Update to Timezone Change Policy for Extreme Changes Only [Mega]

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I just hope CG allows exceptions to the one time move for military members who are transferred to overseas duty stations and rotate between zones regularly. Even though I was stationed in Germany for years, I went TDY regularly and Blizzard was very happy to assist me. EA did the same with TOR and Galaxies.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I say do away with battle limits! I want to stay in first 24/7 365!!!
    Dr-Evils-Laughing.gif

Have you noticed that your shards mates gang up on you with that behaviour and you have to spend like mad on crystals?

Why can't everyone realise that if we work together we all get more rewards.

I'd always recommend finding your shard chat and working with the people around you. It actually enhances the game community when you work together
  • Ugh, figures they announce this a month before I'm moving from 11 hours away to 3 hours away. So, no win for me...
  • Allowing players to switch payout time twice a year at daylight savings time switches (in order to have same payout time all year long) would be the single biggest QoL adjustment to this game. Would do it in a heartbeat for 500 crystals a pop.
  • Omg this is the greatest news. Started playing in Taiwan living in Ireland now. Thank the gods
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Most people have to make a choice and game isn't on the top of the list.
    While moving is an obvious argument for changing payouts, what about the rest? Some of us have work, families, drive home, have to eat etc. In case you didn't notice, the game takes a HUGE amount of time these days. In fact, if one would want to do everything there is, it would take more than hardcore MMO requires. Plus this isn't the game when progression is fast-paced and it's over in few weeks. Takes, quite literally, years to reach the comfort zone and defeat the raid reliably - I'm basing this on HAAT history and nerfs you dropped to ensure the longevity of Sith raid. It is time-consuming each and every day, always.
    I think one-time change is a very good idea. I also think that restricting this to selected few and basing it on personal information you shouldn't even have access to without the explicit consent of the user (in the wake of EU GPDR), is a terrible idea.

In short: allow everyone to switch their times once, then if one wants to switch again - make him testify, demand proof, verify, investigate and whatnot. Please.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Switching payout time would be a godsend for me, just due to work schedule. Can't really think about competing while (serving) happy hour. The ability to possibly earn more free crystals would make me more willing and likely to also buy them. Kind of a "kitten me? No, kitten you" thought process, I guess.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dabro112 wrote: »
    DaGoMan wrote: »
    I have installed game while on vacation on Tokyo. But I live in Brazil, the other side of the world.
    For months I’ve missed PO (it’s 6am) until I finally managed to enter shard chat and negotiate with my shard mates. They are great and helped me stay at rank 2 everyday. I sit there for about 7h and nobody touches me, they even prevent snipers to hit me.
    So even tho I would be able to be more active during PO if I change it, if it’s gonna be 6pm, I may have worse income because I’ll be superbusy at work.... so I think CG should consider real life schedule as an important issue.
    Many players get upset by not being able to collect crystals and after a while, they move to Marvel game. So please, treat us well cause if you don’t, other game developers will learn from your weaknesses and steal your customers.

This is why shard chats should not be allowed he is protected though not active and active players are penalized. Great system.

Welcome to the forums. In the future, please think before typing. Thanks in advance.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @CG_Carrie I just reached out to EA help and got a quick response saying it’s still out of their hands to change time zones. I’m not interested in changing for arena purposes but more so I can collect the bonus energy that comes through now at 02:30.
    Any way I can forward my original email to someone who’ll know what to do? I’ve just been told they would help if they could, but here is 100 crystals for your trouble.

I’ve registered only to enquire about this as it’s the biggest QoL update possible for me ingame. So cheers for taking steps to remedy this!
  • Glitzerlord
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    they payout system is wrong andit should be changed completly.

on our shard 20/50 people in top50 got same payout. Its just unfair. theres nothing enjoyable in there.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Instead of one-time only, I would like to “pay” like 20k crystals to be able to choose my PO hour, regardless of timezone. Even if it was limited by 1 time each 3 months, or something like that. People has different avaiable time to play, again, regardless their timezone.
    Be pro-gamers, and gamers will still playing. We love it, don’t let us fall in love by Marvel
  • Great, this is definitely a step in the right direction. As someone who picked up this game overseas and has a 0300 payout, great news. Not sure how I feel about giving out “proofs” of where I live to people I don’t know, though. Not looking forward to another Experian situation...
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    I'm with those who fail to see any way this can be exploited if it's a one time thing. Hell, even if it was a monthly thing. It's not that hard to toss in a check to query your last payout time and make sure you can't get a payout after 15 hours instead of 24. If you wanna change it, it kicks in the other way and you have to wait 33 hours for your next payout.

I think a smart move would be being able to pick your payout time. It's not a news flash that different people have schedules. Just because people live in the same timezone doesn't mean they have time at the same time as everyone else. Noon and 6pm tend to suck for the guy working the midnight shift. 6pm and midnight suck for the guy on the day shift, etc. That doesn't including family schedules, etc.

