New chat system [MERGE]

Prev1345
Armatores
248 posts Member
edited May 2018
After update I tested new chat system, and, what a dissapointment!

What I was hoping to get -
1. Message board for guild rules, big enough to write about 600 chars at least, so there will be no need to retype rules for each new member.
2. Ability to edit own messages written with mistakes (and even delete it)
3. Ability to set channel to read only for guild announcements/news.
4. Indicator for new messages in created chats.

What did I get -
1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Nothing
4. Nothing

Even worse, in addition to many ways to harm guild, members received another tool - ability to block chat. So, every member now can BLOCK LEADER CHAT (and/or officers)!!! Is it joke??? Who needs such "impoved"chat? As a guild leader, I'm really don't understant, why we not only don't have any in-game tools to punish rule-breakers, but we getting instead new possibilities for rule-breakers to make our life harder?

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Loving the new chat feature, but as it stands now, you have no way of knowing if there is a new message in any of the new chat groups created unless you manually check each one. Would be nice if there was a way to specify if you wanted notifications on a per message group.
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    Also, will there be a way for me to prevent chat messages from *only* @SandurzGoH ? I mean, I already have to chat with him on Discord.

giphy.gif
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You can mute someone. You can also report them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I absolutely hate donations in chat... how on earth do I turn that off and only see them in the old tab.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Pr0t0cl0wn
    168 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It makes it WAY too cluttered and messy. Pushing everyone to Discord quickly
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Peddas
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Can we turn off the donations in the guild chat somehow?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • That would be an improvement. It’s far too clunky right now. Don’t get your hopes up...
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Please please please. they take up entirely too much room and get in the way.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Guild settings?
  • Yeah I agree...its very cluttered looking now
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    +1
    Very solid QoL update from what I've seen so far, but the gear icons take up a ton of space. Option to turn off, or give gear requests it's own channel would be greatly appreciated.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    I wish we could have read-only channel, such as announcements and such.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    They just need to put in a checkbox to remove gear spam. It is overpowering. On my screen it is 3 times the size of a line of text, so if 2 or 3 people post requests it takes over the whole screen and buries the text. The donation spam makes the chat unreadable.
  • Please remove , times fifty
  • The gear requests are horrid, they need to allow is to toggle it off. It’s made the chat unusable
  • Peddas
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The Update in general is awesome, but the donate requests in the guild chat is very annoying, they take to much space and the readability is worse then before.
    It would be realy nice if CG add a turn off setting.
  • Like others have mentioned i really dislike the new chat, the history of ingame chat was brief enough without it being spread out with donations, The option to turn this off would be awesome. Also dislike the new donations layout itself but that is another matter ;). Please devs give us the option to tailor our chat how we like
  • MeiYuDai
    36 posts Member
    Whoever suggested donations in the chat must be a cat owner, pushing things over the edge until they break. Whoever you are, you just lost the privilege to suggest anymore ideas on how to improve the game. Go sit on top of the curtains and think about what you did.
  • Why there are donations in chat?
  • Corpus
    71 posts Member
    Like the chat updates but ya, I would like it if there was an option to turn off Donations appearing in chat.
  • Yeah. So far donations in chat it's the only thing i actively dislike in the update. Yes, I'm aware we aren't seeing everything in the update yet.
  • It could have 2 tabs one for chat and one for donations that's one click away
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    It could have 2 tabs one for chat and one for donations that's one click away

Well, we could already do this by simply going to the guild area and checking what you could donate, and for anyone who needed something quick, they could just say in chat to donate so they could complete something, like last item needed for g12.

I for one am against seeing it in chat because its massive, the UI for gear donations is taking up over half chat space. And for the first while, it was bugging out and causing my chat to spasm as they were appearing and disappearing constantly.

Just add a chat option to disable this feature and we good <3

• I love what you've all done so far with chat but yes the donations in chat I feel is not the place to put it. Donations already have a home. To see what my guild mates are saying I have to scroll through all the donations. Please remove. Also a notification on the chat icon would be great for private chats. Keep up the good work, I'm home at the holotable.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    I for one am against seeing it in chat because its massive, the UI for gear donations is taking up over half chat space.

I agree. Highlighted/colored text stating the item requested would have been a better option here, possibly linking to the exchange for donations. Being able to disable would be nice as well.
  • +1 to disliking it
  • Please take the donations away from chat, they are super obnoxious and are not the correct place for them.
  • Please take the gear donations away from the chat. This isn’t the right place for them, just clutters the whole chat.
This discussion has been closed.