Mythic tiers

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I just wish the reward was 5 omegas instead of 2.... #OmegaCrunchIsReal

Well, you do get 4 for beating it both days...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Mythic tiers are an awesome addition :)

My only grief with the latest two is clones vs empire and ewoks vs separatists. Lore wise they should switch them..
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone who posts on their experiences with the mythics, positive and negative. It gives me a chance to compile the data and figure out what team to send in next time. Clones seems to be the answer as well as many Jyn teams with Rogue One. I appreciate everyone’s input, the good the bad and the ugly.
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I love these events also, but I tried repeatedly with a full squad of gear 12 zeta'd toons and got stomped on wave 8. Made it with protection up to that point mind you, so there's something that should be tweaked just a bit. It's hard, I actually appreciate that. Firstly it seems without Capt Han, Chaze or thanks to Nick's tip, Clones, you can't really beat it. Now I realize that you can't just throw any 5 toons up river and expect them to paddle, but if you're telling me all these potential toons are viable at close to max and I still get stomped unless I use a small permutation of arrangements, that's where I have a problem. Why have the others there as potential squad mates at all unless to try and obfuscate the real "required" toons? What kind of puzzle is that?!? Then it becomes not about figuring out any sort of strategy, but rather figuring out that I don't have the right toons geared and zeta'd. I can't blame anyone for complaining about that because it again caters to whale rosters with whale resources.

I agree with everyone that said 8 waves is a little much. Perhaps consider "Tiering" the mythic tier and make it 4 waves of 2 successively harder battles or different mechanics that cater to different squads while still being part of the overall theme of the event. Starting with gear 12 req's. Reward a portion of the total reward for each tier. Omega here, zeta there or a bunch of credits and shards. This way if you still want to have specific squads required they could differ each pair. Clones on wave 2 for instance, R1 on wave 3 and CLS on wave 4 etc... This gives everyone something to work for instead of just gear up Chaze for next time. At least this way you justify having to gear and zeta all of them as well as add further longevity to an already great idea.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.
    Post edited by Shade_Thanewulf on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Why have the others there as potential squad mates at all unless to try and obfuscate the real "required" toons? What kind of puzzle is that?!? Then it becomes not about figuring out any sort of strategy, but rather figuring out that I don't have the right toons geared and zeta'd. I can't blame anyone for complaining about that because it again caters to whale rosters with whale resources.
    There are no "real required toons". That's just a misconception or an excuse.
    Part of the strategy is figuring out what toons work best in this event, not just how to use them.
    The mythic tier is designed for "end game" players, whale and f2p alike. Mind you, it's just 1 tier, not an entire event. Not being able to complete it now in order to not have boring events once you've reached that point where all other tiers became a cakewalk, aswell as having something to strive for, makes this game more enjoyable in the long run.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Also like them, rewards make it a bit of a waste of time though.

Example.. the Military Might battle that just ended, completed the Mythic tier first day for the Zetas, didn't bother the second day for 2 Omegas.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone said that the best part of Mythic Tiers is the Mythic Tears of people who get mad about them yet? No? Okay, it's been said now, then.
    Now I realize that you can't just throw any 5 toons up river and expect them to paddle, but if you're telling me all these potential toons are viable at close to max and I still get stomped unless I use a small permutation of arrangements, that's where I have a problem. Why have the others there as potential squad mates at all unless to try and obfuscate the real "required" toons? What kind of puzzle is that?!? Then it becomes not about figuring out any sort of strategy, but rather figuring out that I don't have the right toons geared and zeta'd. I can't blame anyone for complaining about that because it again caters to whale rosters with whale resources.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.
    Despite what I opened this post with, this isn't a flame response :P That was just a bit of wordplay I wanted to get out into the world first. This is a real response.

Anyway, thing of it is that it's not so much that there are de facto "required" characters, but rather that you need an answer for three problems: The whole bunch of AoE in p1-p3, the intricacies of p4 (Krennic can do insane damage, but hitting him feeds Deathtroopers, Deathtroopers get bonuses against Rebels, There are two Shoretroopers and they can retaunt if you cleanse too early), and the difficulty of p8. There's a fourth challenge in that everything moves so fast, but that's more of a gear/mod pass/fail gate--either you've invested in your characters enough or you haven't--so you don't need a tactics or strategy to pass that. But the first three problems, those require strategy to put together a good team, and tactics to execute with them.

It just so happens that Baze and Chirrut have the best answer to those problems, and it also so-happens that lots and lots and lots of players have farmed those characters up since they became farmable, so they'll get used a lot. But there are other combinations that are viable: Ackbar speeds you up, cleanses, and grants bonus attacks; Stormtrooper Han taunts the stuns, Lando and Wedge lay down AoE to get past the taunts, Biggs gets a turn any time he's attacked, etc. Yes, it's easier with Baze and Chirrut because those two characters fill the three necessary roles and the recommended role of a taunter, leaving you with three open slots to use whoever you want. Other compositions will have fewer flex spots, but can still get it done. That's why all Rebels are allowed.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are only 5 Clone characters, so any event that allows Clones will have to be balanced around them.

The one thing I'll really push back on is that this isn't a whale thing for whale rosters. I work in a warehouse in the Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive places in the world to live, and I spend too much on rent and gas to be buying advantages in a video game. I've been playing a very long time, so that certainly helps, but this is far from an event for people who throw money around like it's nothing.
    Revi wrote: »
    Also like them, rewards make it a bit of a waste of time though.

Example.. the Military Might battle that just ended, completed the Mythic tier first day for the Zetas, didn't bother the second day for 2 Omegas.
    Must be nice to not need any omegas, but the rest of us are still looking down the barrel of a whole mess of characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with Leef (as usual). The mythic tiers are great fun and a challenge. For those complaining about 8 phases - use the "lesser" phases to reset cooldowns, heal, and manipulate TM. I wouldn't shorten them at all.

My only complaint about any mythic event was when they changed from Resistance to Jedi - but I won't go there for this positive thread. :)

I generally think the developers do an outstanding job with these special events. Good challenge, solid rewards and simply fun to play (which is really the point).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree with Leef (as usual). The mythic tiers are great fun and a challenge. For those complaining about 8 phases - use the "lesser" phases to reset cooldowns, heal, and manipulate TM. I wouldn't shorten them at all.

I wouldn't shorten them either, but you also have to understand how aggravating it is to nearly win the last wave, then have to slog back through eight waves another 40 times before you finally beat it. Especially when you can't auto the first seven waves.
  • Options
    ^^
    The whole point of those 7 waves is to wear the toons down and to wear us down. It’s effective. My toons has no protection left by wave 4 at most 5.
    I simmed till 7 and then set everything up.
    I lost in the 8th wave numerous times by making simple mistakes. Zader was a real problem for me. But I did it. And you all will too.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    ^^
    I simmed till 7

Oh how I wish that was possible. Would have given me half my Saturday back. ;)

Pretty sure you mean "autoed."
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    ^^
    I simmed till 7

Oh how I wish that was possible. Would have given me half my Saturday back. ;)

Pretty sure you mean "autoed."

Yesh. Danke!
  • Options
    Fair enough all. I respectfully disagree that any of those toons and not a small sampling of the listed required are capable of beating that tier. I didn't mean to **** in your thread Leef, I actually appreciate the challenge also and I look forward to each and every one of these events. Everyone seems to have glossed over the fact that I said that as well as offered an idea on how to improve them and help them remain challenging over time instead of finding the few squads that can beat it and be done with it.

I've said my peace, I'll leave it alone now.
  • Options
    It's kind of funny. My guild (awesome one imo) is almost done with HAAT after a few hours. I contributed 100,000 damage and was like, "They must know a strategy I don't." Phase 2 kicked me hard. I read somewhere you take out the main gun 1st. iDK. I just assumed the problem was my approach. I'm gearing my toons, but learning and hard work conquers all. Griping that Nihalus annihilates too much doesn't figure out how to stop it. I need to learn that.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Fair enough all. I respectfully disagree that any of those toons and not a small sampling of the listed required are capable of beating that tier. I didn't mean to **** in your thread Leef, I actually appreciate the challenge also and I look forward to each and every one of these events. Everyone seems to have glossed over the fact that I said that as well as offered an idea on how to improve them and help them remain challenging over time instead of finding the few squads that can beat it and be done with it.

I've said my peace, I'll leave it alone now.

Players have beaten the mythic tier with all sorts of team compositions, that's what i meant with no real requirement. You don't "need" toon x to beat the challenge, but you can't just do it with just 5 random rebels/clones.
    Also, don't worry about **** (not sure what word you used, hehe) in the thread. If you're out of line (wich you weren't), the mods will take care of it. Other than that everyone is free to post whatever they want.
  • Options
    @leef the people’s champ!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I will join those arguing against 8 phases, it makes the events too time consuming with basically no added challenge. The strategic benefits, like setting up cooldowns and tm, can be achieved in fewer battles as well. For me, the ideal format would be something like initial battle - middle challenge (what is now 4th wave) - "recovery" battle - final.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny. My guild (awesome one imo) is almost done with HAAT after a few hours. I contributed 100,000 damage and was like, "They must know a strategy I don't." Phase 2 kicked me hard. I read somewhere you take out the main gun 1st. iDK. I just assumed the problem was my approach. I'm gearing my toons, but learning and hard work conquers all. Griping that Nihalus annihilates too much doesn't figure out how to stop it. I need to learn that.

There's an AAT in the mythic tier? I missed that somehow.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    It took me probably 10 attempts or so but I beat it with a heavy Phoenix squad. You don’t need Chaze. nyLCgBf.jpg
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I hit the edit button but I can't change your team. ;)
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Beat them without much thought or strategy. As usual the game's notion of "challenge" is mostly crazy inflated stats, damage and speed as a test of your squad's ability to survive a big fat volley of nukes. Ready for the sim button.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Beat them without much thought or strategy. As usual the game's notion of "challenge" is mostly crazy inflated stats, damage and speed as a test of your squad's ability to survive a big fat volley of nukes. Ready for the sim button.

I hope you atleast enjoy the collecting aspect of the game, clearly the strategy part is lost on you.
  • Options

Must be a bug haha
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I will join those arguing against 8 phases, it makes the events too time consuming with basically no added challenge. The strategic benefits, like setting up cooldowns and tm, can be achieved in fewer battles as well. For me, the ideal format would be something like initial battle - middle challenge (what is now 4th wave) - "recovery" battle - final.

But the key challenge of the battle is to build a squad that can survive and beat the final wave. This is what makes it fun and challenging.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    locodiel wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

But the key challenge of the battle is to build a squad that can survive and beat the final wave. This is what makes it fun and challenging.

Sure, and so many waves before the final one imo add little to the fun and challenge while only taking time, therefore we could do with fewer of them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Must be a bug haha

Careful - you're going to get this thread "archived" ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Must be a bug haha

I'm not one to complain in general, but that "archived" has gotten me close once or twice ;)
  • Options

Must be a bug haha

You must be mistaken master nikoms if its not in the archive then it cannot exist
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree - they've breathed some new life into those events. Even though there have been a few that I can't do yet, I still enjoy them. I find they've replaced those uber-hard GW12 nodes that popped up every once in a while (the ones with 250+ speed CLS/Chaze rebs, back in the day), now that GW is a cakewalk. And no pressure to complete them either, which is cool.

They've also spawned some great tactical discussions without our guild, which is great since the Sith raid discussions have pretty much died away. And finally, the threads about them being impossible are great popcorn reading. Cheers, devs!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m