Is there any competition left in the game?

evoluza
1778 posts Member
Really... Both arena's are boring, annoying and all that stuff. People with 1 million GP less are jumping on top places. Why do I grind every day, when CG doesn't change anything for moths? Only thing you need is one zeta and with bad mods Han solo. If this is the way the game goes...

Replies

  • SwordsLFD
    281 posts Member
    I think we might be playing different games.
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    I think we might be playing different games.

    Are you playing angry birds?
  • Kyno
    20412 posts Moderator
    Ships, ok you are right, but they also made announcements that they are reworking ships.... so change is coming.

    Not sure how long you have been playing, but a lot has changed. Even this current meta has several teams that are hanging out in the top spots. There have been times where the top 50 were all the same team, now that is boring.

    Yes, people with the right team can win, that's the whole point. You dont need to always be 100% ahead of everyone in arena. It's only about 5 toons.

    I will jump on the current bandwagon and say ' just wait for treya'.... apparently she is going to change things...
  • UdalCuain
    2463 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Really... Both arena's are boring, annoying and all that stuff. People with 1 million GP less are jumping on top places. Why do I grind every day, when CG doesn't change anything for moths? Only thing you need is one zeta and with bad mods Han solo. If this is the way the game goes...

    If people with lower GP are contesting top spots, doesn't that mean there is more competition?
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    I'm am playing since Nov. 2015.
    There is more difference, but is it really better?
    Everyone has palps and a zeta. That's the only thing you need right now. This makes the hole arena pointless. I now there are changes for ships, but today is the day I complain about all that.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.

    The sad part about ships, once this change happens; I feel like they'll be right back where we are currently. People will figure out best starters and reinforcements and that will be ran into the ground as it currently is
  • leef
    12262 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    20412 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    *Runs off to go start a nerf leef thread*

    But seriously that's what we get when you have a diverse meta.

    To the OP, yes it is a good thing IMO.

    If someone invested in or built the "right team" they can no be competitive. Periods like this are necessary and enjoyable (at least for me), this helps "close the gap" and let's people breath a bit while building more toons and teams for the bazillion other game modes we all "need" toons for.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    Fair point, but you still need some semblance of a team around him. So what OP is really saying is that arena is overly competitive and investment (time or money) and thoughtful team comps are not being rewarded properly.

    I've seen a couple of "nerf KRU" threads floating around, but I've already conceded to your point.
  • leef
    12262 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    *Runs off to go start a nerf leef thread*

    But seriously that's what we get when you have a diverse meta.

    To the OP, yes it is a good thing IMO.

    If someone invested in or built the "right team" they can no be competitive. Periods like this are necessary and enjoyable (at least for me), this helps "close the gap" and let's people breath a bit while building more toons and teams for the bazillion other game modes we all "need" toons for.

    i just took a quick glanse at your roster, you can probably easily field 4 different teams with minimal overlap and still be able to beat 90% of the teams in your top20. Point being, we don't have to build the "right team" or have superior mods anymore, "normal play" will result in having a top20 capable team anyway.

    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    12262 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    Fair point, but you still need some semblance of a team around him. So what OP is really saying is that arena is overly competitive and investment (time or money) and thoughtful team comps are not being rewarded properly.

    pretty much, yes. I feel like what he's trying to say is lost in translation somehow, not sure.
    There's loads of competition, but there's no way to actually compete (being/doing better than your peers), if that makes sence. Well, no way that isn't just being online at the right time and attacking more often if need be. No "real" competition.
    This was always true to a certain extent though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    20412 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    *Runs off to go start a nerf leef thread*

    But seriously that's what we get when you have a diverse meta.

    To the OP, yes it is a good thing IMO.

    If someone invested in or built the "right team" they can no be competitive. Periods like this are necessary and enjoyable (at least for me), this helps "close the gap" and let's people breath a bit while building more toons and teams for the bazillion other game modes we all "need" toons for.

    i just took a quick glanse at your roster, you can probably easily field 4 different teams with minimal overlap and still be able to beat 90% of the teams in your top20. Point being, we don't have to build the "right team" or have superior mods anymore, "normal play" will result in having a top20 capable team anyway.

    You dont think superior mods help?

