Emperor palpatine meta needs a nerf

Prev1
Boocraft
33 posts Member
edited May 2018
This is really not fun and it has to be the most overpowered meta to date.

Palp, Vader, sion, nihilus, thrawn.

If the person running this meta has all 90+ total speed from mods and over 110 on Vader. The person is literally a demigod.

Vader's force crush for 2 turn speed reduction debuff on all targets is extremely overpowered. Needs to be tuned down to 1 turn or only affect the main target. Vader is also guaranteed first to hit in a battle if you focus all speed mods on him.

Palpatine needs his leader ability tuned down and most important his power of the dark side attack. Most overpowered attack in the game if you land that 70% chance to stun on 3 or more targets. I have seen all 5 of my characters stunned before with a max gear level and over 220-240 speed.

Sion / nihilus combo is also extremely overpowered and needs a tune for sion's held by hatred. Once he gets it... it's over. Might as well forfeit the match. And his lord of pain passive should drop by 100% defense/tenacity to 30%.

I hope my feedback/rant is heard and im sure many others here feel the same way.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe CLS broke into the 70-80% range on swgoh.gg

Palp is hovering around 40%.

So not the most overpowering by a long shot.

I even think rex triple cleans broke 50%.
  • Rock paper scissors is way better than rock rock rock was.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    I don't think EP needs to be nerfed. However, my personal experience on my shard is that EP seems more ubiquitous than any previous meta, probably because he's a character that everyone already has geared up. I would like to see a hard counter added though, because it is kind of frustrating to have the arena dominated by a single team again.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I have a maxed out Nighmare team and JatR still rules most of our shard. I can get 1-5 but fall overnight to top 30 with a mix is f JTR, Nighmare and Rex... it’s more balanced now then ever before!

If you have Palp teams now just wait till more Treyas start dropping and Sion is farmable. They will rule the meta until the next counter meta is released.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Eh. Sure EP is most common, but he's not all that bad. And if that's the majority of speed mods that people are running in your arena, consider yourself luck. I go against teams that regularly have multiple toons at 120-130+ speeds, but can still usually beat them with Rex, Han, CLS, Thrawn, GK.

Post your swgoh.gg profile if you wanna get any sympathy, otherwise it's safe to assume you need a better team/better mods.
  • The variety is better, but the matches are just meh, and by just meh, I mean they are an RNG dumpster fire. Part of me preferred the CLS meta. Sure there was no variety but at least then the luck component was related to how many speed secondaries you rolled as opposed to who won the "everybody's at 100%TM, who's next?" coin toss.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    If your team is faster, you can probably win. I still run CLS and haven't dropped out of top 20 in weeks.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If your Vader isn't fast enough to go before my BB8, you're probably done (if you're on D).

Seems like a nerf isn't needed at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I run Thrawntroopers and I actively seek out nightmare. Force Crush feeds my team turn meter. Then it becomes a race to murder Sheev before he AoE stuns, and to kickstart the trooper roll.

While I agree, multistun is among the most obnoxious mechanics a game can have, nightmare is simply common. Not the best or most overpowered. Especially not the most overpowered ever.
    Still not a he.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If your Vader isn't fast enough to go before my BB8, you're probably done (if you're on D).

Seems like a nerf isn't needed at all.

Agree.
  • I love gamers, so predictable. Someone comes here and posts a very reasonable and needed piece of feedback about Palpatine in arena, and cue the predictable counter posts trying to deny the obvious truth.

Yes, he's way OP, which is why I always fight my Palpatine team last so everyone avoids me and my rankings seldom drop. Meanwhile my Phoenix team fully maxed if left to defend for a day gets destroyed. This game is boring when certain characters are so OP that everyone uses them. It's starting to be like WoW PvP all over, ruined by imbalance.

I advise EA to fix it before players start dropping and churn rates sharply rise.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You can't beat him /= he can't be beat

Also it seems this is your first meta experience.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    I run that team... and I'd say half the time full teams go before vader... not sure if it's a known bug, but it's completely random... and happens often.

Aside from this, asajj in NS teams always goes first, r2 in jtr teams always goes first and raid han (of course) always goes first and can ruin your day if he tatgets vader and its a stong team.

Nightmare isn't an instant win on offense and still drops on defense. Fun team? Yeah... demigods... not even close =(
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It's not random unless two toons reach 100% TM before it's their turn to go. Otherwise there's always a reason one goes before the other.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's not random unless two toons reach 100% TM before it's their turn to go. Otherwise there's always a reason one goes before the other.

This. Just need to understand your team AND your opponent's. Ppl need to research before asking why?
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2018

It's random...

I'll fight the same team 2x, the first time their entire team goes first, the second time it's WAI.

This has happened with:
    Nightsisters
    Rebels (CLS, Akbar & wedge leads)
    JTR (if I'm lazy and ignore arena)
    Other slower nightmare teams

If it was consistant or not the same team on 2 back to back attempts, i'd agree.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

This. Just need to understand your team AND your opponent's. Ppl need to research before asking why?

