State of the Galaxy 5/11/18 [Mega]

13Next

Replies

• Tiali
    42 posts Member
    Could you move the Territory War instead of the Rebel Assault Territory Battle? Need more guild event tokens :p
  • I would just like to know what time the update is to go live. It would be nice for it to be before 3:30 eastern so I could download it using wifi and not struggle at home, waiting more than an hour.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie I was wondering about the new bot run guild set up you mentioned on one of the youtube channels. If I have a low level guild would I be able to switch it over to a bot run one when that releases?
  • Fingers crossed for the one time only time zone switch. Not for the ppl that move across country (which is awesome and about time)
    But for ppl like me that are up at the wee hours and is on a more euro time than est.

I agree with this. I work midnights and have for the past 5 months. 6 PM to 6 AM. I don't have time to try to maximize my arena payout by 6 PM. I COULD go finish around 350 or so in arena if I was able to do my battles before the payout. Instead I finish anywhere between 900-1100. It's very frustrating to know that, just because of my work schedule, I always finish way lower than my toons are capable of.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie I was wondering about the new bot run guild set up you mentioned on one of the youtube channels. If I have a low level guild would I be able to switch it over to a bot run one when that releases?
    I believe so. I’d need to check with QA and apologies I’m out of the office at a conference all week so my spare “forum time” is pretty much non-existent as I’m doing my work stuff at night BUT the newbie guild appropriate to your level should be available until level 84.

Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • I wish there was a way to re-org the arena shards based on spending. I have a family to support so I cannot drop hundreds a month on this game. I do support it and have spent around $100 in the last year to show my support and not try to play for free. However there are some big spenders in my group so I will never be able to compete. Now if you could put those big spenders into similar groups then they can try to out purchase each other and may even spend more as it will take more to be in the top..

I know they took away the 3 week drop of extra crystals but is there some kind of subscription service we can have for a low level spender like me. Say $5 a month and the daily drop is doubled or the drop rates increase by 10% or something so I can support the game without going overboard and still afford to feed my family. Maybe even extra characters in the stores. I know alot of people that would pay $5 to have someone new in the Galactic War Store.

Just somethings to ponder.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I wish there was a way to re-org the arena shards based on spending. I have a family to support so I cannot drop hundreds a month on this game. I do support it and have spent around $100 in the last year to show my support and not try to play for free. However there are some big spenders in my group so I will never be able to compete.

IMO you just need to adjust what you consider "competing." If you don't have the time or resources to compete in arena, put more effort into other parts of the game. For instance, you can build some really solid STR teams without spending a dime. Yes, it takes longer without as much crystal income, but it's not like this game has a deadline.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to re-org the arena shards based on spending. I have a family to support so I cannot drop hundreds a month on this game. I do support it and have spent around $100 in the last year to show my support and not try to play for free. However there are some big spenders in my group so I will never be able to compete.

IMO you just need to adjust what you consider "competing." If you don't have the time or resources to compete in arena, put more effort into other parts of the game. For instance, you can build some really solid STR teams without spending a dime. Yes, it takes longer without as much crystal income, but it's not like this game has a deadline.

That all depends on when the servers get shut off. lol. But good point on the arena. STR?
  • I do not mind spending the time to farm the characters I actually think that is part of the fun of the game and buying them outright would lose that sense of accomplishment. I started the game a year after most so I am used to playing catch-up in the game so even though there is no deadline in the game I am in a situation where I am working on older characters while new characters come in. I understand a lot of the users on the message board do not have this issue and have more maxed rosters then me and that is fine. Some people may even say I am competitive as I am around 500 in arena and 100 in fleet. However with achievements for winning so many battles it is hard to complete them unless I tank my team and fall a few thousand places and fight my way back up which will cost me the daily rewards I get now. I know there has to be a balance for older and newer players as you do not want to lose your core but you also need to entice new players to join which is hard to do now. All this rambling being said I was making a suggestion that might make more players feel the odds were more even. I don't expect it to happen as all the big spenders would complain they cannot buy their way to victory as easy anymore.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That all depends on when the servers get shut off. lol. But good point on the arena. STR?

Sith raid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Sith raid.

Thanks. You know how I am with the acronyms.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Is almost completely insane the we've been for more than a year having a HUGE disadvantage against player on others shards and we got no compensation AT ALL.
    I've been struggling a lot to be on top 500 on this shard. Lazy players from my guild with one battle got top 50 easily.
    More than a year of bad rewards means almost 350.000 ship store's currency less than other players.

It means more or less 8 zeta sets. The game IS UNBALANCED. Ppl on other shards are already enjoying and enforcing their better rewards on PvP arena, and we are struggling on this.

You OWN us. At least 400.000 tokens as compensation... ONLY TO GET CLOSE to the others, it won't balance the game anymore.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    You know how I am with the acronyms.
    Nope, haywa? ;)

• I dunno, perhaps he had a CRAFT moment...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    AndyG_Doh wrote: »
    I dunno, perhaps he had a CRAFT moment...

A perfectly cromulent acronym.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Not going to lie the one single ship shard change is not cool no matter how competitive it is. So you drop 300 places in a few hours ? Who cares ? That's SWGOH.. that's life. Some shards are more competitive than others...
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    That's SWGOH.. that's life. Some shards are more competitive than others...

No, actually, they're not. That's why they're making the change. What's the matter with you?
  • Not sure where or if this was asked, but with Rebel Assault being rescheduled, it was stated that "we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle." Is that limited to just the awards for star level or does that include character shards and bonus currency?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Not sure where or if this was asked, but with Rebel Assault being rescheduled, it was stated that "we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle." Is that limited to just the awards for star level or does that include character shards and bonus currency?

It was said somewhere in the other thread that we're getting all of it, including special mission rewards. Basically it'll copy and paste your rewards from the last battle (Dark Side) and give you that in one lump sum instead of over the course of however many days.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Not sure where or if this was asked, but with Rebel Assault being rescheduled, it was stated that "we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle." Is that limited to just the awards for star level or does that include character shards and bonus currency?

It was said somewhere in the other thread that we're getting all of it, including special mission rewards. Basically it'll copy and paste your rewards from the last battle (Dark Side) and give you that in one lump sum instead of over the course of however many days.

So I am learning. Thank you for responding. I just wish it were rewards for LS. But that is a minor grievance that I'm sure will be quickly forgotten.