Can anyone beat this?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Howdy, folks! I’m having trouble, but I haven’t used my jedi in a while so maybe I’m just rusty. I’m going to try again later in the day (currently sitting in an empty theatre auditorium for an Infinity War showing that starts in an hour—I like getting to the movies early!) can you take a look at my roster and offer some help? I’ve got a passel of mods to swap around if it helps. Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/collection/?f=jedi
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sage020
    59 posts Member
    I used Chirpa, Wicket, Logray, Paploo, and Ewok Elder to complete the mythic tier. Wasn’t easy, wave 4 being the toughest. Try to take grievious out asap as he is the real issue. Hope that helps some.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Anyone manage it with a 7* Ugnaught?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    I think this event is great! Yes it’s very very hard so it requires some thinking and some strategy (and the right maxed toons) but that makes the game more fun than putting it on auto. Well done CG!

lol ok there here is your certificate of dev appreciation to give them

On a side note I wonder if that is going to be be the reworked grievous kit I can't get to stage 4 so I would love to hear all the wonderful new skills he has
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Can’t get past level 4 with GK, zarriss, zEzra, zKanan... tried GM Yoda/Ahsoka/Aayla in last slot.

Heal immunity, deathmark, done.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Can’t get past level 4 with GK, zarriss, zEzra, zKanan... tried GM Yoda/Ahsoka/Aayla in last slot.

Don't worry 30 posters out of millions of players .00000000000000001 % of all players can beat it...and they will let you know about it.

I swear by Crom's name that these events are made just for forum players...gives them a bragging ground and entices people to you know.....catch up

It's only omegas after you beat it anyway... get those for free every day.... keep your mythic nonsense

Also loving the 2 free holdo shards for May the 4th...thanks guys you are awesome up there....OHHHH my bad... I did get 400 GET with my 1000 cantina energy.....woooo thanks lol get me 5 shards...

• Sage020
    59 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Don't worry 30 posters out of millions of players .00000000000000001 % of all players can beat it...and they will let you know about it.

I swear by Crom's name that these events are made just for forum players...gives them a bragging ground and entices people to you know.....catch up

It's only omegas after you beat it anyway... get those for free every day.... keep your mythic nonsense

Also loving the 2 free holdo shards for May the 4th...thanks guys you are awesome up there....OHHHH my bad... I did get 400 GET with my 1000 cantina energy.....woooo thanks lol get me 5 shards...

Maybe, but I like to think those that beat a particular event can offer helpful advise as well as provide hope and determination. On a side note, I don’t think many players beat every event that gets released. I’m happy I could complete this one but there are many I don’t stand a chance in. Rebel Round Up is kicking my tail. Couldn’t even do the first tier, same with Bounties and several others. I guess I’m just saying not all events suit all players right away. Be patient and keep building teams, they always come back around. No reason to be upset if you don’t succeed the first time.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    lol ok there here is your certificate of dev appreciation to give them

Cynical and insulting. What's wrong with someone saying they're enjoying the game?

• MikeSkyWalker
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Devs: People like Jedi. So let's make them completely kitten
    Also Devs: The one day of the year that jedi are useful, let's make their mythic event completely impossible. Because screw those players that wasted their time on characters they actually like from Star Wars. And we can't afford to give away 2 zeta mats.

PS. I'm using all G12, Zeta and fully G12 gear Jedi with superb mods. Don't believe me? Check my roster. 101k team can't even put a dent into GG.

The Devs really screwed up on this one and kicked us Jedi lovers in the balls yet again.
  • MikeSkyWalker
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    LoL

Wouldn't want my post to get seen by too many. So move it and bury it in here. Same old oppressive Moderation we've come to expect from Kyno and the gang. Change my words **** to "kitten". Power tripping control freaks. This website is nothing but propaganda. And you moderators aren't fooling anyone.
  • meme4789784846.jpg
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Sounds like with Jedi GM Yoda is the key stealing the protection buff and spreading it along with the special ability buffs. Most that I have been seeing beat it with Jedi are using gk lead.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    "Hey look at me I have hermit Yoda g12 and zeta QGJ and Barriss! This is so easy!"

Yeah I'm sorry but this event is a joke, you want me to spend 20 zetas to zeta QGJ just to be able to get 2 zetas and 2 omegas?

Honestly I don't understand their logic, it's one thing to make something difficult, it's another to make it impossible...
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    ...you want me to spend 20 zetas to zeta QGJ just to be able to get 2 zetas and 2 omegas?

It's a game - you are given the choice as to how best manage your resources.

You can do the above...or you cannot do the above.

The choice is solely yours, nobody else's.

• PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    ...you want me to spend 20 zetas to zeta QGJ just to be able to get 2 zetas and 2 omegas?

And I choose not to do it, but then again they should incentivize players to do it. This isn't encouraging me to make the investment because the return will be horrible. One time 2 zetas and then 2 omegas once a month, if that!

