Bounty Hunter in Arena - total fail?

Prev1
Hi,

after a looooong time I decided to spend some money on this game again and - with some luck - brought Bossk to 7* .. and I regret already to give any money to this game once more.

But ok, to my question:
Is there any value for Bounty hunters to succeed in arena?
In my tries (with 7* ZBoosk G12 L, Boba G12, IG-88 G12 etc..) I had absolutely no chance at all against the "Meta teams" around Palp etc. Zero. All my tried 100% fail.

So it this another "money pull" for nothing or where is the value for Bounty hunters (in Arena) ??

I do not see any :(

Replies

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I did take Rank 1 with them, minus Greedo. Put in Raid Han. Just wanted to see if they could win by stalling Vader. Lost the first time, barely won the second try. I would NEVER leave them on defense though. Would probably fall all the way to 100 overnight. Since then I've tried a full hunter team and you're right, they can't win. And 4 out of 5 of my hunters are Gear 12.5, Greedo is the only one at Gear 12.

Maybe if they programmed them to always go for the bounty target they might work some on defense, but even though I have my doubts.

They were mostly upgraded for PVE not PVP though, so I have no regrets on maxing Bossk.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah they aren't good in Arena, but even Capital Games implied that. Never spend money to test a character, instead you should research on YouTube and stuff to see what others are saying. Let others spend money for such things! After that, you can make a more informed decision
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Never spend money to test a character, instead you should research on YouTube and stuff to see what others are saying. Let others spend money for such things! After that you make a more informed decision

Well, I did and it did sound promising .. i did not expect to be "so bad".
    But it does not answer my question .. ;)#

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    To answer your question: The value is they are great in PVE, seemingly ALL PVE. And now we have two new Bounty Hunter events that give out shards for characters, so they'll be great there. And IF they ever add another tier to Credit/Droid heist you can bet that tier will be really difficult.

Also, and this is just opinion, they are fun to play. Most fun I've had in quite some time in this game. So that's a big win in my eyes.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The dev team stated they were not redesigned with arena in mind. They were built to be PvE. Not exclusively or anything but that was the idea when they did the reworks.
  • Options
    So they do a rework of multiple toons, introduce a new toon for money, put new Zetas on it, new synergies and plan to make it "not viable in arena" at all .. sorry this is "bull" and this is why I really dislike the game already .. I was once a "whale" speding quite a lot of money on this game, and now I really regret spending money again .. but this time it will be the last time forever..

• jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Don't complain to us, just stop spending.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    This is a big game.

It's not all about the arena.

These toons are not focused on that one specific game mode. However, they are useful for others. Territory battles, raids, the bounty hunting event for super rare shards, an assault battle. It is good and fine to have different characters focused on different aspects of the game, with different strengths and weaknesses and uses. Boiling everything down to only the arena makes for a shallow game experience.

You're putting the blame in the wrong place if you're mad at the devs that you bought a character explicitly not made for arena and you're upset that they don't do well in the arena.
    Still not a he.
  • 3ReD7
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Character inventions, and reworks are part of the uniqueness that allow each player to choose how they play the game. I happen to love the reworks for the BH team. Are they a meta team, no... but they are fun to play with for sure! They’re my new toy! Lol

But to play the blame game because this team isn’t what you expected??? Non-sense! Investigate, read, learn... then make a proper educated decision. Purchase or don’t. And simply just play the game. Have fun gamers!!
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I’m running my 7* super tank Bossk as my Nightmare tank and took 1st place today and second yesterday and only dropped to 20 overnight. Vs 40-50 with Thrawn and cracking top 10 didn’t happen.
  • 3ReD7
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    I’m running my 7* super tank Bossk as my Nightmare tank and took 1st place today and second yesterday and only dropped to 20 overnight. Vs 40-50 with Thrawn and cracking top 10 didn’t happen.

That is great to read! Congrats!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure there were similar posts within a few weeks of Palp and Vader reworks. Experiment. Also you have "etc" in there I am assuming those are Greedo and Zam? Make sure those are there because with Boba lead they are awesome together.

Also Boba might be a better BH lead right now. I think Bossk lead is for TW and TB.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »

@Foxer That is awesome. He is your main tank? EP Vader Sion DN and Bossk? Im guessing the self cleanse and heal makes a big difference. What is his HP/Prot and speed?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hi,

after a looooong time I decided to spend some money on this game again and - with some luck - brought Bossk to 7* .. and I regret already to give any money to this game once more.

But ok, to my question:
    Is there any value for Bounty hunters to succeed in arena?
    In my tries (with 7* ZBoosk G12 L, Boba G12, IG-88 G12 etc..) I had absolutely no chance at all against the "Meta teams" around Palp etc. Zero. All my tried 100% fail.

So it this another "money pull" for nothing or where is the value for Bounty hunters (in Arena) ??

I do not see any :(

Why didn't you ask the question *before* spending money? Don't just whine after the fact. Nobody told you BH would be awesome in arena or that you needed to spend money. Next time do research *first*.
  • Options
    It is annoying that the BH rework was literally aiming lower than other reworks in the past like IT and NS.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It is annoying that the BH rework was literally aiming lower than other reworks in the past like IT and NS.

