Bounty Hunters

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Boba's rocket does set them off...

Does it set them off or does it just do the damage it does to all other buffs and debuffs?

Good catch.... It expells them
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Does it set them off or does it just do the damage it does to all other buffs and debuffs?

BE GONE, DETONATORS!

;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

BE GONE, DETONATORS!

;)

I thought the extra damage was the det going off..... Reading is good
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Boba's rocket does set them off.....

WHY YOU LYIN
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Boba's rocket does set them off.....

WHY YOU LYIN

Why you not readin'?...... Already said I was wrong.....
  • Ruzhy6
    14 posts Member
    Ha, thanks mate. You might be the first person to comment positively about this. The last few folks to remark on my linguistics were doing so derogatorily, as if I were attempting to appear "higher than thou".

I think they were just "mad jelly" my presentation and debate was smothering them and they couldn't keep up, but whatever.

I can roll in the gutter when I have to, as well. :)

I read the first part of your post as Ron Swanson.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Boba's rocket does set them off..... Also, greedo's detenators now go off the moment the character they are stuck to takes a turn.....

It does not. It converts them to bonus damage. And yes greedos detonate as soon as that character takes a turn, but if someone has one detonator from greedo and three from dengar stuck to them, and one explodes, you'd think the explosion would cause the other to explode. Was kind of the point.
  • I thought their reworks were a little underwhelming, especially greedo he only dispells one enemy and needs a zeta just to conditionally stun... Target lock also only effective if it's zetad. Other factions offer so much it's a bit of a let down
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Guzzernaut wrote: »
    Boba's rocket does set them off..... Also, greedo's detenators now go off the moment the character they are stuck to takes a turn.....

It does not. It converts them to bonus damage. And yes greedos detonate as soon as that character takes a turn, but if someone has one detonator from greedo and three from dengar stuck to them, and one explodes, you'd think the explosion would cause the other to explode. Was kind of the point.

You were so fast to prove me wrong on the interwebs that you didn't read where I already corrected myself..... You're doing terrific...
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Has anyone else noticed that they don't have a support class, except the cad bane? P4 in the sith raid is impossible without using a non-hunter or the terrible synergy of Cad. Dengar should really be a support, based on his kit.
  • I think bounty hunters are still very weak. They have to be gear 12 to even be playable. There are none in arena top 50. Bossk May make them better but it will be 6 plus months until he is farmable. Even then they will put him in a 20 energy per fight node with a 3/10 drop rate. Will be over a year until he is viable.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Imperial Troopers aren't in the arena and they're not "very weak." I have one at G12 and none at G11, and was able to finish the Wampa special mission and the regular combat mission for the first time each thanks to the rework. Shrug.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member

with zam under boba lead, I was one of two in my guild who could do it before the rework, now its so easy I can auto it with em. They're pretty great, I agree, but like the last guy said, it'll be awhile before we see them used more. I just wish that den gar was classed as a support tho, would make them able to cleanse that annoying traya stack. lol
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    All they really needed to do was make Ventress a BH. Her leader, healing, and dispells would have made BHs good. Contracts is a total fail.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    All they really needed to do was make Ventress a BH. Her leader, healing, and dispells would have made BHs good. Contracts is a total fail.

Under a dengar lead, they get 35% health steal..... Boba has bounty hunters resolve, greedo already has health steal..... Ig88 gets 50% health back when he damages a target locked enemy and Bossk gets 50% back when he taunts.... How much heal do you expect on one team?
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Under a dengar lead, they get 35% health steal..... Boba has bounty hunters resolve, greedo already has health steal..... Ig88 gets 50% health back when he damages a target locked enemy and Bossk gets 50% back when he taunts.... How much heal do you expect on one team?

Nihilus lead has 150% health steal with zeta and it's still a very weak leader ability

Edit - Just look at Ventress's zeta leader ability and let me know if you would rather have contracts or her as a BH?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Contracts is a total fail.

In what way are contracts a fail? I actually like contracts.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Nihilus lead has 150% health steal with zeta and it's still a very weak leader ability

Edit - Just look at Ventress's zeta leader ability and let me know if you would rather have contracts or her as a BH?

But she isn't a bounty hunter......

I'd like a team with a giant health pool, all of them with high self heal, taunt, a massive attack and the ability to.cleanse, heal, apply all buffs and cleanse..... But it isn't going to happen....
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

In what way do you like contracts? Arena? Just checked the Meta Report and BHs are nowhere to be found...

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

In what way do you like contracts? Arena? Just checked the Meta Report and BHs are nowhere to be found...

There are other parts to the game than arena..... BH are great for sith rsid
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018

https://www.starwars.com/databank/asajj-ventress

" Ventress returned to her roots as a Nightsister, made a living as a bounty hunter, and – in the strangest twist of all – rediscovered the way of the light that she’d rejected long ago as a Jedi Padawan."
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

https://www.starwars.com/databank/asajj-ventress

" Ventress returned to her roots as a Nightsister, made a living as a bounty hunter, and – in the strangest twist of all – rediscovered the way of the light that she’d rejected long ago as a Jedi Padawan."

That describes one episode of the cartoon where she teamed up with boba's gang..... In that episode, she stole the bounty and released her contract after turning on boba..... That hardly makes her a bounty hunter....
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/su2EYNqSLZc

If you have good mods, they can work on offense in arena against certain meta teams.

I know their rework isn’t meant for arena but it has been fun finding a combination that I can use.

I’m an Empire and BH fanatic.
    I’ve been running full Empire since Thrawn was first released.

Being able to play around with another faction has been super fun. I’ve blown at least a thousand crystals in arena trying out different comps and turn orders :)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

If everything that wasn't arena-viable was a total fail, there'd be like 20 useful toons. That sounds like a terrible game.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That describes one episode of the cartoon where she teamed up with boba's gang..... In that episode, she stole the bounty and released her contract after turning on boba..... That hardly makes her a bounty hunter....
    She resumed bounty hunting after that episode, and the Clone Wars series in general, but the characters in game are snapshots (other than R2), so the Asajj we have in game is not a bounty hunter yet.
    Still not a he.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member

Nope. Definitely not. Pretty much everything else but arena. Poor assumption.

518 posts Member
    I think it shouldn't be already over with just Bossk. We need Embo, Jango, Aura Sing, 4-LOM and Zuckuss.
    Moreover, Cad and Zam didn't get payout or Zetas while Zam truly needs those to be better.

Please, don't stop in the middle of it.
  • Embo should be added for sure at some point.
    He’s already in LS 9-B

It would be great to have a BH that inflicts Daze and Deathmark.

We really need a way to make debuffs stick.

Traya lead makes TD’s completely useless.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I think bounty hunters are still very weak. They have to be gear 12 to even be playable. There are none in arena top 50. Bossk May make them better but it will be 6 plus months until he is farmable. Even then they will put him in a 20 energy per fight node with a 3/10 drop rate. Will be over a year until he is viable.
    Arena's just one board. Look at all the other things you can tap and do in the game.

Not every team is going to be a mover and shaker in the high end of arena. If every re-work instantly put that team to the top of the charts, this game would collapse from the instability. Metas aren't meant to change overnight.

But they're good in raids, they're great in territory wars, great in territory battles, and more importantly: About once a month there's an event that uses Bounty Hunters to get hard-to-farm shards for rare characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.