldown ultimate that suicide jumps into the enemy team xD.

Her first attack should be not telling which random attack she will use. Oh and call her attacks plans
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If holdo gets a capital ship, she should have a 6 turn cooldown ultimate that suicide jumps into the enemy team xD.

I love how just anybody can walk right onto the bridge, the CAG can yell at the Admrial on her bridge and not get punched out, and the general lack of discipline within the Republic Fleet. Then Akbar dies and throws the keys to the cruiser to Holdo on the way out, which of course she crashes!

Please, don’t let this game mimic any more of that movie. We have Shrek and Purple Hair, that’s enough. Next movie source for future characters, please, or delve back into KotOR and TOR for inspiration. I am happy with the characters selected for bonus shard drops. It all equates to shard shop tokens or getting closer to 7* some characters.