How much does it cost to win this game?

Today... $34.99 and 64.99. CG is conveniently separating the FTP from the dolphins and whales. To all of you that claim this game isn’t pay to win, enjoy losing in ship arena for the next couple months.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not, all $$ does is make things happen faster, anyone can grind those out for free.

I dont see a single upgrade that will make any fleet impervious because someone else doesn't have it, so you? Buying materials is one thing, but if they dint have an incredible use, it's just game support, it's not blowing away f2p.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's not, all $$ does is make things happen faster, anyone can grind those out for free.

I dont see a single upgrade that will make any fleet impervious because someone else doesn't have it, so you? Buying materials is one thing, but if they dint have an incredible use, it's just game support, it's not blowing away f2p.
    If the reinforcement tokens had a 100% drop rate it would take 900 cantina energy to unlock enough to take one reinforcement ability to level 3. Or you can drop some cash and get one right now while everyone else grinds them out. (I don’t know what their drop rate is, but I’m sure it’s 20-25% or below like everything else worthwhile).

And the reinforcements are game changing.

• But they gave the whales the same amount, your argument is irrelevant.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Today... $34.99 and 64.99. CG is conveniently separating the FTP from the dolphins and whales. To all of you that claim this game isn’t pay to win, enjoy losing in ship arena for the next couple months.

I have no problem with spenders having an advantage. Without spenders, there wouldn't even be a game at all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

If the reinforcement tokens had a 100% drop rate it would take 900 cantina energy to unlock enough to take one reinforcement ability to level 3. Or you can drop some cash and get one right now while everyone else grinds them out. (I don’t know what their drop rate is, but I’m sure it’s 20-25% or below like everything else worthwhile).

And the reinforcements are game changing.

which ones?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I have no problem with spenders having an advantage. Without spenders, there wouldn't even be a game at all.

I am so tired of seeing this excuse, it's not a reason, its just a poor excuse. The game would still exist without the "big" spenders, it'd probally exist without there being spenders too, I mean, there are internet games that just put up adverts and still have large playerbases with no transactions required. They exist, without spenders.

The line is drawn when spenders have an advantage over f2p that f2p can never get to. However, with this game, the better reasoning for it is what Kyno said:

P2P in this game is P2 skip. Anything a paying player pays for now, you can get eventually. everything they have, a f2p will have. There is no true advantage to spending 100's and 100's of dollars like in other games, which is great. All the are paying for is to win "now" because they have no patience. A person ranked 2000 could have the exact same things as a person ranked 1. That's what's great about this game. As long as you don't care about winning right now, just be patient and you will eventually :)
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Played p2go2future game. Got killed by time travelers from next year. Feels good, very accomplishment, would play and get killed by time travelers again.
  • Hellios
    43 posts Member
    #4 highest grossing app/game on playstore
    Nuff said
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The good news is that is you want to keep spending and spending and spending, CG/EA is happy to make that possible. You can even spend money on a specific game mode, then they will "rebalance" it, so all of your previous spending is suddenly useless - so you can start all over. How cool is that?!? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The good news is that is you want to keep spending and spending and spending, CG/EA is happy to make that possible. You can even spend money on a specific game mode, then they will "rebalance" it, so all of your previous spending is suddenly useless - so you can start all over. How cool is that?!? :D

it is pretty cool when your previous spending isn't giving you an advantage anymore because the peasants (me) have caught up.
    I'm in favour of giving the players an oppertunity to progress/have a better team once again, this goes for f2p and p2p alike. Obviously p2p will progress faster, but that's what they're paying for. I'm totally fine with that.
    Ofcourse it's a matter of perspective aswell. If you feel like you're spending to keep up, i can imagine you don't like it.
    End of the day i'll remain f2p and I don't give a flying flute about fleet. 2 arena's is too much for me and i've never enjoyed fleet battles. I'm however relatively certain that an f2p player who does like fleet and is willing to focus on the fleet arena, the rework can be beneficial to them depending on how "good" they are. Obviously for that to be possible it also means that other f2p players will have to do worse than they were doing before
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I am so tired of seeing this excuse, it's not a reason, its just a poor excuse. The game would still exist without the "big" spenders, it'd probally exist without there being spenders too, I mean, there are internet games that just put up adverts and still have large playerbases with no transactions required. They exist, without spenders.

The line is drawn when spenders have an advantage over f2p that f2p can never get to.

My words were: "Without spenders...."
    You twisted them into: "Without the "big" spenders..."

Spenders never had an advantage, which f2p couldn't get to at a later stage in this game. I have no problem with them having an advantage.

I'd still claim, that without the spenders, this game would never be. How would EA earn their money? I don't see any in—game adverts. With no earnings, how fast do you think they would shut down developing?

• I think it will cost eleventy billion dollars
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I can't answer your question until you tell me how it's possible to "win" this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH