Making a return

Hi

I am returning after about 18 months away, my teams used to be very strong and the guild I was leading was working through the tank raid.

I left mainly because the grind was too much.

I have returned primarily as a f2p non guild player and just want to have fun and build some teams

There seems to have been a fair amount of additions and changes

What constitutes a fairly strong/competitive team for general play/arena/starships?

What is the credit earning potential like now a days? Before I left it was quite dire but slowly improving

Thanks

Replies

• Hey,
    Firstly if you need a casual guild - Iconink have a space

Arena play right now is dominated by Vader/Palp and the Sith. I also still see Rebel (CLS) here and there and Jedi Rey.

Ships, although will be changing soon, is focused right now on Chimera (Capital), Biggs, and the TIE lot

Credit earning potential is quicker now I believe. There's generally a credit heist every 10-14 days or so (don't quote the number, but its relatively frequently).

• Emmant
    93 posts Member
    It really depends on where you are in terms of what teams you already have, and which arena shard / fleet shard you are in.

Also, your request is pretty generic, so there can possibly be quite a few different answers based on subjective opinion (people valuing one aspect (general play vs arena vs starships) different

In my opinion if I had to chose a single team to cover them all it would probably be a rebel team including wiggs. Biggs starship is incredible, Wedges leader will get you quite far in many game modes - If you add Han Solo, CLS +1 you will have a burst team that can win on offense in arena vs. many teams.

If you were to value arena higher, the current meta favors palpatine led empire/sith teams - They are not a bad choice long tearm I think even though the meta may shift fairly soon

You will probably need to manage your expectations for a while, seeing if you are FTP and you want to play catch-up in an old shard you are behind on points.

As for credits, I believe it's about the same? - You still need to prioritise the order of which characters you level up, which mods you upgrade and so forth - Depending on your "game lifecycle" credits is not the big bottle neck. at some points certain gear feels like it, for others it might be zeta/omega ability mats, for some it's character shards (vets required for rey (jedi training) and so forth.

Was this an answer? heh...

• Welcome back. You make in general 1 million credits a day at 85, and occasionally a few million more if there's an event that you have the time for.

If you need a casual competitive guild, look me up.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mugami2877/

Ally code 622-366-863
  • If you left because it was a grind, and you're coming back now as F2P and not wanting a guild, maybe you've come back to the wrong game.

Casual and competitive don't really belong in the same mindset.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I’ll also take a moment to advertise our guild: R0gu3 One.

We’re a very casual guild that just started clearing Heroic Pit. We’re not asking anything from our members, just to have fun. You participate only if you want to. So, it could help you get some gears.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    HunterB wrote: »
    Hi

I am returning after about 18 months away, my teams used to be very strong and the guild I was leading was working through the tank raid.

I left mainly because the grind was too much.

I have returned primarily as a f2p non guild player and just want to have fun and build some teams

There seems to have been a fair amount of additions and changes

What constitutes a fairly strong/competitive team for general play/arena/starships?

What is the credit earning potential like now a days? Before I left it was quite dire but slowly improving

Thanks

Depends on how competitive you want to be. If you want to get back in the top 100 of your arena shard after a year and a half break, you’ll need to farm mods like crazy to make your characters faster (+100 additional speed on each character from mods), then farm specific teams and do lots of raids to get legendary characters, which will also require joining a competitive guild and being very active. It sounds like you did that before and don’t want to do that now.

But if you are satisfied with advancing a little in rank in your current arena and fleet arena, and theory crafting to find teams you like, then you can do that. Som popular teams now include Empire/Sith teams led by Emperor Palpatine (requires a full Rebel team to unlock), Rebel teams led by Commander Luke Skywalker (requires a full Empire team to unlock R2D2, as well as Farmboy Luke, Stormtrooper Han, Princess Leia, and Old Ben to unlock), and Resistance teams led by Jedi Training Rey (requires a full First Order team to unlock BB-8, as well as Scavenger Rey, Finn, Veteran Smuggler Han Solo, and Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca to unlock).

Fleet is about to get a comprehensive rework, so the teams that work now may or may not work in a week from now. But right now, the general strategy is to gather powerful ships that can target lock with Biggs, who gets protection recovery from target locks.
  • Thanks for the replies
    I shall have a look at the casual guilds mentioned, I am so far just hopping on doing the dailies and a few extra bits.
    The grind was more the guild I helped run basically had heroic pit on farm, we ran it a few times a week and had the whole thing done in about half an hour to an hour and most (including myself) were capable of soloing 3/4 phases. Got a 7* Solo from it :) (the guild was the seven star Sids run by me and a RL friend called cloud)
    That is not a level of play I want to go back to to be honest as I just do not have the time now a days.
    As for being competitive it is not so much wanting to push the high ranks just get some wins and get back to finishing galactic war on a semi regular basis. Looks like to get the high rank teams I need a team for most groups. Some I have some I don’t.
    They started doing the credit heist a few months before I left, it was good if a little bit RNG with the amounts
    Looks like some steady work ahead of me, at least I am not in a big rush just have some big gaps to fill.