Why would I spent 18 zetas for 2 omegas a month? It would take years upon years before the investment pays off. If they release an even this difficult they should bump the rewards to meet your investment. I would want at least some gear 12 salvages, carbantis, stun guns and cuffs if I'm going to invest a zeta for it
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    "Hey look at me I have hermit Yoda g12 and zeta QGJ and Barriss! This is so easy!".

As an owner of G12 GK, zzHY, and Ezra, along with GXI GMY and Aalya (needed for stun via Ezra calling her as well as HY's two mass attacks and GK's 1), I can say this is still hard as nails. It involves a lot of RNG and wether or not you can keep the floating shield driod and GG stunned via Aalya or you get to cleanse GG's deathmark. Make it past wave 4 twice, but lost the squishy GMY each time and didn't have the firepower granted by the event ability/GMY spreading it to finish off stage 8 before I wiped.

I personally think this is a good challenge, just wish I could 'save state' near the end of stage 3, right before the GG encounter. Everything aside from stages 4 and 8 have to be manually controlled but are relatively easy with HY and GK lead.

EDIT: Got there on my fifth try. Those zetas are the most hard-earned I've ever gotten.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018

And I choose not to do it.

Your post could have ended there really. Do it or don't do it. Choice is yours. Nobody is making you, or me, do anything.

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2018

And I choose not to do it, but then again they should incentivize players to do it. This isn't encouraging me to make the investment because the return will be horrible. One time 2 zetas and then 2 omegas once a month, if that!

Why would I spent 18 zetas for 2 omegas a month? It would take years upon years before the investment pays off. If they release an even this difficult they should bump the rewards to meet your investment. I would want at least some gear 12 salvages, carbantis, stun guns and cuffs if I'm going to invest a zeta for it

Who's saying you need zetas to beat it - this thread mentioned a few teams with no zetas in it and a few posts above says GK leader, not QGJ. The keys to beating this event have all been noted in this thread, it's very helpful.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I am sure this will not be popular but I will share my thoughts anyway.

Mythic are supposed to be hard and as such will not be completed by everyone, especially if they are unwilling to make the commitment to "invest" in the team to be able to complete. It is not like this is something new it has been happening for a while. It also not like this is the only thing these characters can be used for now and forever. I am not saying that it is bad for those that don't like it to not voice their opinion but the game had been moving away from a player have more than 1 or 2 good teams for a while now. More of the released content is pushing the players to extend their rosters. I personally enjoy tiered content that allows players to complete based on their rosters.

I am personally glad they removed resistance (not sure if Jedi was the best option to replace them) as an option for this assault battle because if they had not the only way to have made a difficult/mythic tier would have been to use the crazy speed option where the whole enemy team makes multiple moves before yours regardless of your speed and that is just an rng fest, which IMO is not fun.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I’m going to yell at some entitled jagomorphs real soon. But first I need to eat my nachos and do two phases of our HAAT. So watchthis space coming soon.
  • Unfortunately, my GK is 97/100 right now and my Hermit Yoda is 99/100. Both Gear 11 with everything ready to make them gear 12 once I reach 7 stars. I also have a gear 12 zzGMYoda and gear 11 Ezra and zQGJ.

I just needed maybe 2 more days, oh well, something to look forward to in the future.
  • I thought it was fun - played it a good while, had to retreat many times and died initially. Appreciate the challenge and I think it's fine for "bonus" content that people really don't have to complete. This isn't a paywall event where you're blocked from getting CLS or GK or something. You get a few zetas / omegas as a reward, which was cool and I appreciate, but in the grand scheme it's nothing to get super bent up about if you're not able to pass it.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Mythic are supposed to be hard and as such will not be completed by everyone, especially if they are unwilling to make the commitment to "invest" in the team to be able to complete.

This.

• Spang
    286 posts Member
    It’s low stakes but with great rewards.

You're kidding, right? Or forget to put a /sarcasm there.
    Two omegas for a super hard, super challenging, super super super Mythic tier? While the other tiers give you shards AND mods (and purple mats?). It's just as bad as the Sith Raid rewards below Heoric tier.

• PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Mythic are supposed to be hard and as such will not be completed by everyone, especially if they are unwilling to make the commitment to "invest" in the team to be able to complete.

This.

Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less. Like I said, I won't be doing this event any time soon. Possibly never and I'm still not even upset because the rewards aren't worth it.

The whole point of getting 2 zetas is to be on a 2 zeta surplus, not to be 18 minus, so those zetas might as well not exist
  • Spang
    286 posts Member

This.

The only problem with this reasoning is that many of the players have ALREADY made the commitment, and invested in a team, which is able to complete the event. That team was Resistance. And now you're forced to heavily invest in another team if you want to complete an event again that you have already completed million times.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Spang wrote: »

This.

The only problem with this reasoning is that many of the players have ALREADY made the commitment, and invested in a team, which is able to complete the event. That team was Resistance. And now you're forced to heavily invest in another team if you want to complete an event again that you have already completed million times.

