Kit Reveal: Vandor Chewbacca

GAWS
3 posts Member
edited May 2018
UNIT NAME: Vandor Chewbacca
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Scoundrel, Tank
Aggressive Scoundrel Tank that provides Protection Recovery for his allies when they are attacked

lcggkhibmic3.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: UNCHAINED
5qi535v09zte.gif

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If it's Chewbacca's turn, he also gains Advantage for 2 turns. This attack ignores Defense.

Special 1: FREEDOM FIGHTER (Cooldown 4)
xq03ovdpia06.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice. This attack deals damage based on Chewbacca's Max Health instead of his Attack Damage. Target other ally Recovers Health equal to 50% of the damage dealt. Then, Chewbacca and target other ally gain Protection Up (30%) for 2 turns.
Prepared: This attack deals double damage. Chewbacca Recovers Health equal to 50% of the damage dealt. Reduce this ability's Cooldown by 2, and all Prepared allies gain Protection Up (30%) for 2 turns.

Unique 1: THE BEAST
FINAL TEXT: Chewbacca has -25% Max Protection, but +75% Max Health. In addition, all enemies deal -25% damage while Chewbacca is buffed.

Unique 2: FEROCIOUS PROTECTOR
FINAL TEXT: While Chewbacca is buffed, he has +100% Counter Chance. At the end of each turn while Chewbacca is buffed, if any ally took damage from an attack that turn and Chewbacca didn't, Chewbacca recovers Protection equal to 10% of his Max Health, and other Scoundrel allies recover half of that amount. When Chewbacca recovers to Max Protection, he becomes Prepared. When another Light side Scoundrel ally is defeated, if Chewbacca is Prepared, Revive that ally at 60% Health, then Chewbacca is no longer Prepared.

Fun Fact:
Vandor Chewbacca was originally part of the smuggler faction. The Smugglers tag was a part of an earlier version of the character and wont be added until we have a solid gameplay reason to do so
Post edited by GAWS on

Replies

• Raymundo2387
    138 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Love the goggles on Chewie
  • What about something like contracts for smugglers
  • I would love the numbers....like in the past...the animations and ability's are nice but we need to see how they preform....preferably against traya
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Observation: Hes not using a bowcaster. WHY YOU SPOILY MAH MOVIEH?

His kit looks awesome. Scoundrels now have heal, protection up, and a revive. Since All BH are scoundrels, this is going to create some crazy combos. IG88s and Raid Hans that dont die to a stiff wind might get scary.
  • VonZant wrote: »

His kit looks awesome. Scoundrels now have heal, protection up, and a revive. Since All BH are scoundrels, this is going to create some crazy combos. IG88s and Raid Hans that dont die to a stiff wind might get scary.

IG-88 can't revive, he's not Light Side, but yeah Raid Han that revives.... that is rough. I don't think the rest of his kit is enough for Arena but in every other game mode will be very powerful and definitely scary
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    VonZant wrote: »

And dont forget vet han and chewie..
    Together all they need is someone whos leader buffs scoundrel...hmm?
  • VonZant wrote: »

You've seen "Solo"? ;)

Chewie looks very good, interesting.

• So a Lando lead? STH, Raid Han, new Chewie and new Han squad?
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    VonZant wrote: »

IG-88 can't revive, he's not Light Side, but yeah Raid Han that revives.... that is rough. I don't think the rest of his kit is enough for Arena but in every other game mode will be very powerful and definitely scary

Captin Han revives. I know its hard to remember with all of them lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Greedo has +50% crit damage scoundrel lead, Bobas and IG88s is universal. Cad has 20% evasion 25% TM scoundrel lead, I think.
  • Waiting for Chewbacca Squad? Release "Chewbacca" and Chewbacca Kid of The Clone Wars :)
  • Doesn't captain Han revive ppl as well?
  • Maybe Lando is the best lead for these new guys? I don't see DS scoundrels as being a good choice with these two?
  • Looks great!
  • Maybe Lando is the best lead for these new guys? I don't see DS scoundrels as being a good choice with these two?

I’m sure the new lando or woodie character will have a better leader ability
  • Ham_Solomi wrote: »
    ...woodie character...

Er...dunno what game you're playing mate! :wink:

• Why is he called vandor Chewbacca?
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Why is he called vandor Chewbacca?

I guess you'll have to watch the movie and find out.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The planet is Vandor. Makes no sense t-i-tling him that. Poor chewy... He has the worst title descriptions.

(T-i-t-l-e is r2-d2ed... Interesting)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Some of those abilities definitely look zeta-worthy. Any hints as to which ones? I'm guessing his two uniques (otherwise - power creep!)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ehosmer
    14 posts Member
    Guessing he meant woody. As in Woody Harrelson.
  • Ham_Solomi wrote: »
    ...woodie character...

Er...dunno what game you're playing mate! :wink:

Woody harrelsons character in Solo, not the cowboy... lol