Got R2D2, NO Palpatine!!

DarthEscuve
2 posts Member
edited May 2018
Hope this helps you...

last time i got r2d2 at 6 stars with Tarkin, vader, magmatrooper, royal guard and couldn't beat tier 7 with bad mods

this time:

tarkin G11 135speed
vader g11 134 speed
tie advanced G9 186 speed
magma trooper ans stormtrooper just G9 no mods

i did it with just tarkin vader and tie advanced the others died fast

mods:
+30 speed arrow on vader and tie
it was very important to put protection on vader
tried to follow croungchinrancor mod adviser on vader and tie.... not perfectly
potency mods on tarkin..
and some speed secondary mods(from my arena team)

Strategy:
Tarkin lead, gives more speed
first aply debuffs with vader and tarkin increasing tie pilot basic
did ultimate fire power after 3 or 4 turns(TARKIN increases potency)
culling blade killed instantly luke and leia...
i killed first r2d2 than chewbaka and old ben

thats all this event is just about getting the right mods and i think this could be done with lower gear...

Replies

• Tie advanced? I think you mean TIE fighter pilot. In any case, well done!
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • snoboredca
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/u/snoboredca/collection/?f=empire

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? It took me about 15 tries to finally JUST BARELY beat Tier VI with this team: Tarkin(L), Vader, TFP, Snowtrooper, Storm Trooper. Tries with Vader lead did much worse.

I'll have TFP up to 7* by tomorrow most likely and I feel like I should have what I need to beat Tier VII, but based on how badly I did in Tier VI, I don't expect to do well. The only thing I can think of that's wrong would be my Mods. Will someone look at my mods and tell me what to move to whom?

Side note, I'm really annoyed they ran an R2 event without running a Palpatine event right before it. I've had a Rebel team ready for a Palp event for awhile.
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    I just completed 7* with this level 85 team:
    Tarkin (L) Gear: 8 speed: 167 1st 3 abilities omega
    Vader Gear: 10 speed 175 1st 3 abilities omega
    Thrawn Gear: 8 speed 193 abilities lvl 5/6
    Shoretrooper: 8 speed 127 abilities 5/6
    RG: Gear 7. Speed 151 abilities 4/5

Used decent mods
  • nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    snoboredca wrote: »

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? It took me about 15 tries to finally JUST BARELY beat Tier VI with this team: Tarkin(L), Vader, TFP, Snowtrooper, Storm Trooper. Tries with Vader lead did much worse.

I'll have TFP up to 7* by tomorrow most likely and I feel like I should have what I need to beat Tier VII, but based on how badly I did in Tier VI, I don't expect to do well. The only thing I can think of that's wrong would be my Mods. Will someone look at my mods and tell me what to move to whom?

Side note, I'm really annoyed they ran an R2 event without running a Palpatine event right before it. I've had a Rebel team ready for a Palp event for awhile.

Stormtrooper needs more gear and needs to be leveled up. He's your only tank; get that health and protection up. TFP needs way more speed. You need to be at minimum 220. Also needs more potency to land his buff immunity AOE. Your speed mod set isn't boosting Vader enough either. He should be at 180, preferably close to 200. You don't even have a full set of mods on Snowtrooper. Tarkin only has 4% Potency, and since his damage is dependent on his Potency %, he's hitting like a wet noodle. Also, you're using him as leader when his leadership ability isn't maxed out; you're not getting nearly enough speed for the rest of your toons.

Rework your mods. Farm Potency mods for the rest of this event; TFP, Vader, and Tarkin all need them, and if you focus exclusively on those you'll hopefully get enough speed secondaries to make you fast enough. Use any mats you get to get Tarkin's leader up. Tier 7 Rebels are immune to Turn Meter Reduction, so the speed of your toons is everything.

EDIT: I just browsed your mods. You have plenty of speed between them all. But why on earth do you have a full speed set, including a 30 speed arrow, on Chewie??? Check out a mod guide. gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/ is a good one.
  • Congratulations OP. Feels good, yeah?
    Palp is not required, do not believe anybody claimed that. Neither is Thrawn. But both are on the farm path that starts with Phoenix, which is why you always see Palp in the mix for unlocking R2. Needed? No. You also do not need Phoenix to unlock Palp.
  • snoboredca wrote: »

Stormtrooper needs more gear and needs to be leveled up. He's your only tank; get that health and protection up. TFP needs way more speed. You need to be at minimum 220. Also needs more potency to land his buff immunity AOE. Your speed mod set isn't boosting Vader enough either. He should be at 180, preferably close to 200. You don't even have a full set of mods on Snowtrooper. Tarkin only has 4% Potency, and since his damage is dependent on his Potency %, he's hitting like a wet noodle. Also, you're using him as leader when his leadership ability isn't maxed out; you're not getting nearly enough speed for the rest of your toons.

Rework your mods. Farm Potency mods for the rest of this event; TFP, Vader, and Tarkin all need them, and if you focus exclusively on those you'll hopefully get enough speed secondaries to make you fast enough. Use any mats you get to get Tarkin's leader up. Tier 7 Rebels are immune to Turn Meter Reduction, so the speed of your toons is everything.

EDIT: I just browsed your mods. You have plenty of speed between them all. But why on earth do you have a full speed set, including a 30 speed arrow, on Chewie??? Check out a mod guide. gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/ is a good one.

Thanks for this! Re: the speed mod on Chewie: the link hasn't refreshed yet, I moved that mod when I posted this; I had it there in the first place because I was experimenting with Chewie's basic in the Rancor raid. Same story with ST gear, it's G8 now, just hasn't refreshed.

Agreed with Tarkin leadership level, will max it tomorrow.

Big thanks on the mod advice, I'll work on it and let you know how it goes.
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member

....The link hasn't refreshed yet,.....

You know that you can manually refresh, to the most up to date stats? If you do that, it would let everyone see what you have done.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

....The link hasn't refreshed yet,.....

You know that you can manually refresh, to the most up to date stats? If you do that, it would let everyone see what you have done.

I didn't know that. I have looked and looked for a manual refresh option but haven't found it. Would you mind telling me how to do it?
  • kindlekm
    54 posts Member

SNIP

I didn't know that. I have looked and looked for a manual refresh option but haven't found it. Would you mind telling me how to do it?

you just update your profile ( the page you put your player ID code in to get it to sync in the first place)
  • snoboredca wrote: »

You're the man. Thank you. Boom! I got it! Finally!! The last missing piece was getting Tarkin up over 50% potency. Even at about 30% potency he was nearly worthless.

Tarkin(L) g10 (53% potency, 134 speed),
    Vader g10 (no zeta, 172 speed),
    TFP g10 (208 speed),
    ST g8 (total garbage),
    Snowtrooper g8