I can't imagine the number of people who move 4 timezone in one shot is large. It would have to be pretty small frankly. You can accomplish it without leaving the country in maybe 4 countries. US (only if alaska or hawaii is involved), Canada, and maybe russia and china. People move internationally, sure, but it's not that common.

I guess I should be happy mine only shifted 1 hour at DST. I liked the old Noon/6pm schedule better, but at the US DST it shifted up to 1pm/7pm. I thought it'd shift back a month later when the rest of the worlds DST kicked in as well, but no. So i'm not sure what mine shifted at all then.

Still, i can't see the harm in setting your own time. As noted, it's not hard to make sure it can't be exploited. Simplest case to block that is stick in a 24 hour delay. Wanna change your schedule? Knock your self out, it comes with a 24 hour penalty. I'm sure those in bad situations will have little to no problem losing a day to get the schedule they want.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    cboath7 wrote: »
    I'm with those who fail to see any way this can be exploited if it's a one time thing. Hell, even if it was a monthly thing. It's not that hard to toss in a check to query your last payout time and make sure you can't get a payout after 15 hours instead of 24. If you wanna change it, it kicks in the other way and you have to wait 33 hours for your next payout.

I think a smart move would be being able to pick your payout time. It's not a news flash that different people have schedules. Just because people live in the same timezone doesn't mean they have time at the same time as everyone else. Noon and 6pm tend to suck for the guy working the midnight shift. 6pm and midnight suck for the guy on the day shift, etc. That doesn't including family schedules, etc.

I can't imagine the number of people who move 4 timezone in one shot is large. It would have to be pretty small frankly. You can accomplish it without leaving the country in maybe 4 countries. US (only if alaska or hawaii is involved), Canada, and maybe russia and china. People move internationally, sure, but it's not that common.

I guess I should be happy mine only shifted 1 hour at DST. I liked the old Noon/6pm schedule better, but at the US DST it shifted up to 1pm/7pm. I thought it'd shift back a month later when the rest of the worlds DST kicked in as well, but no. So i'm not sure what mine shifted at all then.

Still, i can't see the harm in setting your own time. As noted, it's not hard to make sure it can't be exploited. Simplest case to block that is stick in a 24 hour delay. Wanna change your schedule? Knock your self out, it comes with a 24 hour penalty. I'm sure those in bad situations will have little to no problem losing a day to get the schedule they want.

Just a simple example, but the entire shard chat for a shard divides up the hours they want splitting or making small groups that now lock out more of the day and increase the overall crystal PO across a shard.

It's not hard to see how it could be exploited, in ways that would be more of a detriment to the shard, and to "the economy" of the game.

Is that the worst thing for the game, no probably not. Is this a step in the right direction, yes. Is this a sign of things that may change in the future, maybe.

Overall it's a good thing. IMHO
  • The only problem I currently have is when Daylight Savings Time came around, my payout, reset, everything changed. Instead of the clock in-game going back with my timezone, it stayed the same and is now one hour ahead. Reset for our time zone EST now 1am instead of midnight. Our store resets (including energy resets) are now at 7am, 1pm, 7pm, 10pm. Is there anyway you guys can fix this for those of us in the Eastern Timezone? It is getting really annoying having reset at 1am when it does make a huge different from midnight since I do need sleep, and have busy days.
  • I would need to move 4 timezones away for a convenient payout time in the 1st place.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Right now, I'm synced to California time. When it comes time to scrap for position right before my payout, I have to compete with all the California players in my shard, which is presumably substantially more than 1/24th of the players in it.

If I could shift my payout two time zones to the left, to Hawaii time, I would have far fewer direct competitors.
    Still not a he.
  • Captain
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I was incorrectly placed in the Eastern time zone when I started the game a few years ago. I have not been out there within the last few years. I live in the Mountain Standard timezone and they said I was unable to change it. This is unfair because they incorrectly put me in that timezone to start off with.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Just a simple example, but the entire shard chat for a shard divides up the hours they want splitting or making small groups that now lock out more of the day and increase the overall crystal PO across a shard.

It's not hard to see how it could be exploited, in ways that would be more of a detriment to the shard, and to "the economy" of the game.

Is that the worst thing for the game, no probably not. Is this a step in the right direction, yes. Is this a sign of things that may change in the future, maybe.

Isn't that what a "Shard chat" is now?

Currently:
    forced into a group
    Picking your own time:
    Chose your group

I really don't see a difference other than the actual people in the group. Still small groups locking out payouts throughout the day only difference would be you get to pick your time.

You should be able to pick your time. They (CG) would probably get the more activity in arena if they actually let people pick their time.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Been waiting for this for a long time... I moved from Hawaii, where I started the game, to the east coast (5 or 6 hour change depending on DST; Hawaii has no DST). But if it's a one time only thing I'm going to keep "suffering" with my 1:00 AM fleet payout because I move around a lot and in about four months I could be moving back west.

