New ALT account

Is there a minimum gear requirement for Phoenix to be able to easily run through GW?
I understand the more your roster grows, the tougher the opponents you face in GW can be. I haven't really played GW with my main since all the changes happened, so I don't know too much about the "new" set up. Thanks.

Replies

• Just so you are aware, if you’re not already, that Phoenix is very limited. They as a whole do not deal a lot of damage, which might be necessary in cases of both Arena and Galactic War. I’d honestly only use them for territory Battles and Thrawn. I’ve made it to 85 without using them, and the only reason I’m starting to grind them is for Thrawn.
  • Just so you are aware, if you’re not already, that Phoenix is very limited. They as a whole do not deal a lot of damage, which might be necessary in cases of both Arena and Galactic War. I’d honestly only use them for territory Battles and Thrawn. I’ve made it to 85 without using them, and the only reason I’m starting to grind them is for Thrawn.

Also they have a lot of gear in common, but for ease of farming and maxing GW rewards, its easier to get them early on as apposed to Imperial Troops, which is what I would want for GW. Zeta Veers with a decent trooper team can auto GW with little to no worry. But farming troops would take longer that a moderate phoenix team and I can also unlock Palpatine with them too.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    I just started a new alt about 10 days ago. I’ve been able to run through GW with Phoenix since day 3 of having it unlocked. Granted, that’s only 5 completions so far.
  • Phoenix does very well at the start of the game. They fall off quickly however as their ability to survive does little to increase the damage done. If you're using Phoenix, my advice would be to start casual farming the standard rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, either STH or SRP) to switch out with them before moving on to Empire/Sith
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I just started a new alt about 10 days ago. I’ve been able to run through GW with Phoenix since day 3 of having it unlocked. Granted, that’s only 5 completions so far.

I'm around the same, with today being the first day that I don't feel like I have struggled. I lost 2 characters in the 12th node. I think all mine are between 4 and 5. I would also like to add that I just unlocked all phoenix members as of yesterday, so I was curious as to a gear level for a beginning team.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

I'm around the same, with today being the first day that I don't feel like I have struggled. I lost 2 characters in the 12th node. I think all mine are between 4 and 5. I would also like to add that I just unlocked all phoenix members as of yesterday, so I was curious as to a gear level for a beginning team.

Mine are all G6 as of today, except Sabine who I still haven’t unlocked. All 4* except Hera at 3*. They work early game with the protection that no one else has.
  • Well, since one of the main reasons to have Phoenix is to get Thrawn (and Palp), you'll want them all at least G8 eventually, and more for certain toons. Obviously if you just unlocked GW you can't take them up to that gear level yet, but that's what you should strive for. If it were me starting over, I'd focus my gear on them until level 53 (you can complete G7 at that level), then start to build up other squads up (Scoundrels, Empire, Pilots, whatever) while chipping away at G8.