Emperor’s Demise Tier 3

ChickenFett139
1484 posts Member
edited May 2018
Beat the Tier 3 bonus with all GS11 Tarkin Lead, Vader, EP, Thrawn, Veers.

Killed ROLO and fractured CLS. Folded like cards.

Replies

• It was pretty easy. Did it with a G10 Thrawn lead with a G11 Vader, G10 Tarkin, G10 EP, and a G9 TFP.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    G12 Thrawn lead (the only lead I have levelled that's not EP), G11 Vader, G11 TFP, G10 EP, G10 Tarkin.

Lost twice (Thrawn lead's not the best because they don't apply a huge number of debuffs) but as soon as I got a chance to fracture CLS the rest went down pretty easy.

I like that they forced EP out of the lead here - at least I couldn't just hit auto like I can with literally every non-arena battle I use that team for
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • The key is fracturing Luke. Han is a threat only because of his stun on hit first move. CLS has ridiculous speed so Thrawn has to slow him. See, speed secondaries argument in other thread, then it’s just TM reduction on the rest.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Huh. I fractured Chewie to remove taunt, Culling Blade one-shot CLS. Rest was cake once EP got mass stun off without fear of counters.

(Also Thrawn lead)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Well doubt I'm doing that all my speed is on thrawn (who I can't use :disappointed: ) and everyone but vader died before I even got a move.

Other two did easy, 2*, 3* them. Can anyone check my swgoh is there anyway for me to do it (link below)? Before you check anyway looking at GMT, Vader, EP (duh), TFP and Storm. Got magma ready to promote but no way i'll get his abilities up.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Move some mods over? The credits from the event will fund switching them.

I'm not sure I could have done it without Fracture though.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Move some mods over? The credits from the event will fund switching them.

I'm not sure I could have done it without Fracture though.

If that's the case I don't mind missing out, didn't save up enough purple abilities to get ep maxed out and this was my first mythic anyway. Just wondering as I did the other one with barely any mods phoenix.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Beat the bonus event with zVeers g10, Shoretrooper g10, Death Trooper g11, Snowtrooper g11 and Palpatine g11. Shoretrooper soaked up most of the initial damages and was eliminated by CLS shortly after. In the meantime the trooper effect could kick in, Snow AOEed everyone and Death marked CLS. Palpatine died quickly as the useless geezer he always is. Veers, Snow and Death troopers were the last men standing.
  • I lost 2 troopers before I took turn. Palpatine lasted long enough to get his stun off. Tarkin held tough for a few turns. But gear 12 Vader destroyed them all.
  • murphsith
    205 posts Member
    Did with gear 11 Vader 10 tarkin 9 snow 8 tie pilot
  • murphsith
    205 posts Member
    murphsith wrote: »
    had potency mods on tarkin critical the rest
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    murphsith wrote: »

Tarkin or vader lead and how big of a difference did snow have over say ST?
  • murphsith
    205 posts Member
    The key is fracturing Luke. Han is a threat only because of his stun on hit first move. CLS has ridiculous speed so Thrawn has to slow him. See, speed secondaries argument in other thread, then it’s just TM reduction on the rest.
    Ability block him snow and vader
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Did it with Thrawn (g8) leader, Vader (g9), Palpatine (g10), Royal Guard (g9), Death Trooper (g9). Only Vader has a zeta, but since he's not leading it's not relevant.

I moved mods around to make it work, and there was a good amount of restarts, but I managed to 2* it (I 1*ed it last time, but for the life of me I have no idea how). All the Rebels give Vader a boatload of speed, so I was able to Force Crush and Culling Blade Biggs very fast, then deathmark and Fracture Luke (each hit from Fracture triggers deathmark's bonus damage) I forget if that killed him outright or if I needed another attack, but he went down soon enough.

More gear would make it a lot less RNG-dependent, but I have too many other things I'm prioritizing right now, so that'll have to wait. Besides, it's a weekend event, so I'll just retreat an retry until I get the right RNG seed. Which, for me and hopefully for you, means:
    1) Chewbacca doesn't taunt on his first turn.
    2) Attacks are distributed more or less evenly so no one is taken out without Royal Guard's taunt firing off.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.