What is more annoying ? The whiners or the people whining about the whiners?

I liked forum a lot better before the nerfs/buffs happened. I bought Barris and was disappointed but at least EA acknowledged it and is doing something about it. It's time to end the whining on both sides already and get back to making this forum beneficial to everyone.

Replies

• ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Definitely the whiners, and this includes the people that were whining about dooku and barriss being op BEFORE the nerf. People need to respect the devs decisions, and stop crying about it. If you think the barriss nerf was solely based due to complainers you couldn't be more wrong. The people whining about the whiners are 100% on point on this situation. However the Barriss users who are whining about the people who are whining about the whiners are annoying too :).
  • I liked the forums before global release... People then were nicer and forums were more constructive. Even thought there were much more bugs and greater nerfs / buffs going around. Everyone just accepted it as part of balancing.

I guess looking at the list of countries that went on soft launch, you could guess the kind of nationalities who are going to be easier to work with in life. Of course it's just generalizing, but it's something.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    I liked the forums before global release... People then were nicer and forums were more constructive. Even thought there were much more bugs and greater nerfs / buffs going around. Everyone just accepted it as part of balancing.

I guess looking at the list of countries that went on soft launch, you could guess the kind of nationalities who are going to be easier to work with in life. Of course it's just generalizing, but it's something.

The europeans do have the tendencies to complain and not respect the devs decisions.
  • I think the whiners whining about whiners whining is more whining.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I shouldn't have titled the post the way I did.
  • There's a lot of good toons to work on:

Captain Phantasma if you have it. Poe if you have it.

First Order Tie Fighter is a great asset. Even in Galatic Wars, this is a very good hero to use.

Those are "free" and are great gifts. So if the recent situation caused you to not give EA another cent, so be it. There are a lot of content to be enjoyed without spending money. And of course, spending money will get you there faster. All's good.

• My response has always been... there's a single letter difference between a winner and whiner, which are you?

If they're smart they'll usually shut up as they caught onto the message, if not, probably best just to not waste any more time on them.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Keaven wrote: »
    I think the whiners whining about whiners whining is more whining.

This

Always whiners and whiners whining about whiners and even whiners disguised as non-whiners in gaming forums. If their posts also contain valid points and/or comedy with less hate and/or cruel words, I am cool with it. Too much hate pollutes the forums and makes it less enjoyable, but as is life on the Internet when people feel they can get away with saying whatever they want as long as its behind the keyboard.
  • ewok wrote: »
    SeroZero wrote: »
    I liked the forums before global release... People then were nicer and forums were more constructive. Even thought there were much more bugs and greater nerfs / buffs going around. Everyone just accepted it as part of balancing.

The europeans do have the tendencies to complain and not respect the devs decisions.

Ahem, mods... seriously!
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SeroZero wrote: »
    ...Even thought there were much more bugs and greater nerfs / buffs going around. Everyone just accepted it as part of balancing...

^ this.

I don't mind casual nerf/buff request, as that's a common part of gaming forums. However, once the unreasonable biases start coming out, along with the entitled feelings, and "Git Gud" responses, is usually when it goes south.
  • If I did have a gripe, it was only the pricing, but I try to always speak nicely. As for the whole character nerfing dilemma, it never bothered me because I'm not a paying customer and playing free. I did truly feel bad for the paying customers and did voice ideas of how this could be resolved, but my criticisms are not beyond reason. In the end, I'm mostly satisfied with the game....
  • SeroZero wrote: »

I would say what happened makes sense. When the product was beta, all criticism is constructive but when it's full release, expectations are higher. As for nationality, I'd say customers who live in countries where expenses are higher will expect more and this is life. A guy buying in NY may have more disposable income than a guy in China, so when a guy from China buys and a product doesn't work as expected, the loss to that customer is greater. Food for thought....
  • Illuminati wrote: »
    I shouldn't have titled the post the way I did.

Lol.. the double negatives are flying everywhere!!
  • After playing HODA I know what to expect from the dev's. Nerd/buff is business as usual so, I just go with it. I will say that the dev's have really done well with this game. I wish they added all these features in HODA. After playing this game HODA just seams pointless now.