Rex pack is only $5+ or 750 crystals

Replies

• 200$ (= 4 full PC games) only to be able to see a pack in the shop?? And then you have to spend more to have a Chance to get Rex?? That Rex better be a Tyrannosaurus!!!
  • I quit
  • Its only help the highspender cauze they can buy now ability Materials... That was the only thing that they needed to earn.. And now for free they will nearly speend like 1000 dollar for 400 Materials
  • CPMP wrote: »
    200$ (= 4 full PC games) only to be able to see a pack in the shop?? And then you have to spend more to have a Chance to get Rex?? That Rex better be a Tyrannosaurus!!!

I must say 4 full PS4 games...
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CPMP wrote: »
    200$ (= 4 full PC games) only to be able to see a pack in the shop?? And then you have to spend more to have a Chance to get Rex?? That Rex better be a Tyrannosaurus!!!

EDIT: It's fine that people are stating their opinion, but let's not start the personal attacks. -EA_Jesse
    Post edited by EA_Jesse on
  • I don't get why there is such an outrage. The way these games work is to have the big spenders pay for a majority of the game. I am OK with them getting early access to new characters. That is why the GG prices, inability to get yoda the first few times, etc doesn't bother me as a low spender. I know if I want them I can get them eventually and none of them are game breaking good.

That being said I do wish they would do something similar with older characters allowing low spenders a chance at different $5-10 packs. If it were a character I wanted or that was slow to farm I'd be tempted to spend the cash to speed up the process. I think you may even convert some of your f2p players into low spenders as well
  • I don't get why there is such an outrage. The way these games work is to have the big spenders pay for a majority of the game. I am OK with them getting early access to new characters. That is why the GG prices, inability to get yoda the first few times, etc doesn't bother me as a low spender. I know if I want them I can get them eventually and none of them are game breaking good.

That being said I do wish they would do something similar with older characters allowing low spenders a chance at different $5-10 packs. If it were a character I wanted or that was slow to farm I'd be tempted to spend the cash to speed up the process. I think you may even convert some of your f2p players into low spenders as well

+1
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Cool, nice gift for whales. You have to understand that the whales were mostly maxed and getting diminishing returns doing Chromiums. This is trying to keep them in the game. Which is good for the game. I dunno why some people are not getting it.

P2P guys complaining, look at it as another Chromium which you're not gonna buy anyway. I got the offer but I don't want Rex. I do want Old Ben, Aayla etc. I'm not complaining that I'd have to buy God knows how many Chromiums to get them. I simply hope they're eventually farmable. That's how the game and business model was built.

I just don't get it why the smaller fishes are always complaining that EA doesn't want their money and then accusing them of being greedy!?! How does that even happen? It has to be either greedy cos they want your money or not greedy cos they don't! In fact they're letting the maxed whales save some money compared to getting Rex through Chromiums! :confused:

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :/
    Post edited by CPMP on
  • before buying, have a look at this video
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xRYgMi3TRyQ
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    Congratulations on taking the first step towards being a whale...

The crystal subscription should have opened up for u now after more than $4.99 spent.
    @Reyia stop tempting me to spend all my bo*ty money in one day..

@Annastrasza Lol soz I wasn't even tempting you...I was just reminding you to check out if the subscription which was not there appeared or not...

Don't spend it all in one place ;)
  • I like the idea of the Adronium Packs. I'm going to pass on Rex but I hope they rotate characters through. I would probably dump a $100 pack of crystals into an Old Ben Adronium to finish him up. I just don't like the Chromium system. Not afraid to spend a little, just want to narrow down what I'm spending on.

+1

• Got Rex on my second buy, woot
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Suikoden wrote: »
    Got Rex on my second buy, woot

Grats. So far he seems fun, hope you enjoy him!
  • while expensive it does at least let you target the character you want. still need to get the price down abit so that more people would be into the purchase. wouldn't they make more even at say half the price if 8 times as many people would buy it?
  • Got him in a chromium Mega pack. Didn't need the special one.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You have to spend 200$ to see this pack

It s ridiculous.... :(:'(:s

Next pack they ll release will probably cost 500$
  • You have to spend 200$ to see this pack

It s ridiculous.... :(:'(:s

Next pack they ll release will probably cost 500$

Honestly wouldn't doubt it. But then it will be considered a reward for some truly delusional reason
  • Here's what I don't get about people mad about this pack.

It takes $200 to 7 star so like $100 to be useful. So if you want him and are willing to spend $100-$200 on Rex buy the crystals to meet the $200 threshold then buy Rex.

It's not like a useable Rex is being given away for $5. It's being sold for a hundred.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    Here's what I don't get about people mad about this pack.

It takes $200 to 7 star so like $100 to be useful. So if you want him and are willing to spend $100-$200 on Rex buy the crystals to meet the $200 threshold then buy Rex.

It's not like a useable Rex is being given away for $5. It's being sold for a hundred.

He's also not necessary or required to win anything.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    honestly he's not worth much of anything in current meta. unless things change. but I still want a synergized team....praying the day we can actually functionally run different teams not starring the top 7 or 8 tunes at a given time.
  • Lokai wrote: »
    honestly he's not worth much of anything in current meta. unless things change. but I still want a synergized team....praying the day we can actually functionally run different teams not starring the top 7 or 8 tunes at a given time.

He's actually a counter to F2P teams with Sidious. Check out his special.
  • well it might turn out good but not enogh to warrant actually having a CLONE team. I can see just him being useful in a team. although not to counter sillious as he really isn't an issue as most teams aren't concerned with healing as damage/speed reigns supreme. But even with a non clone team being able to gain turn meter based on eliminating debuffs could be cool IF you survive to use it :)
  • Voicing this for a friend to see if anyone have the same situation.

Did anyone here feel cheated over trying to get Rex over the chromium packs as he was described to be chromium exclusive and then they release a much better and cheaper Aurodium pack?

• You paid for the "first one to get it" experience. So the fact that youre crying about it is absurd. That's like buying one of those characters bundle for 100 dollars then getting it for free in bronzium and wanting a refund. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • I think it's just another.....lesson learned don't buy chromiums because they are a rip off. If no one bought them they would have to redesign how they would sell characters in a different manner....like the pack they released which is a way fairer and more transparent
  • They never claimed Rex would remain exclusively chromium, in fact, the "for now" part was pretty clear.
  • What aurodium packs?
  • My heart goes out to the people that did. Unfortunately, that's how these games work. You pay a hefty price to have early access to things like new characters, and almost every single time it just isn't worth it. I only say this because I've learned this lesson the hard way in the past ;)
  • Phipps wrote: »
    I think it's just another.....lesson learned don't buy chromiums because they are a rip off. If no one bought them they would have to redesign how they would sell characters in a different manner....like the pack they released which is a way fairer and more transparent

Yeah but there was a pop-up saying he was chromium exclusive. I guess you are right.