Strategy aganist faster nightmare teams?

tr1gergo
45 posts Member
I am using ep, vader thrawn, sion, nihilus, like everyone else in my arena, but i cant get as fast mods as the top 10 does. What do you think would e the best strategy to beat does mirror matches? maybe thrawn lead? or han over sion? Or just some tactic change? (i kill ep first, shock sion, fracture nihilus, than kill vader, nihilus, sion, thrawn in that order (if I can..).

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Zeta Nihilus passive. He will get a lot of TM when the enemy vader AOEs due to landing debuffs on your Sion. Then you can drain force and ruin the ensuing combo (Palp stun, Thrawn fracture, Sion AOE).
  • tr1gergo
    45 posts Member
    he doesnt need zeta for that. But beacuse this way, when he goes before my vader, he cant really increase too much cooldowns(or need some luck to do), because the enemy is not debuffed. And if vader goes first, then their nihilus is getting 100% tm, and i am debuffed, so he increases everything. It's really annoying
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Hmm.. Well, the new mod store is a good place to start. I picked sup a +22 speed secondary the other day there. Other than that, I would take out thrawn and put in Han. I have someone on my shard who does that, and can take first consistently.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    A31ojVw.jpg
  • tr1gergo
    45 posts Member
    Thanks! It looks really intresting. I wanted to sub sion for han but this could be even better, given the synergy between sion and nihi. Will try it tomorrow.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Strategy fighting a faster team?

Be faster than them...

(mods)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I usually use Thrawn lead to climb. Vader gives 100% TM to my Empire toons (Thrawn, DT, Palp and ShT), so they all play before the others. My 5th is DN or GK.
  • Sebexite
    16 posts Member
    Just rhan to stun their vader and first ability block their nihilus b4 u make own vader aoe . Between shock sion to disable his lol taunts .
    I use team zEP lead , dv , thrawn , rhan old ben for all mirror fights
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    If your mods aren't up to snuff your best bet is to scrap the EP team altogether and run a team that counters EP. Take speed out of the equation completely.

Rex lead FTW
  • Mods. Unfortunately. Speed secondary mods. The thing that causes the most disparity.
  • tr1gergo
    45 posts Member
    Using thrawn lead turned out to be good. When vader goes, ep, vader and thrawn get 100tm, because of the lead, and nihilus too, because of his unique. So then my vader goes, then palp/thrawn/nihilus, but usually all of them before the opposition, so i can stun and increase cooldowns. And from then, even though i don't get the bonus tm from palp lead, I can usually settle a win.
    Tried raid han too, both at sion/thrawn's place, it was a little bit better leaving sion out on offense imo, stun vader, then my vader goes, and it's on.
    So it looks like both are reallly good counters, now I am figuring out which one to leave on the defense...
  • tr1gergo
    45 posts Member
    ps: thrawn lead is horrible on defense. I usually drop back to 25-30 but with thrawn i found myself at 70 today. So it leaves raid han...
  • Thrawn lead is great against a faster EP lead team, but it can be a hindrance on defense. Though personally I haven't seen much difference in how far I fall on defense.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    tr1gergo wrote: »
    ps: thrawn lead is horrible on defense. I usually drop back to 25-30 but with thrawn i found myself at 70 today. So it leaves raid han...

Lmfaoooooo
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Above is a video of Maxhine gun Magma use on offense makes for easy win Just make sure you switch that out on defense Ai is stupid .