Nihilus, Chirrut, ATF, Krennic, Gar and Holdo

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion. Compared to double drops which we used to get, this is just worse. Or at best the same, for people actively farming the bonus characters. The extra GET from cantina could offset it if the chance is decent, but that's a rather big if. Hope this helps you understand where the negativity is coming from.
    For me personally, it is not that bad because I am actively farming Holdo and probably could use Krennic and Gar, but double drops would still be preferable.
    They've repeatedly said double drops are a failed experiment, and they aren't coming back.
    Was that stated somewhere? Because this is the first time I hear it. It seems strange, given how popular they are. I would really like to see the reasoning behind this decision. Or, rather, the excuses they come up with, because the reason is it's too good for the players.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It was stated in a couple of the interviews.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't remember that. Did they indicate how it "failed?" Gave us too many resources? :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ok, no analogies if you hate them so much. The problem isn't free stuff in itself, in a vacuum it would be awesome. The problem are previously set expectations for similar kind of occasion. Compared to double drops which we used to get, this is just worse. Or at best the same, for people actively farming the bonus characters. The extra GET from cantina could offset it if the chance is decent, but that's a rather big if. Hope this helps you understand where the negativity is coming from.
    For me personally, it is not that bad because I am actively farming Holdo and probably could use Krennic and Gar, but double drops would still be preferable.
    They've repeatedly said double drops are a failed experiment, and they aren't coming back.

According to my sources, this is an incorrect statement.

I also dont recall this being stated either, but I asked to ensure that we are all on the same page.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I also dont recall this being stated either, but I asked to ensure that we are all on the same page.

Thanks
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm paraphrasing, but I specifically recall Carrie saying something to that effect on one of the GameChanger interviews. Can't find it at the moment, though.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

I'm paraphrasing, but I specifically recall Carrie saying something to that effect on one of the GameChanger interviews. Can't find it at the moment, though.

If only there was a place of highlighted transcriptions of a YouTube video.

If Kyno confirmed with the dev team - maybe you misheard it or was said differently.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Or, if they would...oh, I don't know....post something official on the forums. :whistle:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or, if they would...oh, I don't know....post something official on the forums. :whistle:

Somewhere where we could hit “quote” and cite our sources. :joins whistling:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Please go back and review. But I was told that is 100% incorrect when I asked.

:wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hhhmmmm, that sounds like a good idea, I wonder why no one brought this up before, several times, whenever he has an opportunity to point out how nice it would be.... :wink:
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would expect the drop rates to be any different.

The one thing I'm most interested in seeing is which nodes will be getting which characters added to them.

It sounds like any node will just have a chance to drop the related toons depending which side you are on. Not that a toon will be added to a specific node.

Interesting. I just assumed it would be the least desirable character gets added to 12 energy nodes, next added to 16 energy nodes, followed by most desirable added to the 20 energy nodes. (yes, I understand it's debatable which is considered the most/least desirable from each group)

I'm not sure if what you're suggesting is better or worse than my initial assumption. But if I have a shot at getting Nihilus shards in the Sabine node, that's pretty slick.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Cheap?

That's... what?

It's a giveaway. That's all it is. I'm just amazed how people can make "free extra stuff" into a negative!

CG is like, "Here! Have some free stuff." and most people on here are like, "The free stuff isn't good enough! Give us better free stuff."
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Cheap?

That's... what?

It's a giveaway. That's all it is. I'm just amazed how people can make "free extra stuff" into a negative!

CG is like, "Here! Have some free stuff." and most people on here are like, "The free stuff isn't good enough! Give us better free stuff."

Hey, uhh I actually like theses characters. Plus since I am F2P and these characters are pretty hard to get, it's a nice edition for us. They were probably thinking about us F2P players. Of course there are other players that pay-to-win or just pay-to-play (I don't know) that have t a bit more easier because they have the one resource that everyone needs which are crystals
  • Also credit where it’s due- they are trying NEW things. Which is exciting and I feel adds to the recent excitement I’m feeling with this game. Sometimes new things work and sometimes they don’t. I appreciate that effort immensely.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Just going about my daily routine. If I get a little extra in the process then cool, if not then whatevs.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Cheap?

That's... what?

It's probably not so much the free stuff but the way they present it as a celebration or charitable gift when really all they're doing is attempting to engage the part of your brain that likes instant gratification so your addiction to the game is maintained.

And yes.....I'm a blast at parties.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hhhmmmm, that sounds like a good idea, I wonder why no one brought this up before, several times, whenever he has an opportunity to point out how nice it would be.... :wink:

weird isnt it when people want official posts on an official sight :super whistling: ;}

If only there was an 11 page discussion about wanting official posts on the official site. :whistling intensifies:
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Guys, could you please confirm this one? If I farm the DN node during this event, do I still get a bonus chance of getting him, or is the basic node chance that superceedes the bonus DN shard drops?
    So is it worth farming that node or will it reult in the same amount of DN shards?
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    Guys, could you please confirm this one? If I farm the DN node during this event, do I still get a bonus chance of getting him, or is the basic node chance that superceedes the bonus DN shard drops?
    So is it worth farming that node or will it reult in the same amount of DN shards?

I’m pretty sure you get the node shards and the bonus shards- will probably show up as 2 different shard icons. That’s my guess anyway.
  • I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong @CG_Carrie, but the statement was double drops negatively affected the health of the game (which is ludicrous).
  • "health of the game"
    Yes, much like Soon™ actually means "When we feel like it" - so "health of the game" really means "loss of profit"

I think we need the 2018 revised SWGOH dictionary thread now!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong @CG_Carrie, but the statement was double drops negatively affected the health of the game (which is ludicrous).

if this is true, i'm sure there is context around that statement that would clarify a statement more than that.
  • So the bonus shards just dropped and I'm very pleased with them. As someone who started a fresh shard in late January i am super stoked that this will most likely unlock krennic and Gar for me, which will save farm time and give me the extra dark side captain I need.

While I don't necessarily need the rest right now they're all characters I'd farm eventually, and for those who have them 7* you'll have a ton of shard shop currency as the drop rate is actually pretty substantial.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to, but that was not my intent. We love double drops, we just don't run them all the time.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Shimrra
    109 posts Member
    it was some king of tradition for us to have double drop for may the 4th...we were used to have it and pretty pleased for that.

2 or 3 times a year is not "all the time" for most of us ^^
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Shimrra wrote: »
    it was some king of tradition for us to have double drop for may the 4th...we were used to have it and pretty pleased for that.

2 or 3 times a year is not "all the time" for most of us ^^
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes