Can you add ads?

Chewy88
237 posts Member
I would be totally happy with adding ads to the game even though they suck. If it would help change monetize a bit more and give us some nice rewards like increase energy regeneration for a certain amount of time. Just throwing it out there. And I hope you might consider it.

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ads as a revenue stream are... dubious, and tend to only really be adequate or relevant for simple, smaller-scale games.

Also, the game is an ad. Pretty much everything Star Wars is a self-feeding hype engine in support of the brand. The next two characters we have confirmed, young Han and Chewie, are in no uncertain terms an advertisement for the Solo movie.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    People have issues with the in game pop ups for in game stuff. Pretty sure it would alienate the player base if they added those.

The game is a grind, its paced for a long life. It's ok. The grind is life.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    I would be totally happy with adding ads to the game even though they suck. If it would help change monetize a bit more and give us some nice rewards like increase energy regeneration for a certain amount of time. Just throwing it out there. And I hope you might consider it.

I like this idea. Maybe put it in the ships section of the games interface. Have a little holotable that lets you watch 15 - 60 second commercials that will replenish your energies. I would totally watch commercials to have more energy so I could still get zero drops from my pulls lol.