Why does my guild ad keep getting deleted?

It's been several days now that we're trying to post a new guild ad in the April 2018 thread (since there isn't a new one).

First attempt got deleted in minutes, and we deduced it was because there was another ad for the same guild by another officer one month earlier and you considered it a dupe. Fair enough.

Second attempt, we went to the older post and attempted to edit it with the new text. Did it, got deleted, can't understand why.

Third attempt: since all of our ads had been deleted, I decided to post a new one. Read and read again the posting rules; our discord tags were there, and although I've seen many undeleted post with them I though they might be the cause for deletion. Removed them and reposted. Deleted in minutes. ****.

So the bottom line is: what on earth are we doing wrong? I've checked a dozen times the post and I can't see what might be wrong with it. Is it us? Is it you? Is it some dumb AI? Is it someone holding a grudge on us for some unexplicable reason?

I can provide the BB code used, just PM and ask.

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    SarcSennex wrote: »
    It's been several days now that we're trying to post a new guild ad in the April 2018 thread (since there isn't a new one).

First attempt got deleted in minutes, and we deduced it was because there was another ad for the same guild by another officer one month earlier and you considered it a dupe. Fair enough.

Second attempt, we went to the older post and attempted to edit it with the new text. Did it, got deleted, can't understand why.

Third attempt: since all of our ads had been deleted, I decided to post a new one. Read and read again the posting rules; our discord tags were there, and although I've seen many undeleted post with them I though they might be the cause for deletion. Removed them and reposted. Deleted in minutes. ****.

So the bottom line is: what on earth are we doing wrong? I've checked a dozen times the post and I can't see what might be wrong with it. Is it us? Is it you? Is it some dumb AI? Is it someone holding a grudge on us for some unexplicable reason?

I can provide the BB code used, just PM and ask.

I don't know if this is the case for your post specifically, but there is a "feature" on this forum where posts that have been edited too many times get temporarily removed awaiting "approval".

These awaiting approval posts seem to have a time limit wherein they get automatically approved after so long, otherwise you can try pming a mod directly and ask them to approve your post.

Whether or not this actually applies to your situation, in the future, you are probably better off asking a mod about this directly in a private message instead of making a thread about it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are not deleted. When you edit a post they will get pulled by the spam filter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When this happens you can tag a mod to get it back for you.

Also, you can ask us to delet an old post and you can make a new one, which sometimes helps
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There its back
This discussion has been closed.