Nihilus, Chirrut, ATF, Krennic, Gar and Holdo

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I've been playing for 26 months. I don't have Gar or Holdo at 7* yet. I also doubt that players, who joined within the last year have many of those 6 toons at 7* yet (and if they do, they have probably neglected some more usable farms).

Anyway, it's a bonus, and it's afine enough bonus.

• Agreed that those toons are in areas that are hard farms, like 16 cantina energy and 20 energy hard nodes.

Strategy wise, it is up to you to develop a squad or if you want to farm them. Just because you don't use them doesnt mean the entire player won't find a way to do so.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    I was watching a video the other day with the Devs and CG CARRIE said that everything they do is for a reason . I know 4 /6 have a purpose in sith raid 3 assumed / heard from other player's and one with first hand knowledge. So it can be assumed all 6 have a use in the raid
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    make whatever excuse you want because you farmed those losers and even went out of your way to g12 and zeta them the full works. but the reality is they are all lame. cg is is being cheap but they will have some excuse to tell you so you think it's a good thing. all i want is 2x drops on the toons i actually want to farm. wasn't broken before, explain that cg.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Cheap?

That's... what?

It's a giveaway. That's all it is. I'm just amazed how people can make "free extra stuff" into a negative!
    Still not a he.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Only need to farm Holdo, the rest all 7*, and the chances of getting a shard of each of the character is still unknown, let's keep our hopes low as always :o
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

First off, I am a launch player and don't have Krennic, ATF, Gar or Holdo at 7* yet. Secondly, even at 5* Holdo is the shizzle in res teams (especially when you split into 2 res teams for TW) - so you are mistaken there. Gar's ship is very useful and his leadership ability is great (he's also fun to run with a Phoenix team - as he pretty much attacks constantly) in certain aspects of the game.

So yes, I need 4 of the 6 and all are useful. They might not be meta/arena toons (at least not the 4 I need) - but I like the choices, as almost all will be a pleasant bonus.

Great points.
    Side question, when you split your resistance up for TW, who gets stick Rey, and who gets Rose?
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just curious, but why these characters of all the choices? Most players will already have DN, Chirrut and/or Krennic/ATF 7* from one or more of the past metas/raid teams. Gar is absolutely useless now. Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

I'm not complaining about these bonus drops, but personally I'd rather take double drops especially with the daily hard node increase.

First off, I am a launch player and don't have Krennic, ATF, Gar or Holdo at 7* yet. Secondly, even at 5* Holdo is the shizzle in res teams (especially when you split into 2 res teams for TW) - so you are mistaken there. Gar's ship is very useful and his leadership ability is great (he's also fun to run with a Phoenix team - as he pretty much attacks constantly) in certain aspects of the game.

So yes, I need 4 of the 6 and all are useful. They might not be meta/arena toons (at least not the 4 I need) - but I like the choices, as almost all will be a pleasant bonus.

Great points.
    Side question, when you split your resistance up for TW, who gets stick Rey, and who gets Rose?

For me Finn gets rose and holdo.
    Rey goes with JTR

Rose and Scavenger Rey go with Jedi Rey, Holdo can go with either leader, but I prefer her under Finn for the AoE spam. I like old Rey because she throws out Daze more reliably than new Rey. Rose's basic has a good crit chance made better after mods (her special's crit is........... okay....) so she'll be throwing out exposes pretty well. If she gets the double tap off on her basic it's all gravy from there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Cheap?

That's... what?

It's a giveaway. That's all it is. I'm just amazed how people can make "free extra stuff" into a negative!

Let me give you an example. Imagine going to a restaurant where you get a free beer with your meal every now and then. And then one day, they switch the beer for tap water. Yeah, it still is free stuff, but rather disappointing when compared to the free stuff handed out previously on similar occasions.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I have never heard someone try and turn this game into a food analogy without sounding absurd.

This trend continues.
    Still not a he.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have never heard someone try and turn this game into a food analogy without sounding absurd.

This trend continues.

Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion. Compared to double drops which we used to get, this is just worse. Or at best the same, for people actively farming the bonus characters. The extra GET from cantina could offset it if the chance is decent, but that's a rather big if. Hope this helps you understand where the negativity is coming from.
    For me personally, it is not that bad because I am actively farming Holdo and probably could use Krennic and Gar, but double drops would still be preferable.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nauros wrote: »
    Cheap?

That's... what?

Let me give you an example. Imagine going to a restaurant where you get a free beer with your meal every now and then. And then one day, they switch the beer for tap water. Yeah, it still is free stuff, but rather disappointing when compared to the free stuff handed out previously on similar occasions.

That's a terrible analogy. A better comp would have been "the beer of your choice" which they switched to a random beer of their choosing. Try a little harder next time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This trend continues.

Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion. Compared to double drops which we used to get, this is just worse. Or at best the same, for people actively farming the bonus characters. The extra GET from cantina could offset it if the chance is decent, but that's a rather big if. Hope this helps you understand where the negativity is coming from.
    For me personally, it is not that bad because I am actively farming Holdo and probably could use Krennic and Gar, but double drops would still be preferable.

