New chat system [MERGE]

Replies

• Fizix
    127 posts Member
    There is a new section in settings for chat settings, maybe they'll add an option in there to disable it. Not hard to do at all I'm sure.
  • No chat notification for new messages on additional channels?
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    Please give a way to turn off gear donation requests in chat, or at very least turn off the donate button in chat (so I don't accidentally donate things).

Also, please let me turn off just the level up/gear up notices in chat, without turning off raid phase notifications.
  • zyn199
    1 posts Member
    DeathJezta wrote: »
    Like others have mentioned i really dislike the new chat, the history of ingame chat was brief enough without it being spread out with donations, The option to turn this off would be awesome. Also dislike the new donations layout itself but that is another matter ;). Please devs give us the option to tailor our chat how we like

What do you think they gave you? Just add another chat room with all your guild mates. I did not try, but I am pretty sure that donations, and level or gear ups will not show up there.
  • Smygelfh
    72 posts Member
    It's still very slow. It's still globally censored instead of by country. It still lacks any useful filtering. Donations in chat is imho a horrible idea. Only good thing I can see with the update is that you can contact specific people and ask them to contact you on Discord instead. The shortcomings (slow, censored, filters, donations) makes it completely unusable still.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Also, there is a bug in the in-chat donations. I donated the last 2 pieces of a requested gear to a guildmate, but the donation possibility did not disappear. Instead the pop-up window appeared again asking me how much gear pieces I want to donate. When I tapped Confirm, an error message stated that this donation is unavailable. When I tapped Cancel, nothing happened. I couldn't close that pop-up window, and I had to force quit the app.

Edit: I've already seen a bug report, but I also wanted to let you know about this here.
  • AxisBold
    29 posts Member
    Annoying unnecessary clutter
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    Absolutely ugly and nonetheless feature. +1
  • Ok so first of all let me start by saying that I'm loving the new chat system so far. Even the donation thing isn't as bad although ideally it would be transferred to a separate tab so it doesn't get in the way. I'm loving the fact that I can invite allies to chat and previous guild mates who are in my ally list, as well as choose anyone of my guild to have a separate chat with. I have to say that the whole thing is pretty good so far, but it raises a very important concern!

I have invest the last 2 years of my life playing this game, having multiple accounts, spending COUNTLESS hours in this game, probably thousands of hours and I'm not exaggerating at all, on top of that I've also spent money out of my pocket. The last thing I'd want is for my account to be banned, even temporarily!, due to being reported by people for whatever reason.
    Whether it's language, or simply people being kitten hurt with me for certain behavior and decide to report me for whatever reason. If I lost my account I honestly don't know what I would do. I have invested my soul into this game and I have made tremendous progress which if I lost, it would take me forever to recover, meaning I'd have to just quit the game because nobody has the patience to start over.
    Having that said I want someone, preferably from the devs themselves to give us all the info about chat rules. Things that could possibly get us banned or suspended and generally dos and don'ts about using the chat. I want to know if you can be banned for being reported WITHOUT proof, such as screenshots, although even screenshots can easily be faked using photo editing software, so I'd feel more comfortable if the game saved all chat logs.
    We all have to be mature about this, this is the internet and of course people will say offensive or stupid stuff. You just have to accept it and stop being offended/insulted over things that people say. Also given the fact that this game runs across every country in the world, it combines people of different races, cultures, nationalities, ethnicities, sexual preferences and political beliefs. I would find it incredibly difficult to not offend someone by saying pretty much anything. We need to establish some basis of what's considered inappropriate speech because what's appropriate for you may not be appropriate for me and vice versa. So please give us an official response explaining of what basis can players be banned, if the can be banned at all, and things we aren't allowed to say in chat. I personally would simply not make chat banable, people should be able to say what ever they want since there's a MUTE option that allows people to silence those who insult or offend them, but that's not up to me and since there is a report feature, I would assume it's there for that reason.
    Please don't merge this because I don't want to lose track of the responses and I think it's a very serious issue that deserves some attention. Great work on the chat!
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    If I'll get banned, I'll talk to Google play for refunds. See this as opportunity.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    A lot of that sounds real unhealthy. Maybe take up knitting, or join a book club or something?

