Seriously where's snoke?

So it's almost been 6 months since tlj and still none of the best characters have come to the game Kylo unmasked is alright, but seriously. Rose and holdo are universally hated, and executioner I forget exists. With the Han Solo movie coming up, are we ever going to get snoke, hermit Luke, a better Poe, hux? Pretty please

Replies

• I don't think Snoke really qualifies as a "best character", but I would like to see Hux. And I would love Hermit Luke, but I expect we won't get him until after we have Jedi Luke. (I'd be happy to be wrong on that though.)
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I can't help but wonder whether or not we have truly seen the last of Snoke, in the movies.
  • I don't think Snoke really qualifies as a "best character", but I would like to see Hux. And I would love Hermit Luke, but I expect we won't get him until after we have Jedi Luke. (I'd be happy to be wrong on that though.)

You're right, not the best, certainly more interesting than holdo and rose though.

• Gheyst1214
    205 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder whether or not we have truly seen the last of Snoke, in the movies.

Yeah getting cut in half is not necessarily the end. Just ask Darth Maul.
  • SNOKE = Sith No One Knew Existed :)
  • He has a 50% chance of appearing

You're right, not the best, certainly more interesting than holdo and rose though.

I'll give you that. They were horrid.

Plus, Snoke could have been good, if they'd actually written him some story...
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Rose and holdo are universally hated, and executioner I forget exists.
    Do not speak for me.

I love Rose, and I adore Amilyn.
    Still not a he.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    He has a 50% chance of appearing

Which 50% of him will appear? :D:D:D
  • New Snoke menu at Burger King. Have him served your way. Top half, bottom half, or 2 HANdS kids meal.
  • He is coming soon in a two part event.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    Rose and holdo are universally hated
    Most of the film is universally hated. If it comes to the general "pllotframe" with the chasing fleets I always have to think of Spaceballs ("Prepare ship for ludicrous speed!") underlined with the Benny Hill Theme... :)
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    I liked Rose and Holdo. Just because you hate something doesnt make it universelly true
  • Whats wrong with rose and holdo? I liked both of them, though holdo I hated in the movies for the first half of it :) but at the end I ended up liking her.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    What about the Praetorian Guards?? They'd be ideal... and a possible faction on their own!
    Still... I agree... no Snoke, no Hux, no Hermit Luke... KRU is decent, but doesn't make up for Holdo and (gulp) Rose!
    Holdo looks like she has her uses... but Rose is... well... as useful in the game as her character is in the film.
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    Rose and Holdo were fine. Not really my favorite characters, but they played a role in the film. It is debatable to say how big their roles were but it's hard for me to say their roles eclipsed the likes of Snoke, Poe, Hux, or General Leia.

On a side note, I would to add that Holdo's claims to fame will be standing up to Poe and of course sacrificing herself for the crew. I dig the fact that she stood up to Poe. I like the message of women being a force in the workplace. However, there is a meme going around about Holdo sacrificing herself to pilot the ship when the ship was fully staffed by droids...that are fully capable of piloting lol. So I give the story no credit for using her in that way. To me, she's a sassy rebel just like Leia was. And that's cool. But her role was significantly less important.

Rose, ugh...I feel like she was the one character in the movie that was only their to really push a political agenda, which I interpreted as a Rage Against The Machine-like presence. F the system basically. And that's cool. But they wrote her big scene as the movie was getting good and then we were forced to go to this stupid planet no-one cares about and find this random guy that we don't want to know anything about. That's Rose. Thanks for the detour.

So the decision to add them and not the bigger names I mentioned is to say the least strange. Snoke was a huge fan favorite, as was Hux, Poe and Leia. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb ol paying customer ;)
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    I think some of the missing characters from the Last Jedi could very likely show up in the Resistance cartoon due out this fall. Also it is likely that some may come out in ships updates as well
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    meh, they can leave snoke out of the game for all i care.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    +1, Rose and Holdo are worse than darth jarjar... would much rather see Snoke or Hux, than these Z list character everyone so badly wants like Poodoo Jango.
  • Revi wrote: »
    +1, Rose and Holdo are worse than darth jarjar... would much rather see Snoke or Hux, than these Z list character everyone so badly wants like Poodoo Jango.

Maybe we will see snoke once we see his backstory and CG have more information to build a great raid/legendary character. ATM all we see is him shooting lightening into the floor and thats it. We don't see much of what he can do.

• Rumour is that he was coming on the launch day the last jedi... but then he had to split
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Rumour is that he was coming on the launch day the last jedi... but then he had to split

He's here all week!

Snoke is supposedly some super powerful DS user but we don't get to see that really. He sure isn't a lightsaber master going from Kylo's performance......

We already have a lightning guy in Palpatine so maybe CG can't think of anything to give him to use.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    Rumour is that he was coming on the launch day the last jedi... but then he had to split

you're bad
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I really don't get the folks who are confused or displeased by Amilyn and Rose being picked as the characters to include.

TLJ is structured as four interwoven character arcs for our four main kids. Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo. These are our four most important characters. And all of them have a character in the game already, even if Poe's is kinda crummy.

Each of our main kids has a single primary support character who is the center of their character arc. Luke, Rose, Amilyn, and Snoke, respectively. They are the pillars of this movie's structure while our main kids flail about. They are the next four most important characters in the movie. Of those, there's no doubt there are plans on what to do with Luke. Despite his limited screentime, Snoke is still the big bad dark side dude and leader of the First Order, so he's way in legendary territory. Obvious choices are the other two pillars, Amilyn and Rose.

After that, you have the secondary support characters for a couple arcs. Leia and DJ. Then you have the peripheral supporting cast. Hux, Paige, Phasma, BB-9E, et cetera.

If there are two characters to be released as named marquee characters for this movie, Amilyn and Rose are the clearest choices, since out of our primary supporting characters for this movie, the other two are probably gonna be some sort of event unto themselves.
    Still not a he.
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I really don't get the folks who are confused or displeased by Amilyn and Rose being picked as the characters to include.
    I just don't care for them that much for reasons I stated in the above. I would have been much more satisfied even with Praetorian Guard.
  • Time will tell...

There are rumours about the SW episode IX movie so I think SWGoH will release to differentiation of Hux when IX will start in December 2019.