Cool story
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Lol naw, these jtr resistance teams need nerfs if anything
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    These nerf requests need nerfs.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe CLS broke into the 70-80% range on swgoh.gg

Palp is hovering around 40%.

So not the most overpowering by a long shot.

I even think rex triple cleans broke 50%.

Triple Cleanse was like 57% I think
  • Jeffrome
    63 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You just need the right team to counter it. Or you need to farm mods for a while and get your speed up. This game is super diverse. I’m sure Phoenix did amazing for you up until a certain point, as it did for me... but then everyone built the team to counter it (Empire). Now Empire is the meta because EP just came back through and he’s decently easy to gear up and wrecks Phoenix and does decent against rebels... now people are building other teams that counter Empire well, such as Rex lead. Anything tenacity up directly works against Vader and EP and EP lead for sure. You can complain about it all you want... or you can start working on the team that will counter the next meta. Be prepared and think ahead... And farm mods. ☺️
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Corruptor wrote: »
    Jeffrome wrote: »
    You just need the right team to counter it. Or you need to farm mods for a while and get your speed up. This game is super diverse. I’m sure Phoenix did amazing for you up until a certain point, as it did for me... but then everyone built the team to counter it (Empire). Now Empire is the meta because EP just came back through and he’s decently easy to gear up and wrecks Phoenix and does decent against rebels... now people are building other teams that counter Empire well, such as Rex lead. Anything tenacity up directly works against Vader and EP and EP lead for sure. You can complain about it all you want... or you can start working on the team that will counter the next meta. Be prepared and think ahead... And farm mods. ☺️

Really? Cause sion will dispel your tenacity up. There’s a reason why people are complaining. It’s cause it’s **** RNG on who wins. You can’t even forfeit some matches cause once you miss your stun or your nihilus doesn’t add cd, you get auto’d by the AI. Speed doesn’t mean anything when a bare minimum 30% tenacity enemy zpalp whale that doesn’t get stunned at all, even waiting the 8 1/2 mins to battle again or wasting a refresh to do the same exact thing... miss stun, Miss aoe cool down. On Sundays, there are nihilus players with 170 speed in top 50. Why???? All week it’s whales at 220+ but since it’s arena day for guild coins they get “lucky” RNG Because they spent money on gear and stars??? It’s all about speed mods though.

whut?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EP meta it is not. CLS & JTR are still at the top with a few Sith Triumvirate teams. The EP meta is no where as near OP as CLS imbalance brought.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    IMO: When 30+ of the top 50 are emperor, something's wrong. I feel that you shouldn't have to rely on only one particular set of toons to have a fair shot at the ranks. (I don't even care about the OPeror's aoe stun. It's the out-of-control turn meter synergy that needs to be toned down.)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »
    IMO: When 30+ of the top 50 are emperor, something's wrong. I feel that you shouldn't have to rely on only one particular set of toons to have a fair shot at the ranks. (I don't even care about the OPeror's aoe stun. It's the out-of-control turn meter synergy that needs to be toned down.)

When CLS was released it was like 45/50. This is perfectly fine.
  • Listen. There will always be a meta that beats most other teams. Currently it's EP, but there are loads of teams that can beat him, such as thrawn lead, Rex, now JTR with Enfys Nest... many can do it. Yes, Sion can be a pain, but if you carefully control the battle, it is doable. Don't worry, soon enough a new meta will arrive (after Traya destroys the arena) and we can all complain about that one instead.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Matthew_01 wrote: »
    now JTR with Enfys Nest...

It's easy for JTR without Enfy too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »

It's random...

I'll fight the same team 2x, the first time their entire team goes first, the second time it's WAI.

This has happened with:
    Nightsisters
    Rebels (CLS, Akbar & wedge leads)
    JTR (if I'm lazy and ignore arena)
    Other slower nightmare teams

If it was consistant or not the same team on 2 back to back attempts, i'd agree.

It's never random. Who goes first is always determined by speed and TM. There are cases where two toons both reach 100% TM - in those cases it can be different, as it's a coin flip. But it is never random.

Post specific teams with speed numbers and several posters here can explain who went first and why. 99% of the time people think someone went first who shouldn't have simply missed a bonus, special ability or some other factor. But it's not random.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Matthew_01 wrote: »
    Listen. There will always be a meta that beats most other teams. Currently it's EP, but there are loads of teams that can beat him, such as thrawn lead, Rex, now JTR with Enfys Nest... many can do it. Yes, Sion can be a pain, but if you carefully control the battle, it is doable. Don't worry, soon enough a new meta will arrive (after Traya destroys the arena) and we can all complain about that one instead.

EP can area stun a full team and disable the player from playing, even when the meta is over, these teams will remain in GW and TW. This is different to other metas that can be defeated in several attempts with this meta most teams do not even scratch their protection.