Bounty Hunter in Arena - total fail?

2Next

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    They are garbage in arena. Really good everywhere else.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Here are some videos I uploaded with my Bounty Hunters:

https://youtu.be/su2EYNqSLZc

https://youtu.be/g-zgby7lhjE

https://youtu.be/syhDJWvzgzA

Han is unfortunately necessary to take on EP teams with Vader.

Turn order is very important.

I have Greedo modded to go first after Han so he can dispel/reduce TM of whoever needs it (usually Thrawn).

Bounty Hunters will gain +15 speed from Han’s irresistible stun which helps for first turn advantage. Getting the contract fulfilled early is the biggest challenge and is key.

Bounty Hunters do NOT work against Traya lead whatsoever. It is a blood bath.

RJT teams are very tough. Bossk lead is the only squad that I have been able to beat JTR with and don’t plan on being able to activate the contract as BB-8 is usually the weakest toon and is very hard to pin down.

Rex is a challenge especially is Talzin and Wampa are on the team. Bossk lead seems to be most effective against them.

CLS is a challenge but doable. I have only tried Boba lead. There’s not many CLS teams in my top 20.

Hope this helps!

I'm glad this works on your shard. I'm glad this works for you. But I have to point out to protect people from being misled -- this is not normal. I really want these guys to be workable, but don't watch these videos and think you can do it. Here is why:

In both videos against EP, we see Han going first and stunning Vader. Great, that's normal for this type of team. Then, Greedo is next? Greedo? Grand Admiral Thrawn, of speed 150, is being outsped by Greedo of speed 134? So let's look at this.

First off, 259 on Greedo is pretty good modding. That's +125.

Here is the second EP person he is going against.

https://swgoh.gg/u/420747422@qq.com/

Thrawn is at..... +113, to 263. So how is that happening? It looks like his opponents are weakening their teams for Cain. Not exactly representative of a normal fight. If that's not the case, why is Greedo going first instead of Thrawn?

The first fight he does not show the person he is fighting, but the same is true. If Greedo is going first, then he has +16 mods better than his opponents, which is not accurate for a real opponent. The Thrawns in my shard are going 270 to 280. There seems to be a very noticeable mod advantage here that the vast majority of people will not have.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    All BH get +15 speed per debuffed enemy under Boba lead. Stun from Han = Debuff. Also once Greedo gets going with Thermal Detonators, he gets extremly fast. That is not what happened here, but dont underestimate him.

Also thinking people are demodding for these fights automatically earns you a tinfoil hat. ;)
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    All BH get +15 speed per debuffed enemy under Boba lead. Stun from Han = Debuff. Also once Greedo gets going with Thermal Detonators, he gets extremly fast. That is not what happened here, but dont underestimate him.

Also thinking people are demodding for these fights automatically earns you a tinfoil hat. ;)

Ahh, fair enough. I forgot about that aspect of a Boba lead. I will retract my comments then.

Also, regarding demodding, I've seen some pretty skewed videos before of people saying that their team is awesome and can beat anyone. It happens more than you think.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    OP summary: I spent a huge amount of money on a hammer so I could cut my sandwich, but it's not working. This hammer is worthless!
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Minowara wrote: »

I have Greedo modded to go first after Han so he can dispel/reduce TM of whoever needs it (usually Thrawn).

Bounty Hunters will gain +15 speed from Han’s irresistible stun which helps for first turn advantage. Getting the contract fulfilled early is the biggest challenge and is key.

RJT teams are very tough. Bossk lead is the only squad that I have been able to beat JTR with and don’t plan on being able to activate the contract as BB-8 is usually the weakest toon and is very hard to pin down.

Rex is a challenge especially is Talzin and Wampa are on the team. Bossk lead seems to be most effective against them.

CLS is a challenge but doable. I have only tried Boba lead. There’s not many CLS teams in my top 20.

Hope this helps!

I'm glad this works on your shard. I'm glad this works for you. But I have to point out to protect people from being misled -- this is not normal. I really want these guys to be workable, but don't watch these videos and think you can do it. Here is why:

In both videos against EP, we see Han going first and stunning Vader. Great, that's normal for this type of team. Then, Greedo is next? Greedo? Grand Admiral Thrawn, of speed 150, is being outsped by Greedo of speed 134? So let's look at this.

Thrawn is at..... +113, to 263. So how is that happening? It looks like his opponents are weakening their teams for Cain. Not exactly representative of a normal fight. If that's not the case, why is Greedo going first instead of Thrawn?

The first fight he does not show the person he is fighting, but the same is true. If Greedo is going first, then he has +16 mods better than his opponents, which is not accurate for a real opponent. The Thrawns in my shard are going 270 to 280. There seems to be a very noticeable mod advantage here that the vast majority of people will not have.

Man, you did your homework. I wouldn’t even know how to find myself on the .gg database, lol.

I can assure you mods were not taken off for me because no one even knew I was attacking them as I bought refreshes after payouts to test squad comps.

You are correct that my results are not typical and require good mods.

That is why in my next post I said Bounty Hunters are a downgrade from what I normally run (which is full Empire).

I am playing them because they are fun and I like playing Unique teams (part of why why I dropped $$$ on Bossk but not on Sion).

All that being said, I was able to climb to 1st on my arena shard with them (after payout of course). I pay money when I need to so I don’t worry about getting 500 crystals every day from squad arena but I like to know that I CAN be competitive at top arena.

There are definitely better squads to invest in. Just sharing my piece; do with it what you will ;)

• Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Minowara wrote: »

Hope this helps!

Man, you did your homework. I wouldn’t even know how to find myself on the .gg database, lol.

I can assure you mods were not taken off for me because no one even knew I was attacking them as I bought refreshes after payouts to test squad comps.

You are correct that my results are not typical and require good mods.

That is why in my next post I said Bounty Hunters are a downgrade from what I normally run (which is full Empire).

I am playing them because they are fun and I like playing Unique teams (part of why why I dropped $$$ on Bossk but not on Sion).

All that being said, I was able to climb to 1st on my arena shard with them (after payout of course). I pay money when I need to so I don’t worry about getting 500 crystals every day from squad arena but I like to know that I CAN be competitive at top arena.

There are definitely better squads to invest in. Just sharing my piece; do with it what you will ;)

Hey I'm with you. I got Bossk to 7* G12+3 within 1 hour of him being released in my time zone. I want them to succeed. Badly. I'm hoping we get another good BH in the Solo movie to help.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    @VonZant
    I’ve played around with Zam as well. In my opinion she’s still way better than IG-88 but Dengar’s kit is just too good to pass up.

On defense, Zam will use both of her AOE’s (which don’t do any damage) before she will use her basic. That coupled with a taunting tank basically makes her useless for reliable TM manipulation.

Even on offense it is a struggle as most teams have either Sion and/or GK so after blowing up the first DT’s on them, she can’t give any more TM because of taunt.

Dengar on the other hand is a beast. I don’t have his zeta nor do I plan to give him one because he is already last man standing when I lose a fight. Lots of survivability, he calls tons of assists, and his Mini Mine Mayhem not only does damage, it applies TD’s, Tenacity down, and removes TM if he gets enough crits.

In an ideal world, Zam would be in place of Han. I use her in raids and I will even use her if I am fighting a team that doesn’t need the Han stun.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

My only current beef is with the reworks is with IG-88.

In my opinion, IG-88 is a let down even with his rework. He is SUPER squishy, his damage is too dependent on debuffs, and while Target Lock is cool it doesn’t synergize with any of the other bounty Hunters.

Maybe they will release more BH’s that can make him shine.

Has anyone had more luck with him than me?

I don’t even like using him in Territory Battles...
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member

Hey I'm with you. I got Bossk to 7* G12+3 within 1 hour of him being released in my time zone. I want them to succeed. Badly. I'm hoping we get another good BH in the Solo movie to help.

Me too.

They have tons of potential. I think they are one solid character away from being a really squad.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Me too.

They have tons of potential. I think they are one solid character away from being a really squad.

@Gaidal_Cain As you can probably tell from my avatar, I vote Embo! His model is already in the game on Shoretroopers node anyway. Plus, hes a badass. Same eda as Zam and Cad too, so would be a good group to do together.

Edit: yeah not sure how the AI uses Zam. Probably not well. When you control her Greedo can remove taunt and then they exchange turns. I only have 2 star Dengar so not sure on him. 88 hits really hard and heal and ability blocks. Its not a lot, but using Boba Zam Greedo 88 and Cad - all g7 or g8, I can now finish the BH missions in TB. The target lock wirks well on the Wampas.