Non-usuall 7* Palp question

MetlaZhizni
46 posts Member
edited May 2018
Hey, everyone! So the question is simple - how hard is Palp, and what gear level should I aim to.
But there is something unusually here:
My team)
https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/collection/?f=rebel

I have 14 days left to try to get 7* Palp, and only way I can even try is with really mixed team: Biggs, STHan, Hera, Zebb, and Rebel Scout.
The thing is that last 3 are on 2-3 stars right now, but i’m lucky to get enought crystals for both 3x refreshers, so, with s bit of luck according to my calculations a could get them to 7* until may 16th.
But also I need to plan gear farming very carefully, so - on whom would you suggest to focus in that strange Rebel mix?)
Also I could provide these team with my arena mods, that’s around +60 speed for each (30 arrow and 30 secondaries).

Thanks!)
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    In my opinion, 7* is out of the question for you. You need too much gear and too many stars to pull it off without spending a considerable amount of money. I’d aim to get him 5* instead. That’s going to be challenging enough for you.

For your team, I’d go with Hera (lead), Kanan, Zeb, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han. Get all those characters to at least 5* gear 7 and you’ve got a chance.
  • Agree^ you need way too much to be able to 7* him, if I were you I would focus solely on phoenix(And CLS requirements on the side) and star and gear them in preparation for next thrawn and Palpatine event
  • Lol, if u now get him at 5* it will be lucky with ur actual rebels. Don't even think about 7* rush, unless u sleep on chest of $$$. Get first Hera, Zeb and whoever u want to 5*. Then eventually think about going further, but i don't think u will be able to do more than 5*. At least this time.
  • Of course I would be happy even on 5*, but why not to try to climb higher?)
    My brief calculations:
    15 days to get that Palp.
    STHan: 100 shards to 7*, I make around 800 arena currency a day, so it’s 10 shards a day - OK.

Zebb: 330 shards to 7*. 1400 Galactic war currency a day, 17,5 shards a day, 17,5*15=262,5 shards. Need another 70. That’s 14 buys in Guild store. I have 4000 currency on hands, and on 12th of may would get some more from TB. With a little of RNG on Guild shop rotation - OK.

Hera: 330 shards to 7*. 525 energy a day (3*120+120+45), 525*15/8=984 battles. With 1/3 drop rate - OK. Could push a little with guild currency.

Last one is tricky: I can’t go, for example, Chopper because I wouldn’t get enought cantina tokens to buy 330 shards. But I can go Rebel scout because I also can farm him from two hard nodes.

Of course, it’s not 100%, and there are some bottlenecks (like falling in fleet/arena ranks, so I wouldn’t get enought crystals to 3x refreshers, or BAD RNG on drops).

In terms of gear - I think I can pull off on G8 everyone, but don’t know would that be enough?

• Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If I recall correctly, I have never seen Zeb/ hera in the guild shop, unless you are talking about guild events tokens and guild events store, which contain so many toons and are worth MUCH more that I would recommend spending them on farming Wampa, g12 or hermit rather than some C-grade rebel toons that are farmable elsewhere.

In any case, palp and yoda are constantly on rotation and will probably be back in two months or so, therefore if I were you I wouldn’t worry too much about not getting him this time around.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Even if you can get them all to 7* (and u think you're being very optimistic there) I don't think that squad at g8 could beat the event. There's just no synergy there. Hera and Zeb at g8 are useless outside of a Phoenix squad, STH at g8 isn't tank enough and Biggs really needs Wedge to shine. A well put-together rebel squad at g8 maybe, but those 5 no.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Of course I would be happy even on 5*, but why not to try to climb higher?)
    My brief calculations:
    15 days to get that Palp.
    STHan: 100 shards to 7*, I make around 800 arena currency a day, so it’s 10 shards a day - OK.

Zebb: 330 shards to 7*. 1400 Galactic war currency a day, 17,5 shards a day, 17,5*15=262,5 shards. Need another 70. That’s 14 buys in Guild store. I have 4000 currency on hands, and on 12th of may would get some more from TB. With a little of RNG on Guild shop rotation - OK.

Hera: 330 shards to 7*. 525 energy a day (3*120+120+45), 525*15/8=984 battles. With 1/3 drop rate - OK. Could push a little with guild currency.

Last one is tricky: I can’t go, for example, Chopper because I wouldn’t get enought cantina tokens to buy 330 shards. But I can go Rebel scout because I also can farm him from two hard nodes.

Of course, it’s not 100%, and there are some bottlenecks (like falling in fleet/arena ranks, so I wouldn’t get enought crystals to 3x refreshers, or BAD RNG on drops).

In terms of gear - I think I can pull off on G8 everyone, but don’t know would that be enough?

Let’s go over your calculations.
    At 10 shards per day of Stormtrooper Han, you can get him to 7* is a week.
    You get 1200 galactic war currency in a day, which gets you 15 shards per day. 330/15=22 days for Zeb
    For Hera, you need 305 shards, and at 3 refreshes a day and a 1/3 drop rate, you’ll get an average of 22 shards per day. 305/22=14 days
    You’d get 150/250 needed shards for Hoth Rebel Scout from cantina store by farming Hera. So let’s say you use all your regular energy to farm his hard nodes. That would take 19 days to make up the remaining 100 shards to get him 7*.

