Slowing down enrage in HAAT

Dubbstep
15 posts Member
I cannot seem to be able to consistently slow down enrage in p2 aND p4 of the HAAT raid- what are your strategies for taking these down? Never done more than about 35% in p2 and more than about 50% in p4 cause they ALWAYS get to enrage - after yiu topple they get 2 turns but if you stay up they go more often - what am I missing here

Replies

• ScottyLee
    221 posts Member
    damage output is key, the faster you kill the tank, the less times it can come out of topple
  • Dubbstep
    15 posts Member
    I've had the exact same team score 28 mil, 23 mil, 13 mil and today 6.5 mil in last 4 tank raids - either the RNG is crazy or there's some strategy I hit or missed on these - I'm running the ackbar Ventress team and trying to constantly keep fracture up and usually doing turn meter swap with bb8 to get extra turns and ID faster- should I be giving TM with not bb8?
  • The tank is immune to TMR, the only way to slow it down is to topple it consistently. You can also use Fracture to slow it down; I haven't quite mastered using the Ackbar/Asajj team for it yet either (I'm happy as long as I can get through P3 for my guild), and will probably rewatch the video before our next Tank run.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, fracture and slow are key. You also want to work on getting the most damage and toppling right before the tank gets a turn.
  • Dubbstep
    15 posts Member
    One of the things that I have been doing is almost always swapping turn meter from thrawn to bb8 and Akbar special that gives an extra turn using it on bb-8 so he always has extra turns, thinking about switching that over to Ventress so that I'm not getting as many buffs but hopefully getting a lot more damage
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Sounds more like you need to up your DPS rather than slowing than Tank Enrage. Make sure your main DPS (Asajj) is max gear and modded well.
  • Without knowing exactly what team you’re using, and the respective gear and mod levels, it appears that you have two things against you, as mentioned, not enough dps, possibly speed as well, and secondly, your kinda doing it wrong. You want asajj going often, while speeding up bb8 is nice, asajj just wrecks things , that rampage zeta is very fun to watch in action as the numbers climb,
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I assume u r running :

AA (L), zAsajj, zCLS, BB8, Thrawn

Fracture reduces speed by 50% as opposed to speed down 25%.

My damage bumped up by letting AA die oddly enuf.

Remember to keep CLS's damage boost on unless he needs to restore prot/health, fracture the tank when able, squeeze in every bit of damage u can b4 a topple and ensure u have 216% cd on CLS and Asajj as well as ensuring BB8 maintains high speed..
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    I assume u r running :

AA (L), zAsajj, zCLS, BB8, Thrawn

Fracture reduces speed by 50% as opposed to speed down 25%.

My damage bumped up by letting AA die oddly enuf.

Remember to keep CLS's damage boost on unless he needs to restore prot/health, fracture the tank when able, squeeze in every bit of damage u can b4 a topple and ensure u have 216% cd on CLS and Asajj as well as ensuring BB8 maintains high speed..

Also would just like to note that it's possible he doesn't have CLS zeta'd and that would surely cause a lot of issues as the TM gain from that zeta is pretty necessary if you have sub-par mods for the team.

But other than that, it's probably a mod issue, have you swapped your mods around at all for TW/TB recently? That could really throw a wrench in there.
  • Dubbstep
    15 posts Member
    Running that team for sure- have zeta on luke It binds all things and running crit damage / potency mods on cls- crit damage and crit chance on ventress

For this team have zeta also on bb8 for assist attack, and ventress rampage, all g12

Speed for team us as follows
    Ackbar 190
    Bb8 271
    Cls 214
    Ventress 170
    Thrawn 244

I'm Def going to try to give all turns to ventress next time we do raid. I can also bump up cls speed but lose crit damage not sure if it's worth it. What do you guys think would perform better 214 speed with the extra 30% crit damage on cls or switch to speed mods and get him closer to 250 speed
  • Dubbstep
    15 posts Member
    And BTW I really appreciate the feedback guys!!! Thank you!!!
  • Also, you want AA to die ASAP , or at least three to five topples in on p4 , you really only need his lead, and while he is in play, make sure to use it’s a trap every chance you can and tactical genius, always have bb8 use tactical buff, this speeds bb8 up quite well and helps achieve many and faster ID,

• As for speeds, your asajj, thrawn and cls are a little slow,

While @Poxx is right about one way to mod re cc, asajj also works quite well with solid offence mods if you have good speed on them as well. Either way works,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    As for speed your characters are definately fast enough to solo all of phase 4 as well. While more speed could help, then that is not what prevents you from soloing phase 4 (super speed might help you take a bigger chunk of phase 2, however). A few things to consider:

In phase 4 the tank only takes 1 turn every time it comes out of topple. In phase 2 it takes 2. on top of that in phase 4 killing the two droids boosts Assaj' damage even more. Hence the damage potential is much higher in phase 4 than in phase 2.

To delay enrage make sure that the tank doesn't take an extra turn between tooples. Until Assaj' damage gets boosted enough, make sure to kill the adds/small guns ASAP.

Furthermore, make sure to have all special attacks ready when you enter phase 4 from phase 3 — especially illuminated destiny. This will help you kill all adds / small guns before the tank even takes the first turn.

Furthermore, find a good rotation between using Thrawn's, CLS' and Assaj' specials and using their basics. Using specials both refreshes their secret intel buff (preventing them from dieing to air strike and top canon) and it also reduces the CD of illuminated destiny, making it available more often for the big damage boost. It may seem counter—intuitive, but I myself always use Assaj' AoE once every topple in phase 4 for this reason even if there is only one enemy. After I begun to do this, secret intel never fell off her again for an unfortunate death by airstrike. My rotation with CLS is : Second special (TM gsin and self healing) — basic — first special — basic — second special etc. Hence I always use his basic right after his second special even if the first special is available. This is simply to make sure to use his specials as much as possible and not choose 'the wrong one' if both are a ailable.

Others already pointed out that having Ackbar die early actually helps you in phase 3, since CLS will always be called to assist (with his TM reduction on basic). I always remove his mods before this battle to ensure a quick death.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You can also attempt to get Ackbar to Escape in case you can't get him to die. At the minimum, he will call CLS to Assist. With Ackbar gone, whether dead or escaped cowardly, CLS is the only Rebel remaining and will be the only Rebel called to Assist.