Won't these 2 new additions suffer the same problem Visa Mars does?

Gorem
1190 posts Member
So far from my own experience I Noticed that Visa Mars falls off quite well due to her missing important tags, and these 2 new heroes only really have the smuggler tag. So they are not really useful in most aspects of the game, especially after the BH Rework where most people will have those ready to do everything scoundrel (And everything Bounty hunter - again, making them a better choice to invest in)

With Visa's I noticed her use is only for places like Arena and an extra in TW, because of no good tags she can't help in Assault battles, not for legendary fights or anything. Same goes for these 2 new heroes.

Which is kinda sad in a way, that to me tags hold back some heroes from reaching their potential in both battles and usefulness. Both this new han and Chewy don't even offer anything to R2d2 ;-;

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Scoundrels are a supported faction, and they do have one of the game's more important events, the credit heists.

But I suspect since we have a movie all about scoundrels coming out in eight days, we're about to get some scoundrels content.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    But I suspect since we have a movie all about scoundrels coming out in eight days, we're about to get some scoundrels content.

And hopefully new Empire.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Scoundrels are a supported faction, and they do have one of the game's more important events, the credit heists.

Yes I know, and did address that with the fact that we all have the reworked and awesome Bounty Hunters now for anything to do with Scoundrels, essentially the "only" thing these 2 are good for, is specifically light side Scoundrel based missions. As Bounty Hunters are useful for MUCH more then just Scoundrel things, both in TB and in Contracts and such, focusing on these 2 just for things like credit heist would be a massive waste.

Do hope for some new Empire myself too there, but yeah, will be interesting what else we have coming, maybe a bunch of light side scoundrel based mission gets added.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Personally, I see potential for Young Solo under an Ackbar lead in raids.
    Still not a he.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Yeah, in Raids they could work, am guessing there will be fine, also, new ships will include them, so there is that as well.

Guess its cause i'm seeing it all from the perspective of a new player who doesn't have the extra res to spend :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    By the way, with a buffet of EP teams in arena, Visas is very viable there.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Until she gets debuffed... Against Sith teams... Who rely heavily on debuffs
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »

Until she gets debuffed... Against Sith teams... Who rely heavily on debuffs

She clears her own debuffs, and I use her with rex vs palp. Her extra assists on DTs death mark make her very useful. She replaced my g12 shore even at 4* g11.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    One Visas Marr weakness is Vader uncounterable debuffs. Otherwise she can counter attack and cleanse herself and someone
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The way my team works is Thrawn trades TM with Rex and Rex gives ten up. After that DT increases cooldowns and Tarkin removes TM. Thrawn goes and fractures tank or Palp if no tank. Then it's just a race to kill off palp before enemy Thrawn cleanses palp who then heals... But even then it's still very winnable.

Only time things really go bad is if they have Han who stuns Thrawn and palp gets off aoe stun before Rex goes.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited May 2018

The main problem I see with using Visa in arena, at least, that I've seen gearing her all the way up to nine so far, is she is useless on defence. Very easy to make her never counter attack you and often times her ai never uses her aoe attack/heal until its too late. I've seen it so often when auto'ing with her, she just lets her teammates die all the time.

I can res with her now though, so at least there is that, still, she's just not that effective compared to say, another empire in my palp leads team who can have multiple turns in each turn. Before I had palp lead yeah, I had Visa in my team for the past 2months, and always logged into losing 200 ranks in arena that I had to keep making up daily. Ever since I got rid of her and got palp lead, I've stayed near top 20 and not dropped much lower.

Edit:
    SeanutB wrote: »
    One Visas Marr weakness is Vader uncounterable debuffs. Otherwise she can counter attack and cleanse herself and someone

Yeah, Darth Vader can do it, Tarkin does it, even DN can do it with his passive that auto applies a debuff at the start of his turn. Honestly the only sith Visa felt good against was Sion, as she auto removed pain from herself and another on his aoe.