But it is in a vacuum. They offer free stuff, that's the offer. Us applying some connection that they are not stating is not the same as there being a connection.

It is neither better or worse, it just is. And what it is, is free.

Does everyone here compare Christmas gifts to last year? (Or let their kids do that?)
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Holdo...well...er... she's not exactly very good, is she?

She has an AoE that under Rey's leadership will land a lot of exposes and crack multiple existing exposes, and under Finn's leadership will be usable every time she goes. Her potency is low, but throw mods on her and it's fine enough. You're going to sneeze at an AoE daze that does damage (and lands exposes with Rey) on a stick? She has one of the highest combined hp and protection of any character in the game and a taunt. She can actively heal with one ability and passively heal with another.

What do you consider "good," then?

This. She’s really good and allows you to run two resistance squads.

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Cheap?

That's... what?

Water is good for you tho
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This trend continues.

But it is in a vacuum. They offer free stuff, that's the offer. Us applying some connection that they are not stating is not the same as there being a connection.

It is neither better or worse, it just is. And what it is, is free.

Does everyone here compare Christmas gifts to last year? (Or let their kids do that?)

Wait a sec. You have a valid point that we have no reason to expect double drops as it was never said to be a rule, but don't try to tell me this isn't worse. This is basically a subset of double drops (yeah, not 100%, I know) with no control over which of the three characters you get. Anyone farming the bonus characters could get similar result with double drops and the rest would be better off. Unless the GET chance is actually worthwhile, that is.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

This trend continues.

Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion.

Oh. Well there's your problem. Manage your expectations better. I don't expect anything from anyone--not because I'm some "pick yourself up by your own bootstraps" nutjob, but because I know corporations are out to get my money in any way they can. We're playing a Star Wars game, they're playing an Us game (so far I think I'm winning, too, since I've played this long and only paid a little!).

I don't say that as a cynical criticism of CG or EA or anyone else. They've got to eat, too, after all. Only thing I'll criticise EA over is that they're BAD at the Us game.... CG's really good at it, though. Anyway, point being that I don't expect anything from any company other than them trying to get my money, so when they're going to give me anything at all I'll take it and be happy that I just scored a couple points in the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

This trend continues.

Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion.

Oh. Well there's your problem. Manage your expectations better. I don't expect anything from anyone--not because I'm some "pick yourself up by your own bootstraps" nutjob, but because I know corporations are out to get my money in any way they can. We're playing a Star Wars game, they're playing an Us game (so far I think I'm winning, too, since I've played this long and only paid a little!).

I don't say that as a cynical criticism of CG or EA or anyone else. They've got to eat, too, after all. Only thing I'll criticise EA over is that they're BAD at the Us game.... CG's really good at it, though. Anyway, point being that I don't expect anything from any company other than them trying to get my money, so when they're going to give me anything at all I'll take it and be happy that I just scored a couple points in the game.

say that after it starts.it has in australia. you get around 150-250 raid currency for 460-400 cantina energy and after spending 450 energy i got 5 extra shards...so exciting im not wasting anymore energy on it this week at all lol

If you need a new pants anyway, why not buy the pants that comes with free socks? I wouldn't buy a pants that comes with free socks if i only needed socks though.
    Still, that doesn't mean it isn't nice to get free socks with the pants you wanted and bought.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Holdo is a good toon for JTR teams
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

This trend continues.

say that after it starts.it has in australia. you get around 150-250 raid currency for 460-400 cantina energy and after spending 450 energy i got 5 extra shards...so exciting im not wasting anymore energy on it this week at all lol

If you need a new pants anyway, why not buy the pants that comes with free socks? I wouldn't buy a pants that comes with free socks if i only needed socks though.
    Still, that doesn't mean it isn't nice to get free socks with the pants you wanted and bought.

Where is this store you speak of!?

As a player that has gar, dn, Chirrut , starred up already, all I have is Holdo left. What is cool is that i can keep farming zombie, wicket, and the falcon and maybe get some shards of hers. Double drops are great because you can choose what you want to farm but you can do the same here. Instead of a double drop it’s exactly what it says - bonus shards. I’m sure there will be more double drops in the future just not at this time.
  • TLDR;

Could it be that they’re offering up these specific characters because they do tremendously well in the sith raid?

I know first hand that Gar is awesome and I am farming Holdo for the raid right now, so these six characters could be the key!

Either that or they’re throwing us a bone for the marquees of 2017 :grimace:
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I, for one, loved the pants/socks analogy.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Haha there's Holdo jokes in the thread. Never heard those here before...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TLDR;

Could it be that they’re offering up these specific characters because they do tremendously well in the sith raid?

I know first hand that Gar is awesome and I am farming Holdo for the raid right now, so these six characters could be the key!

Either that or they’re throwing us a bone for the marquees of 2017 :grimace:

What is the team with gar lead?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I, for one, loved the pants/socks analogy.

It was a much better analogy than the beer/water one. Leef rocks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They've repeatedly said double drops are a failed experiment, and they aren't coming back.

And I academically know the reason for the negativity. It's a terrible and childish reason.
    Still not a he.