    By "right team" I mean lower GP players like the OP was saying 1M lower than him. People who made the right focus and made 1 good team, because they may not have the diversity in their roster made the "right team" and can now climb the ranks.

    While I understand your statement, you dont know my top 20. I have 2 teams fully arena modded for this reason, there are mirror matches I cant win reliably. Maybe I could put together another JTR team but I dont really have the mods for that. Mods are a huge part of arena. The team is only 70% of it. IMHO

    I'm not sure what you consider "normal play" but I dont think normal play will get you to the top 20 in arena. There were many people who didn't get JTR last time around because of "normal play" that is one of the solid arena teams right now. I think our definitions of normal play may be different.

    Also in a diverse meta people get to the top by cherry picking the teams they can beat, that doesn't make them a top ranked player, because as the meta shifts they will tend to fall back again and not be able to keep pace. The breath of arena opens and closes, we have been feeling it for a little while now.
  • Waqui
    5148 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Really... Both arena's are boring, annoying and all that stuff. People with 1 million GP less are jumping on top places.

    It seems you are experiencing competion, doesn't it?

  • TVF
    11968 posts Member
    People get so hung up on arena.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.

    I take first since the first Boba rework. I don't need knowledge how to improve my arena rank.
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    OK I think leef gets my point. I am no nativ English speaker. So it's hard for me to say my point, if I don't know how ^^
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.

    I take first since the first Boba rework. I don't need knowledge how to improve my arena rank.

    That's great! It makes me more confused about your initial issue though.
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.

    I take first since the first Boba rework. I don't need knowledge how to improve my arena rank.

    That's great! It makes me more confused about your initial issue though.

    The issue is:
    You don't need top mods to compete.
    You don't need all the zetas you could eqip.
    You don't even need G12.
    As said Han Solo can handle that with the first shot. Same goes for ships. Going into top 10 with G11 pilots shouldn't work for them!

    I have over 4500 arena wins and there are people jumping up with less then 1000.
    If you want compare GP.
  • Waqui
    5148 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    evoluza wrote: »
    OK I think leef gets my point. I am no nativ English speaker. So it's hard for me to say my point, if I don't know how ^^

    Your point was quite clear. In your subject line, you insinuated, that there is no competition in arenas, and that it's a problem. You then went on to describe an arena scenario, which indicates, that there IS competition, and that it is also problem. I don't believe the issue is language. The issue seems to be, that you cannot decide wether you prefer competion or not. You seem pretty undecided.
  • Vertigo
    4343 posts Member
    Just wait for Traya... That'll squeeze a lot of teams out of your top 20 to 50 lol.
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    OK I think leef gets my point. I am no nativ English speaker. So it's hard for me to say my point, if I don't know how ^^

    Your point was quite clear. In your subject line, you insinuated, that there is no competition in arenas, and that it's a problem. You then went on to describe an arena scenario, which indicates, that there IS competition, and that it is also problem. I don't believe the issue is language. The issue seems to be, that you cannot decide wether you prefer competion or not. You seem pretty undecided.

    It's no competition if I see palps, Han solo teams, look what they have and see they have nothing. Why should I compete in this awful situation. There is no point in arena if this goes on for much longer.
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Just wait for Traya... That'll squeeze a lot of teams out of your top 20 to 50 lol.

    Hope so. Luckily this wannabe top 10 owner can't compete in an hero sith guild.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Overall GP has no bearing on a players arena competitiveness. Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    My suggestion is to ask for guidance. "here's my scenario, how can I maximize my rank at payout?" is an example of a way to improve your arena game. Also, almost no team holds on defense. You'll always need to make that climb.

    Yes, ships arena is boring. Everyone agrees and devs are making changes.

    I take first since the first Boba rework. I don't need knowledge how to improve my arena rank.

    That's great! It makes me more confused about your initial issue though.

    The issue is:
    You don't need top mods to compete.
    You don't need all the zetas you could eqip.
    You don't even need G12.
    As said Han Solo can handle that with the first shot. Same goes for ships. Going into top 10 with G11 pilots shouldn't work for them!

    I have over 4500 arena wins and there are people jumping up with less then 1000.
    If you want compare GP.

