[F2P] [PvP] [AoE squad help]

Islindur
38 posts Member
edited December 2015
So...today I lost vs Aoes and I started to wonder: maybe it's a good route to follow in pvp?
Atm I got: Sid 4* (soon 5*), Dooku 4* (started to farm him to 5), Lumi 4* (soon 5), JC 3*, Chewie 4* (will be out, want to sub Kylo here when I will be able to farm him). Yes they got pretty lucky that game but it was my 4th loss in general in pvp.

So...maybe I shall start building AoE squad? But will it viable at higher pvp tier (let's say top200-100) without Maul? I was thinking about something like: Sid (aoe dot), Lumi (heals), Phasma (speed down), HK-47 (abi block), IG-88 (abi block). Maybe swap sum1 later for Kylo if he will will be farmable 4c.

Or Maybe keep Lumi, Sid, Dooku core (i rrrly luv him, so usefull :3 ) and add here 2 Aoe, like Phasma+Kylo or Phasm + IG or HK+IG... some mix of them.

Thoughts? ThX for help :)

Replies

• THat's good idea. Haven't seen full AOE squad yet but sounds cool. Without Maul the squad seems boring but HK and IG provide so much needed abi block that actually i think that you will have success
  • Islindur wrote: »
    So...today I lost vs Aoes and I started to wonder: maybe it's a good route to follow in pvp?
    Atm I got: Sid 4* (soon 5*), Dooku 4* (started to farm him to 5), Lumi 4* (soon 5), JC 3*, Chewie 4* (will be out, want to sub Kylo here when I will be able to farm him). Yes they got pretty lucky that game but it was my 4th loss in general in pvp.

So...maybe I shall start building AoE squad? But will it viable at higher pvp tier (let's say top200-100) without Maul? I was thinking about something like: Sid (aoe dot), Lumi (heals), Phasma (speed down), HK-47 (abi block), IG-88 (abi block). Maybe swap sum1 later for Kylo if he will will be farmable 4c.

Or Maybe keep Lumi, Sid, Dooku core (i rrrly luv him, so usefull :3 ) and add here 2 Aoe, like Phasma+Kylo or Phasm + IG or HK+IG... some mix of them.

Consider boba fett as he's farm able and have a good aoe with revive
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Up Up ! Need more opinions :) Shall switch to AoE's, make a mix or stick with my single target squad :) It's important decision for f2p coz farming them will take some time and as the game grows competition will be stronger and stronger... ;)
    Y I considered Boba but cantina shards are so slooooooow =/
    Up Up ! Need more opinions :) Shall switch to AoE's, make a mix or stick with my single target squad :) It's important decision for f2p coz farming them will take some time and as the game grows competition will be stronger and stronger... ;)
    Y I considered Boba but cantina shards are so slooooooow =/

I got lucky and pulled a Bobba from a bronzium pack. His aoe does pretty decent damage+ability block, but honestly I miss the burst dps I got from my resistance troopers. They nerfed troopers and pilots badly.
  • But Boba is hard to farm...everything is hard to farm for cantian shards for me :pensive:
    Or maybe I shall try to farm Kylo and swap for Chewie and that's it ?
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    In my experience, Dooku is only good against jedi. He always acts first so you have a good chance to stun your enemy Jedi. Otherwise he doesn't do too much damages. Plus he is too difficult to farm. So I don't think he is a good piece in an aoe team.

If you want aoe heroes that are farmable, dathcha, ig 88, Sid, are good choices. phasma and kylo are new. They could be very good but are not yet tested.

I personally don't like slow aoe heroes such as fett and Hk47 because ur opponent might ability block them first
  • Chewdoka
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think this would be a sweet AoE F2P team with the current meta and fast to build.

Phasma Leader - GW shipment
    Sid - Arena shipment
    kylo - cantina 4-c
    Poe Dameron - taunt and exposes team for extra damage on next AoE cantina shipment
    datcha - last mission on cantina lvl 2.. Farm him early while you level up then swap to kylo Ren when you get high enough level to open stage 4
  • Kylo grind will take ages for f2p like me I guess, dunno if I shall even start...still, need 5 more lvls to unlock 4th tier on cantina.
  • Farmable aoe team: Boba/Sid/IG88/Kylo/Phasma

Solid team with two possible aoe ability blocks. Completely attainable in game.

Now if you can add Lando your team gets around 80% better. Lando is much like Kylo with the possibility of having the AOE available after every turn. Pair Kylo and Lando together and its magic. Stay away from Darth Maul. At 7* he still gets murdered in the first turn making him useless due to slow speed.

Maul does fantastic damage but he's a glass cannon and you can only promote him through random Chromium drops so I'm moving away from him.

I have HK at 4*, almost VII gear and ability 4 or regular attack, ability 3 on special and he's a super droid, tanky and especially effective against Jedi.
    That said, Doids work better in teams so I switch between HK and Oppress on my PvP Squad for the 5th spot depending on who I'm fighting (I'm usually in the teens to 20's on my server so I'm familiar with most of the opponents I have to face as I see them a lot.

I'm slowly advancing my IG-88 and he's great in GW as a second stringer until I can invest more in him. I have Lobot so I ultimately plan to have a droid team led by him for GW and for cantina battles when I feel like a change or the opposition warrants it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Farmable aoe team: Boba/Sid/IG88/Kylo/Phasma

Solid team with two possible aoe ability blocks. Completely attainable in game.

Now if you can add Lando your team gets around 80% better. Lando is much like Kylo with the possibility of having the AOE available after every turn. Pair Kylo and Lando together and its magic. Stay away from Darth Maul. At 7* he still gets murdered in the first turn making him useless due to slow speed.

Ofc I can't add Lando ;) How about HK instead Kylo? I'm hyped to get him but it will be soooo sloooow that I may leave this concept....