Please Allow Direct Image posting

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
Having to go through an image host is a big pain - especially on a phone.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    probably requires too much server space, but i would also like that very much ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • +10000000
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    probably requires too much server space, but i would also like that very much ;)

I'm pretty sure that EA can afford it, given what this game makes and how inexpensive storage has become.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You can do it in the full site. Just not mobile.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.

Not on mobile. All I get when I tap the picture icon in mobile is a text box to type an image url.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.

Not on mobile. All I get when I tap the picture icon in mobile is a text box to type an image url.

That is a screen shot from my phone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    x8hg7h6f3d5q.jpg

I just noticed this option when testing it out in this thread, this is my mobile version
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nope, no such option on Firefox mobile.

Edit: not even when requesting desktop site.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

I use Chrome, but don't get any of the options - just the text box to type an image url. That's the reason for the request. What mobile browser are you using?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member

@Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D:D
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I'm using chrome and don't get given an option to add from file, just image url.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Naraic wrote: »

Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D:D

Condescension aside, this could be the issue. It's it possible that mods have access to functionality that "regular" users don't?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited May 2018

@Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D:D

Condescension aside, this could be the issue. It's it possible that mods have access to functionality that "regular" users don't?

They do.

It was confirmed by several mods in a previous thread where this was suggested.

Also no condensation intended. Do i need to add more smileys?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D:D

I will pass this along.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I will pass this along.

Thanks @Kyno
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565 @Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

I wouldn't want to have to lower myself to that level. :wink:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 @Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

Got to a computer - no, I cannot. Same "Image URL" is the only option.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

Got to a computer - no, I cannot. Same "Image URL" is the only option.

Ok thanks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sorry @Nikoms565 can you just copy and paste an image when on PC, that's how I do it. I will snip a screenshot and just paste without using the took gar ar the top.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sorry @Nikoms565 can you just copy and paste an image when on PC, that's how I do it. I will snip a screenshot and just paste without using the took gar ar the top.

Sorry - it's going to be a while. I just left and will be coaching a baseball game for the next few hours.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sorry - it's going to be a while. I just left and will be coaching a baseball game for the next few hours.

No worries I will pass along the info I have and see if they can change it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Thats hosted on tinypic not directly hosted.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Thats hosted on tinypic not directly hosted.

I know, to show i can't host on the forum.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png

That's it. Same thing I see - no alternative but to type in a url.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png

That helps, but I am also looking to see if "regular" members can just "ctrl + v" to paste an image on the full site.
  • I didn't think full site was the problem. Mobile was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I didn't think full site was the problem. Mobile was.

thats why i'm trying to confirm this. the "issue" of site hosting is a null point if anyone can do it on the full site.