True, I hope this means resistance is getting their own event where they battle FO
  • Tulkas wrote: »
    Separatist for zetas?

I get to wave 4 and get wiped.

All g12 toons

if you have 2 yodas, it's simple

PZgZ6uxl.jpg
  • PeteSolo wrote: »

This.

Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less. Like I said, I won't be doing this event any time soon. Possibly never and I'm still not even upset because the rewards aren't worth it.

The whole point of getting 2 zetas is to be on a 2 zeta surplus, not to be 18 minus, so those zetas might as well not exist

Where are you getting the 18 zeta number? I don’t think jedi have that many zetas if you counted every single one?

Regardless I agree that it isn’t worth investing in a Jedi team just for this event, but if you are investing in them because you like them or for some other reason then this gives some extra sweetness for that investment.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Alright, got 12m damage on the tank and caught the end of the Spitfire/Dragons beatdown, so now it's time to start yelling....
    Spang wrote: »
    It’s low stakes but with great rewards.

You're kidding, right? Or forget to put a /sarcasm there.
    Two omegas for a super hard, super challenging, super super super Mythic tier? While the other tiers give you shards AND mods (and purple mats?). It's just as bad as the Sith Raid rewards below Heoric tier.
    No, you shoe without arch support, it's not sarcasm or kidding. It's not even super challenging, it just requires putting gear on characters and using the right combination--probably moving some mods around because your best stuff doesn't go on them normally, but at most that's going to cost 100k, which is a helluva discount on two omegas.

There are no stakes. If you don't complete it, you miss out on some omegas. That's all. It's not like missing out on Luke or Rey or General Kenobi or any of the other dozens of characters that have risen and fallen through the meta ranks throughout the years--Hey, remember when Darth Maul was an absolute must when zetas first came out, but until that point he was only available through chromium and aurodium packs? You probably don't remember, because a couple months later R2-D2 came out and rendered him obsolete. Whenever a game-changing character (or mechanic, in the case of zeta Maul) gets introduced there's a great wailing and gnashing of teeth from the people who miss out because they can't or won't (both valid) spend the money needed to get those things.

This is content that you can take or leave as you please and it doesn't really matter. It's for fun, see? You do it if you want to do it, and if you don't want to do it, you don't. Can't you just have fun for a couple minutes instead of coming here to kvetch because there's no egg in your beer? Just enjoy the beer.

This.
    Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less.
    No, you rusty nail on a broken picket fence, you don't have to be crazy to see that value proposition as worth it. What requires being crazy is thinking that the only way to play the game is to google "What GoH characters should I go for?" and then copy/paste that into a phone doc so you've got it on a checklist you can look at whenever you fail a leadership check at the start of your turn and stumble forward half your move speed. Likewise it is also crazy to think that the game as it stands today is how it has always been. Lots of people have jedi at high stars because we needed them for stuff in the past, geared reasonably well because they were solid for a while, zeta'd because once you have four or five critical zetas you can just start throwing them on the characters you like. There are folks out there who took their Imperial Troopers to g11 before they got reworked last year to have sub-factional synergies or were needed for any content (incidentally, also before any characters could reach g12). There's folks out there who farm characters because they like the character, not because some list told them they should do it.

People do things because they like to have fun. Because they're fans of some characters. Because they don't give a good god **** about their arena ranking. Only a crazy person would think you'd have to be crazy to have jedi with zetas.

As I said above: If you don't think it's worth doing, then don't do it. What are you missing out on? Why, exactly, are you angry about all of this? Are you mad because you can't do the content, or are you mad because the rewards aren't worth the effort? And don't you see how maybe--MAYBE--that's not necessarily a bad thing?
    LoL

Wouldn't want my post to get seen by too many. So move it and bury it in here. Same old oppressive Moderation we've come to expect from Kyno and the gang. Change my words **** to "kitten". Power tripping control freaks. This website is nothing but propaganda. And you moderators aren't fooling anyone.
    You need to shut up and grow up, dude. Read around and it's real obvious that there's a list of words that they think are inappropriate and substitute with "kitten" or whatever. If the only way you can express yourself is by that sort of language, then the problem is with you, you melting ice cream sandwich.

There's hella room for criticism and feedback that doesn't get changed. It's just that the majority of people on this board are entitled old brats (You can tell they're old because they constantly call others entitled millennials) that are so used to games that cater to them that they've forgotten that you're supposed to actually play them, and sometimes that means not being able to complete something because you weren't prepared so they come here and have some petulant whinefest about how everything is a cash grab like that isn't the goal of literally every business in our western capitalist civilization. That's how we get these megathreads. Too many people too enraptured with their own opinions that they don't realize a dozen other people have said the same **** thing, hence threads get merged so they don't overtake the board.

You're not important enough to be censored. You're just not original enough to warrant your own thread.

I'm betting the folks who don't read the forum have a significantly higher success rate because they're not infected with the circular-self-pleasure "META OR DEATH" groupthink mindset that runs amok around here.