So in 15 days, you could possibly get 3 of those characters to 7* and the other 2 to 6*. Of course, in doing so, you also would have no remaining energy to gear them, so they’d all get destroyed in the actual battle.

Or... you could work on getting a team to 5* and having some remaining energy to gear them so they stand a chance of winning. That would be my recommendation if you really want to get Palpatine this time. Alternately, you could build up a rebel team with synergy (Wedge and Biggs, Phoenix, etc.) that would allow you to get Palpatine at 7* next time.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Biggs and Scout r extremely anti-Empire. If u could pair up Biggs w/ Wedge (Cantina energy) and run a Wedge lead, your other 2 rebels could b pretty much anyone.

U will need scout later on for TB anyways, Wiggs (Wedge/Biggs) is still a strong combo, they r both pilots as well.

I agree w/ the posts above. Shoot for 5*
  • Kai, thank you for pointing out my mistake on calculating GW tokens income - you absolutely right, I miscalculated here. So, with new information I need 15 buys of Zeb from guild events shop. So I need to pray for RNG in rotation AND guild event tokens from cantina in 4-10 of May. It would be a miracle if I could do that)
  • Kai, thank you for pointing out my mistake on calculating GW tokens income - you absolutely right, I miscalculated here. So, with new information I need 15 buys of Zeb from guild events shop. So I need to pray for RNG in rotation AND guild event tokens from cantina in 4-10 of May. It would be a miracle if I could do that)

OR, and I know this can be tough since I've fallen into this same mindset, you could listen to the above advice, get your 5* toons geared and get Palp at 5*. He's still plenty viable at 5* - heck mine is 5* and is holding just fine in a team where the rest are 7*.

If you continue to push for 7*, not only will you likely fall short due to relying on RNG, but you run the real risk of missing 5* too since you're toons will be horribly under-geared and have no synergy.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Spyder, you’re absolutely right. I will try 5* on May 10th (think I would have enought 5* toons by then) and would figure out should I push further or spend rest 6 days on gearing up.

Besides, the best option for me would be if I started with Phoenix from beginning, but instead i’ve Build a strange mix of FO and NS. It’s a bit of frustrating how Phoenix path is superior to another ones in terms of efficiency:)
  • Yeah - prep for 5*, grab 5*, and if you think you can push further absolutely go for it. These events aren't one day things.

As for Phoenix - they are an amazing early game team, and have their places late game, but they're far from the only path to success (Thrawn and Chimera aside - and LSTB special missions).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If someone is interested in my progress: got 5* Palp: 70 lvl Biggs, 65lvl all others, all G8, not using arena mods. Can’t say it was super easy, but finished from first try, without anyone dying.
    Farming shards according the plan would be able to try 6* in 2-3 days, depending on RNG on Zeb in Guild events shop.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Got a couple of lucky buys of Zeb from GE store, and managed to 6* him. Others are going according my plan.
    Managed to pull 6* fight, no mods on everyone but Biggs. Was not easy, lost STHan and Scout.
    To try 7* looks like I would need to spend 100 crystals on GW refreshers and somewhat about 300-600 on GE refreshers. Will see on final day how
    many GE buys of Zeb would come from
    RNGesus.
    Don’t know about how hard 7* battle is, but I can pump my my team with arena mods and some gear pieces.
    Post edited by MetlaZhizni on
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    There is no question here.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Hey, everyone! So the question is simple - how hard is Palp, and what gear level should I aim to.
    <.........>
    But also I need to plan gear farming very carefully, so - on whom would you suggest to focus in that strange Rebel mix?)
    Also I could provide these team with my arena mods, that’s around +60 speed for each (30 arrow and 30 secondaries).

Thanks!)

More specific: I could bring 1 toon to G9, whom?

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I used a very similar random collection of rebels. All just G8. No 9's. Lando and STHan were one piece away. Level 80 or less, no lower than 76 though. I omega'd Biggs' Comrade-in-Arms so i could use it every two turns. Helped a bit. Taunted with Han to sacrifice him and save the other four. Total power was about 57,500.

I also used Zeb. He was crucial to winning as he stunned the Emperor twice. And granted protection up to Han while he was taunting. Kept him alive for an extra turn.

Phoenix work outside of Phoenix teams just need to know how to use em.

As for who to G9, I'd do Han. Tank and taunts. Keeps the focus off everyone else. Biggs hits hard but he's really weak overall.
  • Thank you Vendi! I’m also thinking between Han (to make him last more and feeding TM) and Biggs (because of his amazing unique)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Biggs and HRScout both have huge benefits vs. Empire. Biggs is part of the "Danger Zone" squad and extremely useful as a pilot as well. HRScout is a requirement in LS TB so neither r a waste and both will help u get Palp w/out having to b as geared as other Rebels.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Just for the history: 7* Palp is mine.
    Got him with lvl 78 g9 Biggs with omega on his special, and lvl 65 G8 SThan, Rebel Scout, Hera and Zeb.
    Switched arena mods on them (~60 speed) and the fight wasn’t easy, but after 20 attempts I got some good RNG on scout first and landing stuns from Zeb))

The only extra costs above my plan is 100 crystals on GW store refreshers. I was buying all Zeb shards appearing and GE store for the last 15 days and managed to get 60 shards I was missing.

The major lesson: plan ahead and speed arrows are very useful:)
  • Nice man! I remember my grind to get r2 this month, it’s hard :)