Anyways, a reporting feature is just that. It's still adjudicated. Your account isn't gonna be banned 'cuz Mol Eliza is upset you overtook them in the arena.
    Still not a he.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    If I'll get banned, I'll talk to Google play for refunds. See this as opportunity.

That doesn't work my friend, most games have a 2 week refund policy, I'm sure you aren't gonna refund stuff you purchased months or even years ago.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    A lot of that sounds real unhealthy. Maybe take up knitting, or join a book club or something?

Anyways, a reporting feature is just that. It's still adjudicated. Your account isn't gonna be banned 'cuz Mol Eliza is upset you overtook them in the arena.

Well that's not all that could happen. I agree I spent way too much time in this game, but the again it was my choice, I don't regret it.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    Pointless for them to be listed like that, makes the chat look messy
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Donations in chat is horrible. it makes me want to donate LESS, not more.
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    Even total f2p games wont ban permanently without heavy reasons, especially if you are a paying customer.... Before they would ban soneone im pretty sure they get some evidence and not relying some ragekids reports only...
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    I want to know if you can be banned for being reported WITHOUT proof, such as screenshots, although even screenshots can easily be faked using photo editing software, so I'd feel more comfortable if the game saved all chat logs.

I would strongly object to this request. Under no circumstances do I want my chat log to be stored forever! We might start talking about appropriate short retention periods (days at max). But in times of Facebook and Google I do not need another company out of my direct jurisdiction (based in Germany) to store personal data about myself. Apart from me personally not liking this, it would also violate EU law (GDRP).

Actually I would like to ask @CG @EA to explain or at least publish their data retention policies.

Sorry if my voice in this post is very direct and strong, but in these days we should carefully consider every smidge of data we give away and allow to be collected.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    So we got straight to business and made an arena chat in-game. However there seems to be a severe lack of any kind of management. I can't find a list of people in the chat, let alone tools for removing ppl from the chat.

At least I can change the banner! And donations don't get spammed.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    There is no need for a report option or bans. If the majority in the chat don't like what is being said .. just remove said player from the chat. Simples.

Or just ignore such, if you get offended by words you should just quit now tbh.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Unless they are climbing and havent had their payout
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    +1 pointless feature and just fills the already tiny chat
    they should learn from others and make clear structures and not just over-flood the screen. I felt remembered on my first MMO's - Ultima Online and Everquest. Surely it was at that time needed, as the computers were so slow they needed the view screen as tiny as possible due to the very low graphic performance at that time. Just nowadays computer allow a more sleek design. If people have view problems, just insert a feature to enlarge all letters and symbols.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    There is no need for a report option or bans. If the majority in the chat don't like what is being said .. just remove said player from the chat. Simples.

How do you do that removing?
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    YodaHeIs wrote: »
    I would strongly object to this request. Under no circumstances do I want my chat log to be stored forever! We might start talking about appropriate short retention periods (days at max). But in times of Facebook and Google I do not need another company out of my direct jurisdiction (based in Germany) to store personal data about myself. Apart from me personally not liking this, it would also violate EU law (GDRP).

Actually I would like to ask @CG @EA to explain or at least publish their data retention policies.

Sorry if my voice in this post is very direct and strong, but in these days we should carefully consider every smidge of data we give away and allow to be collected.

I absolutely second that as an EU user. Especially regarding the fact that the game can access our Google Account data through Google Play Games (or Google Play Game Services). Not to mention the payment information we provide when making an in-app purchase.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Revi wrote: »

How do you do that removing?

Apologies, I meant it would be better if you could do that, it would save the hassle of report/ban and save time of CG staff that would better spent elsewhere.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    chat is not readable
  • There is a really easy way to not get banned. It's called treating people with respect and not being a ****. Novel concept I know
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    There is a really easy way to not get banned. It's called treating people with respect and not being a ****. Novel concept I know

And not a concept in favor currently, esp. when looking at several heads of state in the world (not calling you out USA, Turkey, ...)
  • Their argument was that people didn't visit the donation tab section to see if they could donate. But it's too cluttered, my guild just posts a quick; "hey I need X amount of pieces, can y'all help me out" and boom problem solved lol
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Just have an officer create general in game chat and have that default chat function as an announcement chat
  • TWO things I see missing in the chat interface is A way to transfer leadership of a chat and a way to remove players from a chat... I.E. Anyone can invite new players but noone can remove someone.
This discussion has been closed.