Shard shop rework needed!

PeteSolo
173 posts Member
Let me start by saying that shard shop is really awesome and I'm glad we got that initial rework that brought all the gear in. However I strongly believe that we need a small modification to it!

Shard shop has very few slots and too much gear and the problem is that some times days can pass without certain pieces rotating. I know this may be the intention to cause players to buy refreshes however those refreshes can be expensive and honestly spending crystals just to make 5 salvages appear doesn't make alot of sense.

I recommend that we expand the store to have more slots and instead of 10 pieces rotating in one slot, to have a maximum of 2- 3 pieces rotating at each slot.

This is literally the easiest implementation and it's not to much to ask, makes carbanti- guns- cuffs rotate on the same slot, all gold pieces have their own slot, gear 12 salvages have a separate slot from rancor raid gear, ect.

I think that's very useful QoL and it's not going to affect revenue much.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Are you building up a huge surplus of currency? If not, there's no need for this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you building up a huge surplus of currency? If not, there's no need for this.

You're the worst. You really don't have to poo-poo literally everyone else's ideas/suggestions. But to answer your question... yes. Especially after the Rebel Roundup shardstraviganza. I had over 5k shard shop currency after that event. Down a bit now, but I would be thrilled by the suggested change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I dont think I have had a day where I dont buy at least 1 item in 3/4 of the rotations.

I dont buy much from there, but it is a good source for gear and there are some great options in there. Gold balls, cuffs, guns, caribanti....
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I have over 6k now. It goes fairly quickly and then it doesn't matter how often pieces show up as long as they show up occasionally.

If you have a problem with me, I'd suggest reporting me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    I actually think it would boost revenue. When people see progress they tend to want to "complete" the task at hand (e.g., going from G10 - G11). I manage all of my gear allocations based on the farming speed of Carbs and Guns. If I'm able to get a Stun Gun completed, I'm more likely to spend crystals on the yellow eyeballs, yellow cable boxes, and other rarer gear. Crystal spend down means I have a higher likelihood of buying more since I don't finish Top 20 in squad arena. Longer it takes me acquire a fully crafted Stun Gun, more crystals I'm able to accumulate, less spend down, thus less likely for me to spend any real money.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Muaddib wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You're the worst. You really don't have to poo-poo literally everyone else's ideas/suggestions. But to answer your question... yes. Especially after the Rebel Roundup shardstraviganza. I had over 5k shard shop currency after that event. Down a bit now, but I would be thrilled by the suggested change.

I swear to God I was thinking the same thing lol