State of the Galaxy 5/11/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Ploosh wrote: »
    When will challenge rewards be removed from Heroic Raids?

Yeah I think at this point we're all way too afraid to ask for challenge gear to be removed after the nerf of the sith raid rewards. I can't imagine how haat rewards could get any worse, but if they nerf the pit rewards like they did sith raid .....

One idea could be to remove gear, increase coins, add more gear to the stores.Then you buy what you need only.
  • I would be fine with a major increase in guild raid tokens, put complete gear pieces in the store and let me buy what I want, rather than this RNG lottery
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    So, basically, "remove challenge gear--but not the challenge gear I need. Just the others."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If they make haat or pit raid rewards worse then they might as well just come out and say they want people to quit. It’s already ridiculous.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    For clarity. The update will occur between now and the 26th?
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »
    For clarity. The update will occur between now and the 26th?

The update will occur between the 21st and 26th.
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @CG_Carrie How dare you sully the name of our favorite dead princess by sullying her name with such sully? I demand that you retract such sullification while sullying us with less sully sulliciously.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Qvwste wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie How dare you sully the name of our favorite dead princess by sullying her name with such sully? I demand that you retract such sullification while sullying us with less sully sulliciously.
    Her real name is Carrie.... Shocking how more than one person can share the same name, huh :confused:
  • I'm surprised there isn't much writing on this megathread.

Carrie did a good job apologizing where she didn't necessarily need to (Rebel Roundup date moving) but still showing that they cared about it and were aware. She addressed many issues (although not all) that have bothered us as a whole, and even hinted at when the update would come in, two weeks from now, which is something we like to know. We also know new characters are coming (update coincides with Solo movie, new Han and Chewie and all) and with the ships, chat, titles, a new Community Manager, and all that great stuff, it needs to be recognized. Thank you!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Here's hoping for more "What's next" now that we have a new Community Manager
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie can someone update the event calendar please with the new LSTB date? Or whatever event it was that moved
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    no its for 1 special shard only
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Nope, there is a massive ship shard that is getting broken up/shuffled because it is ridiculous. That's all.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Yep you is cray cray.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    No, I'm crazy.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Any news on why the character shard drop rate has gone down? I understand RNG, but it feels like ever since the BH update, shard drop rate has become the worst that I can remember since the beginning of this game.

Conspiracy hats on for this one: Does anyone here think that they nerf shard drop rates without telling us?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Why not fix the problem and just get rid of payout times? Instead, reward players based on their max rank for the day.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Why not fix the problem and just get rid of payout times? Instead, reward players based on their max rank for the day.
    Because that's even more collusion-rewarding.
    Jayngo wrote: »
    Conspiracy hats on for this one: Does anyone here think that they nerf shard drop rates without telling us?
    Yes, lots of people think that.
    No, they don't do it.
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nothing about the 2 newg12 pieces they talked about?
    And why do we get no G13, lvl cap or 6 dot mods?
    If you plan doing more gear Level, what are you doing with the 7* gate for G12?
    If you keep that gate marquee events and everything not 7* is useless.
    Just saying, think about the future of the game.
    Because none of this is real and it's all speculative.
  • Degs29 wrote: »

I think most shards top 50 are collusion-y now. Not the newer ones... for now. I don’t mean that to have a negative connotation either. Shard chat is great. There has to be some way for arena to work with out people taking advantage of it with out it being 7 or 8 pm. There are way too many good thinkers here not to figure out something.
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Qvwste wrote: »
    Her real name is Carrie.... Shocking how more than one person can share the same name, huh :confused:

actually it's shocking you took that post seriously.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member

I think most shards top 50 are collusion-y now. Not the newer ones... for now. I don’t mean that to have a negative connotation either. Shard chat is great. There has to be some way for arena to work with out people taking advantage of it with out it being 7 or 8 pm. There are way too many good thinkers here not to figure out something.

Randomize arenas every couple months for people who started at a similar time. People could still collude, but it gives people a chance to take control every couple months, but also makes it less likely that people will, as it takes a bit of effort to find all new people every now and then. And would give us all new people to fight against.
  • Ploosh wrote: »

Randomize arenas every couple months for people who started at a similar time. People could still collude, but it gives people a chance to take control every couple months, but also makes it less likely that people will, as it takes a bit of effort to find all new people every now and then. And would give us all new people to fight against.

Not being a naysayer at all. Just that the fact Carrie even brought it up as someone they are “looking into” is huge. I believe on the Q and A she said there are 0 plans for it.
    So I think that movement of players and shards would be more work on the devs part. Maybe. I think they are looking to help players out for a one time fix.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »

Eh. That’s overkill. For folks that finish top 200 or so, shaking up leaderboards occasionally would lead to a drop. We are where we are largely because our leaderboards have depopulated over time. We’re not interested in being #1, but we don’t want to suddenly plummet to #500, either.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »

Eh. That’s overkill. For folks that finish top 200 or so, shaking up leaderboards occasionally would lead to a drop. We are where we are largely because our leaderboards have depopulated over time. We’re not interested in being #1, but we don’t want to suddenly plummet to #500, either.

Haha yeah, just trying to think outside the box! If they randomized, it would still be drawing from the same pool of people, so you'd have the same number of inactives and whales on average, but might be some better and worse months, rng depending.

Regardless I'm super supportive that they're offering the change and slowly introducing it. It's probably the healthiest thing for the community, to slowly introduce it, so there's not any huge exploits that can't be undone.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Anybody else notice CG Carrie just proclaimed herself as the Arbiter...
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    Anybody else notice CG Carrie just proclaimed herself as the Arbiter...

It was bestowed upon her by the Covenant Elites.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2018