(I say "suffering" in quotes because I have a sense of perspective and realize that this is just a cell phone game)

See, I want to move to Hawaii. Went there last year, and it was amazing for SWGoH (I live US Central). My "afternoon" bonus energy was at 7am, arena was at 2pm, and then my entire night was free.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I say do away with battle limits! I want to stay in first 24/7 365!!!
    Dr-Evils-Laughing.gif

Have you noticed that your shards mates gang up on you with that behaviour and you have to spend like mad on crystals?

Why can't everyone realise that if we work together we all get more rewards.

I'd always recommend finding your shard chat and working with the people around you. It actually enhances the game community when you work together

That was joke. Someone had mentioned removing the 5 minute limit on arena battles, which means I could take 1st, then enter a battle and never leave it...ever.
    I'm in my shard chat with a bunch of awesome dudes.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

That was joke. Someone had mentioned removing the 5 minute limit on arena battles, which means I could take 1st, then enter a battle and never leave it...ever.
    I'm in my shard chat with a bunch of awesome dudes.

Phew... You had me worried there
  • Be good to fix issues like daylight saving time also. When i started it was 12 pm reset not its 1am reset then when clocks change its 12pm again
  • Get rid of all payout times. Highest ranking each day earns your reward. Take your run at it when its convenient for life. Problem solved.

You can still have your collusion to reach higher rankings in your shard chat if you want that.
    You can still spend crystals to push higher in rankings when needed, and arguably more likely to do so as you know its not a waste of time on those days where you cant be on exactly in the run up to payout time.

Is there any legitimate reason to not change rewards to a system like this?
  • How about anyone who has spent in excess of 1-2 grand (or whatever you want to make the cutoff) gets to choose their payout
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    The only problem I currently have is when Daylight Savings Time came around, my payout, reset, everything changed. Instead of the clock in-game going back with my timezone, it stayed the same and is now one hour ahead. Reset for our time zone EST now 1am instead of midnight. Our store resets (including energy resets) are now at 7am, 1pm, 7pm, 10pm. Is there anyway you guys can fix this for those of us in the Eastern Timezone? It is getting really annoying having reset at 1am when it does make a huge different from midnight since I do need sleep, and have busy days.

Same thing happened for central, too
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The only problem I currently have is when Daylight Savings Time came around, my payout, reset, everything changed. Instead of the clock in-game going back with my timezone, it stayed the same and is now one hour ahead. Reset for our time zone EST now 1am instead of midnight. Our store resets (including energy resets) are now at 7am, 1pm, 7pm, 10pm. Is there anyway you guys can fix this for those of us in the Eastern Timezone? It is getting really annoying having reset at 1am when it does make a huge different from midnight since I do need sleep, and have busy days.

Yeah because it is only the eastern timezone affected by this and not the entire world that has many that observes DST at different times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

Currently:
    forced into a group
    Picking your own time:
    Chose your group

I really don't see a difference other than the actual people in the group. Still small groups locking out payouts throughout the day only difference would be you get to pick your time.

You should be able to pick your time. They (CG) would probably get the more activity in arena if they actually let people pick their time.

Firstly not all groups do anything other than avoid each other to not have to refresh as often.

But no shard chats can't pick PO times, so no there is no control at all by the shard group unless they want to actively try to do something.

If they could pick PO times they could and would make it worse, if they were so inclined.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Currently:
    forced into a group
    Picking your own time:
    Chose your group

Firstly not all groups do anything other than avoid each other to not have to refresh as often.

But no shard chats can't pick PO times, so no there is no control at all by the shard group unless they want to actively try to do something.

If they could pick PO times they could and would make it worse, if they were so inclined.

not all shard chats are a like however I know many that have pretty much all the payouts covered and those that aren't covered are still controlled by the group. So again the only difference between now and a "possible then" is picking which group you may want to be in. With the bringing in of this new chat feature there is going to be even more payouts controlled by groups. It is proven by CG that shard chats and controlling payouts with locking is not an exploit since exploits are not allowed, so using the "controlling of payouts" as a way of exploiting picking your own payout is a bad one IMO.

IMO whoever decided 1800/1900 as payout time with the rank swapping made a very bad decision. Just using averages this is right at the end of the workday for the majority of people around the world, yes I know many people work different schedules however there is still probably a larger number that 1700/1800 is right at the end of the work day.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    I just hope CG allows exceptions to the one time move for military members who are transferred to overseas duty stations and rotate between zones regularly. Even though I was stationed in Germany for years, I went TDY regularly and Blizzard was very happy to assist me. EA did the same with TOR and Galaxies.
    We are working in steps here, and it's a little bumpy on the first one, but that most certainly will be the next one. Thank you for your service.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes