Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• thomssi
    526 posts Member
    I thought the 20 zetas was for last film release (but could be wrong).
  • I don't really expect much for free, but I mean come on. A lot of us have been very loyal to this game.
  • They are finally doing something for the new players. Please understand.
    Tb, tw, raids. Everything in last few months were aimed towadrs end game players. Let the new and casual players enjoy too!
    Besides, look at the 2k shard shop currency lmao
  • There was one raid, which many do not enjoy. Nobody likes tb.
    So not much done for longterm players....
  • Plus it's May the Fourth be with you. Not celebrate the new player day.
  • I think everybody should be celebrating Star Wars today. Not just seasoned vets or new players. We all came here because of our love for Star Wars.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I disagree that the drips are useless. But compared to double drops and credit heist, even a re run of any events ... come on people, we can do better then this ...

It is a celebration isn’t it ?? Not another day just to get us to spend more crystals in bad drop rates or a new bounty hunter faction that doesn’t do well ...
  • D2our
    3 posts Member
    Same thought I had - seems only focus is on new players nowadays

Yup
  • I think everyone *will* be celebrating star wars day on 25th.

Lets be real, today is nothing but a marketing trick. It's 25th when the real celebrations will take place. Let them tend to the newer players for a bit, who will join due to the new movie release.

And boy. I meant good end game players. Every well-off end game player has had something to look forward to, a challenge. Building towards a new team for something new. Be it raids or tb or miscellaneous. You don't like tb? Sure, because you fail to perform. You don't like str? Same.

And no. Not everyone dislikes tb. Not everyone likes star wars here, either.
    There was one raid, which many do not enjoy. Nobody likes tb.
    So not much done for longterm players....

Do you have any new ideas, then?
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    What about the 6 toons that drop on lightside/darkside hard nodes? and guild currency dropping in cantina nodes. can't please everybody.
  • In more then 50% of all heroic Str I was top 3, in tb we do 44/46 stars, so no, it has nothing to do with Not performing well ;-)

Problem is, its just no fun.

Ideas. For sure:

Tournaments were so much greater than marquees. See also in marvel where its called Blitz. But they could not handle bugs and cheaters so they just gave Up.

Challenging bonus/ mythic tiers would be Great. Not just auto/zerg.

A raid where you have to take use of mechanics instead of zerging.

Mythic tiers for rancor and Haat.

Tb that are not only dependent on Rng and challenging instead.

Tw with much more strategy options. Getting a Bonus in t1 which you can decide between different faction options for t2, etc.

Ship content will be next dissappointment you will See.

And so on...
  • Solo shads were good, and maybe it will have something to do with the new solo and chewy toons and they giving out his shards, plus even small guilds of 25 mil can solo the heroic rancor now....

Any character they gave out there would will always be someone who it will be useless for, unless they gave 330 traya shards. I am sure no one has a g12 traya yet, or do they?:D
  • To everyone trying to defend the update, know that we are not trying to convince you these bonus drops are bad. We know for a fact they ARE BAD. We want CG to know that we are not happy and At the very least give us what you have in the past... DOUBLE DROPS. If you are happy with these current drops, I assure you, you would be much happier with double drops. I created this account just now so I can help the community by bashing this horrible may the 4th event.
  • 3 star 9-A Dark side hard node is the best way to do it if you want to be completely F2P. It might take you a lot longer this way, but it is worth it. I spent nothing on his shards and I have DN 7*

You can also save crystals and when you have a spare few hundred, spend it on DN when he appears.

• It wasn't a marketing team somewhere. Fans actually came up with it. After a while of it spreading around, Lucasfilm started considering this to be the day to celebrate Star Wars.
  • It's not like we exchange gifts on this day Haha.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    So I'm a "pretty" new player. Started about 5 months ago. I'm level 75, 99% f2p player, and get on every day to grind my dailies and whatnot. I've been wanting Nihilus since day 1 and saw he can drop with this event from Dark Side hard mode missions. So I decided to save up about 3.5k energy or so from the last few days by buying a bunch of crystals and ended up getting 0 shards for him. Is this a joke? A lot of my guildies are having the same issue. This has to be a bug because I got 100+ Krennic and Saxon shards; please fix this. I expected at LEAST to unlock him, but end up spending $50 for literally nothing.

When I was farming him, I rather bought his shards from shipments than doing the lottery.
    I also did the same with Baze (he is on a really good price 150/3pcs)
    Dont worry you will eventually unlock and 7* him, but it doesnt happen overnight.

refreshing the node is definately cheaper though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Well I bet Disney doesn’t know what nonsense we are gettting for this game
  • Qvwste wrote: »
    What about the 6 toons that drop on lightside/darkside hard nodes? and guild currency dropping in cantina nodes. can't please everybody.

I like the guild currency, but the "bonus" characters might as well not be there. 2 refreshes on LS (farming talzin) 24 battles, and I got 4 holdo shards... um yay I think? Ha
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    This is odd, as all the the DS nodes I have done I have received only DN shards but no DK or Gar.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Pathetic bonus ? Yes. bonus shard shop currency though.
    But yes considering its only one day a year and the amount of time most players put in for just a mobile game is it bad.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ow noez, i didn't get enough free stufffff !!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    And come on, if u wanna have a celebration, ask the fans for it. Here are some ideas where everyone will benefit

- Credit heist twice a week for a month
    - Double drops
    - 1/2 the price of crystals and the crystals needed to buy shards
    - Double drop of GW Nodes
    - Double arena pay out
    - Faction passes for 1/2 price for past fraction
    - You can even throw in a surprise login element to make the game more entertaining

Seriously, Devps can really do better then this. Even the 20 Zetas is a good give away ...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I have no problem giving the new players something for once. There’s been plenty tuned to end game players, that it’s about time newer players got something for a change. I’m satisfied with my discounted crystals and random GEC for Wampa and holdo drops. If they wanted to give us double cantina drops I wouldn’t mind so I could get Matt just a bit quicker XD
  • Solo shads were good, and maybe it will have something to do with the new solo and chewy toons and they giving out his shards, plus even small guilds of 25 mil can solo the heroic rancor now....

Any character they gave out there would will always be someone who it will be useless for, unless they gave 330 traya shards. I am sure no one has a g12 traya yet, or do they?:D

It would Not be useless if I could donate it to smaller guild members...
  • Hey VampX... I really like what you guys have done in creating a place where nerds (like me), other cultures, kids, and people from all walks of life can have a place to escape(SWGOH). Now I understand this is a business and I buy crystals when I can afford them too help support further development and such. I was a little disappointed on the canto a being lit up as double drop for this May event and when I simmed I got no character shards multiple times. I personally think if you are going to "Light up" a specific node every item in that node should be doubled. Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Boo

PS It seems as though krennic is dropping at a rate of 0 today.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We've given you our money for two years, and you celebrate May the Fourth, by giving us 10 Han shards?

You must have missed the bonus shard drops, bonus GET (both active for the next 4 days), the two new fun events, the 25% bonus crystals and other surprises along the way Carrie hinted at.

But, yeah. Other than all that, that's all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hey VampX... I really like what you guys have done in creating a place where nerds (like me), other cultures, kids, and people from all walks of life can have a place to escape(SWGOH). Now I understand this is a business and I buy crystals when I can afford them too help support further development and such. I was a little disappointed on the canto a being lit up as double drop for this May event and when I simmed I got no character shards multiple times. I personally think if you are going to "Light up" a specific node every item in that node should be doubled. Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Boo

PS It seems as though krennic is dropping at a rate of 0 today.

Cantina has Guild event tokens.
    LS hard nodes - have chirrut holdo atf
    Ds tb hard nodes - have Gar Kren and dn
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?
    So you're hating on them even without knowing what they are?

Bonus drops means you can get shards for these characters from any node. So if you're farming Veers or Lobot or some gear etc, (chances?) are you can also get Holdo shards at the same time.

Yes. I don't need to know the specifics of bonus drops for 6 toons to know that they are not as rewarding as double drops for any toon of your choosing. Not to mention double drops for cantina and GW. Hopefully, there is more to come?

Thanks for the clarification though.

I will not bite the hand that feeds me.

Ha! You got that completely backwards bro.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?
    So you're hating on them even without knowing what they are?

Bonus drops means you can get shards for these characters from any node. So if you're farming Veers or Lobot or some gear etc, (chances?) are you can also get Holdo shards at the same time.

Yes. I don't need to know the specifics of bonus drops for 6 toons to know that they are not as rewarding as double drops for any toon of your choosing. Not to mention double drops for cantina and GW. Hopefully, there is more to come?

Thanks for the clarification though.
    Yes, I agree that double drops are more rewarding. No question. Since the bonus drops aren't beneficial to me outside of Holdo shards (The rest I have 7*) but that is a very selfish outlook on what CG is doing here

AND

I will not bite the hand that feeds me. I'm getting GET which I wasn't getting any other day. They are not obligated to do double drops on the 4th. Its our expectations that are betraying us. On the positive side, this might be an experimentation by CG and who knows? They might decide to continue or bring back GET for good in the future (Maybe when they release more LS/DS battles if we get any?)

They are not obligated to do anything, for sure. But everything Star Wars gets in on this holiday that many here like to point out was made up by the fans. Made up or not, Disney is all in. Sales and deals and promotions abound. As such, of course we expect something here, but more and more we must expect less and less.

Free stuff, sure, but free junk. It would take 1440 energy to get a single 5 shard purchase from the GET in cantina. And a total of 10 extra shards from hard node farming is nothing to write home about. All in all, a very weak showing.

@ultra This guy gets it.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048