    It's against my better judgement to respond to this because I can tell by your "let's compare GP" comment that you are not open to new ideas, but here goes.

    whether or not you have 4500 wins compared to someone with 1000 is irrelevant. Arena is based on 5 toons against 5 toons. If someone has developed a team comp that is now arena viable, then yes you're going to see them challenge for the top spots regardless of how many previous wins they have.

    No, you don't need all the zetas you could equip because some of these aren't necessary in your arena composition. BB8 self preservation protocol is a perfect example. Not needed on an arena viable team.

    No, you don't need to be max gear when your team is a direct counter to the team you are facing. That's the point. Nightsisters are a perfect example of this. NS does extremely well against JTR teams and extremely poorly against any team with an AOE.

    I can go on, but basically your point is that both arenas are highly competitive because certain toons are overpowered and that is bad for the game because you are somehow entitled to the top spot because your gameplay has been better over the long run and less sophisticated players should never be able to catch up. Got it
  • Waqui
    5148 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    OK I think leef gets my point. I am no nativ English speaker. So it's hard for me to say my point, if I don't know how ^^

    Your point was quite clear. In your subject line, you insinuated, that there is no competition in arenas, and that it's a problem. You then went on to describe an arena scenario, which indicates, that there IS competition, and that it is also problem. I don't believe the issue is language. The issue seems to be, that you cannot decide wether you prefer competion or not. You seem pretty undecided.
    evoluza wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    OK I think leef gets my point. I am no nativ English speaker. So it's hard for me to say my point, if I don't know how ^^

    Your point was quite clear. In your subject line, you insinuated, that there is no competition in arenas, and that it's a problem. You then went on to describe an arena scenario, which indicates, that there IS competition, and that it is also problem. I don't believe the issue is language. The issue seems to be, that you cannot decide wether you prefer competion or not. You seem pretty undecided.

    It's no competition if I see palps, Han solo teams, look what they have and see they have nothing. Why should I compete in this awful situation. There is no point in arena if this goes on for much longer.

    Squad arena is fought with teams of 5 selected characters. It's not a battle between 2 complete rosters. If people with a million less GP than you can beat your team in the arena, then it's exactly this — competition.

  • leef
    12262 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Also, if your squad arena still has OG Han as a meta toon you're still early stage. It gets better as people get to higher levels and broaden their rosters.

    What he's saying is that raid han is the reason why anyone can beat everyone on offence, regardless of how old your leaderboard is, or how good the team and mods are.
    He's absolutely right about that. There are no nerf theads on the forum wich means that even "noobs" can beat everthing available ingame currently.

    *Runs off to go start a nerf leef thread*

    But seriously that's what we get when you have a diverse meta.

    To the OP, yes it is a good thing IMO.

    If someone invested in or built the "right team" they can no be competitive. Periods like this are necessary and enjoyable (at least for me), this helps "close the gap" and let's people breath a bit while building more toons and teams for the bazillion other game modes we all "need" toons for.

    i just took a quick glanse at your roster, you can probably easily field 4 different teams with minimal overlap and still be able to beat 90% of the teams in your top20. Point being, we don't have to build the "right team" or have superior mods anymore, "normal play" will result in having a top20 capable team anyway.

    You dont think superior mods help?

    By "right team" I mean lower GP players like the OP was saying 1M lower than him. People who made the right focus and made 1 good team, because they may not have the diversity in their roster made the "right team" and can now climb the ranks.

    While I understand your statement, you dont know my top 20. I have 2 teams fully arena modded for this reason, there are mirror matches I cant win reliably. Maybe I could put together another JTR team but I dont really have the mods for that. Mods are a huge part of arena. The team is only 70% of it. IMHO

    I'm not sure what you consider "normal play" but I dont think normal play will get you to the top 20 in arena. There were many people who didn't get JTR last time around because of "normal play" that is one of the solid arena teams right now. I think our definitions of normal play may be different.

    Also in a diverse meta people get to the top by cherry picking the teams they can beat, that doesn't make them a top ranked player, because as the meta shifts they will tend to fall back again and not be able to keep pace. The breath of arena opens and closes, we have been feeling it for a little while now.

    Ofcourse superior mods help, but inferior mods get the job done.
    "normal play" obviously doesn't get you top20 since there are only so many players that can actually take top20 per leaderboard. It does however give you a team capable of beating alot of the teams that usually rank top20.
    Save water, drink champagne!
Sign In or Register to comment.