How so? IT were never arena worthy either. And NS had a short run with the zombie novelty but anyone who knows anything can get past them easily. Both have limited uses in certain parts of raids and that's all. Same as BH.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

How so? IT were never arena worthy either. And NS had a short run with the zombie novelty but anyone who knows anything can get past them easily. Both have limited uses in certain parts of raids and that's all. Same as BH.

NS can beat meta teams, and IT have more uses and are level higher than the BH. These BH literally cannot best any other type of squad reliably . Resistance, FO, IT etc. Probably Jedi but Jedi are as bad as separatists.
  • Options
    I'm glad they suck.

Means I don't have to choose to spend resources on them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So they do a rework of multiple toons, introduce a new toon for money, put new Zetas on it, new synergies and plan to make it "not viable in arena" at all .. sorry this is "bull" and this is why I really dislike the game already .. I was once a "whale" speding quite a lot of money on this game, and now I really regret spending money again .. but this time it will be the last time forever..
    VonZant wrote: »
    Pretty sure there were similar posts within a few weeks of Palp and Vader reworks. Experiment. Also you have "etc" in there I am assuming those are Greedo and Zam? Make sure those are there because with Boba lead they are awesome together.

Also Boba might be a better BH lead right now. I think Bossk lead is for TW and TB.

This. What the devs have as an initial intent means nothing. They have stated that players have taken things in different directions then they intended.

And yes 100% yes, they design toons for the game, not a single aspect of it. They didn't make them intentionally not are a viable, and I would imagine they will find a place in the early metas. They probably designed them for places where they are required and could be more useful, PvE. They did it so everyone can utilize them.
  • Options
    The funny thing is, even though the devs said they weren't arena focused with reworks, reading bossks kit, and their abilities, to me at least, made them sound like a somewhat viable arena option, I meant +50% protection, +100% defense at full health, speed for completing contracts, mass heals through debuffs/resists..
    Oh well I'm happy with them and are farming them for TB and rebel round up :)
  • Options
    Let me refer you to our shards BH pro...

Cain! @Gaidal_Cain

He runs a BH setup and is successful with it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team stated they were not redesigned with arena in mind. They were built to be PvE. Not exclusively or anything but that was the idea when they did the reworks.

This. It wasn't just implied that Bounty Hunters wouldn't be goid in arena. It was clearly stated.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Here are some videos I uploaded with my Bounty Hunters:

https://youtu.be/su2EYNqSLZc

https://youtu.be/g-zgby7lhjE

https://youtu.be/syhDJWvzgzA

Han is unfortunately necessary to take on EP teams with Vader.

Turn order is very important.

I have Greedo modded to go first after Han so he can dispel/reduce TM of whoever needs it (usually Thrawn).

Bounty Hunters will gain +15 speed from Han’s irresistible stun which helps for first turn advantage. Getting the contract fulfilled early is the biggest challenge and is key.

Bounty Hunters do NOT work against Traya lead whatsoever. It is a blood bath.

RJT teams are very tough. Bossk lead is the only squad that I have been able to beat JTR with and don’t plan on being able to activate the contract as BB-8 is usually the weakest toon and is very hard to pin down.

Rex is a challenge especially is Talzin and Wampa are on the team. Bossk lead seems to be most effective against them.

CLS is a challenge but doable. I have only tried Boba lead. There’s not many CLS teams in my top 20.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    ^ Thank you, great post.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    My maxed Empire team was more consistent and could beat any team in arena (including the only Traya lead in my shard).

I play with Bounty Hunters because they are fun and I built them up a long time ago when they were arena viable back in the day.

Playing them is a struggle and stinks on defense. It’s a labor of love for me so that’s why I do it.

They are also fun in raids. Bossk and the new contracts adds a lot to their damage potential and survivability.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Having them for the bounty events is real nice too. You can earn 20 wampa shards per event! (Or IPD, or Rebel Hoth Leia, or Raid Han, or Paploo)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain thank you. Will watch them all when I have time. Im finding them fun.

Have you tried Zam yet? Given a little RNG her and greedo start alternating turns. I think with proper cadence that I have not figured out yet, they can go 3-5 turns in a row. Dengar would make it even better. Greedo gets 40% TM per detonator under Boba x up to 15.
    Also have you tried Greedo lead yet? He can get up to everyone over 300% crit damae and himslef to 340%. Mine are only g8/9 but Im having a blast with them and testi g them in GW right now.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Also have you tried Greedo lead yet? He can get up to everyone over 300% crit damae and himslef to 340%. Mine are only g8/9 but Im having a blast with them and testi g them in GW right now.
    I never bothered to level up Greedos leader, should I try it?
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

You just have to do your research. When they announced Bossk, they straight up said this rework was not intended for PvP (arena). Instead, it was geared towards raids, territory battles, etc. Before spending a lot of money you should have done your research, found out where they would be useful, and then gone for it if you were satisfied. There were a hundred videos after he was released saying that he was not good in arena. Also, the devs said he wouldn't be good in arena. So this isn't the game bull****ing you and getting you to spend money on bad toons. It's you not doing sufficient research and losing money. If nothing else, you learned for next time.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    I never bothered to level up Greedos leader, should I try it?

Dont know. That is why I am asking. ;) im going to test it in GW tonight though.